Baseball vs Louisville CWS

WHOA!! What a catch by Rankin Woley! Looks like he may have slammed his knee into the concrete on the play, but he hauls in a great over the shoulder, sliding catch for out number 1, and will stay in the game. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fly out to center ends the cardinal threat. Excited to see Bailey Horn’s off-season progress. He’s been a nice surprise in postseason play. 

1-1 game to B3

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

WHOA!! What a catch by Rankin Woley! Looks like he may have slammed his knee into the concrete on the play, but he hauls in a great over the shoulder, sliding catch for out number 1, and will stay in the game. 

what a GAMER!!!

Horn works past a leadoff walk, and we'll go to B3 tied at 1.

Catches by Scheffler and Woley, as well as Julien's 10 pitch single may have woken this team back up from Sunday night's downer...

Let's get a few crooked numbers. 

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Fly out to center ends the cardinal threat. Excited to see Bailey Horn’s off-season progress. He’s been a nice surprise in postseason play. 

1-1 game to B3

He and Fitts. Those two could be invaluable pieces next season. 

Totally agree. In some ways, Fitts and Horn have been the key to our run. For a team with so many pitchers missing time, those guys gave us legit options. Could be huge for next year's team.

I’m not gonna second guess Gabe for the work at the plate but .... his decision making sending/holding runners at third hasn’t seemed confident 

and im talking season long

Gabe has shown consistently bad instincts as a third base coach in the CWS. Just horrible. Holding Holland against MSU. He got bailed out by an error. Then sending him on a shallow one-hopper to the RF. That was a great throw and a horrible send. An average throw would've beaten Holland home there.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

I’m not gonna second guess Gabe for the work at the plate but .... his decision making sending/holding runners at third hasn’t seemed confident 

Trying to see if the Louisville defense can live up to the pressure of the moment. That time it did. Thought it was pretty shallow myself but don’t mind the gamble in a win 4 straight or go home with one loss scenario 

I hate that send because we're hitting this pitcher. Make the guy earn outs. Don't give him outs on the basepath.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Trying to see if the Louisville defense can live up to the pressure of the moment. That time it did. Thought it was pretty shallow myself but don’t mind the gamble in a win 4 straight or go home with one loss scenario 

You are absolutely correct. Putting pressure on their defense will pay off. Baseball is a game of strategy....

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I hate that send because we're hitting this pitcher. Make the guy earn outs. Don't give him outs on the basepath.

Makes sense. We've also got one of our hotter hitters up after that in Julien. Oh well, just keep playing

Bailey struggling a bit to start the fourth. Walk puts them on first and second with nobody out. Need a double play. 

Archived