2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

FWIW, Pruitt and Ansley tagged team this kid. Gus didn't offer up or give much effort here. Kid was a HUGE AU fan and lean. Pruitt made him a priority and got him. This new wave of cov recruiting isn't going well with Gus. He needs to be face to face in person.

HUGE miss on AU here. Steele, T-Will, CRG, Gus, the whole staff.  Huge need for  2021.

When you say 'offer up' do you mean, he was not offered a scholarship by Gus? Or you think he was slow walking it?

That seems strange.

18 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

When you say 'offer up' do you mean, he was not offered a scholarship by Gus? Or you think he was slow walking it?

He means put much effort into the recruitment. Brooks has had an AU offer for over a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He means put much effort into the recruitment. Brooks has had an AU offer for over a year.

If Garner was in on it and wanted him, I don't see the problem being effort, even if it is being thrown at Gus. 

I don't see us having issues with our defense's front line  recruiting based on our history w/ Steele,Garner, etc... 

In the past, OL..yes. Not here. Need more proof it was Gus....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If Garner was in on it and wanted him, I don't see the problem being effort, even if it is being thrown at Gus.

WDE was specifically talking about Gus's effort in comparison to Pruitt that part of his post but he laid the blame at Gus's, Steele's, & Garner feet for the loss.

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't see us having issues with our defense's front line  recruiting based on our history w/ Steele,Garner, etc... 

Wasn't a point of the discussion.

23 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Need more proof it was Gus....

No you don't. Just know WDE is very well connected & trust his info on these situations. They are right a lot more than not.

• Love 1

I don’t care who is responsible, this seems like a huge miss. A 5* kid that is a huge AU fan and from close by....? Unless there were big character concerns that I’ve never seen stated, doesn’t seem like any way we can put lipstick on this pig....even if we are in on and sign other good players at this position. Just from a PR standpoint this is bad, especially on the heels of a good draft for our defense

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t care who is responsible, this seems like a huge miss. A 5* kid that is a huge AU fan and from close by....? Unless there were big character concerns that I’ve never seen stated, doesn’t seem like any way we can put lipstick on this pig....even if we are in on and sign other good players at this position. Just from a PR standpoint this is bad, especially on the heels of a good draft for our defense

It sucks to not land him but there is no PR issue here.

Hopefully we can flip this guy. Seemed like he was leaning to us then from what everyone is saying wasn’t much effort into getting him here. Lot of time before NSD. 

• Like 1

I need more context. I find it extremely hard to belief our HC or anyone on this staff wouldn't put in the necessary effort to obtain a player of this magnitude. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

“Optics” then. Just not a good look for the program IMO. Especially to that tool Pruitt, SMDH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

I need more context. I find it extremely hard to belief our HC or anyone on this staff wouldn't put in the necessary effort to obtain a player of this magnitude. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case which is sad. We slow played one of our legacies Jonah Williams a few years back. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

FWIW, Pruitt and Ansley tagged team this kid. Gus didn't offer up or give much effort here. Kid was a HUGE AU fan and lean. Pruitt made him a priority and got him. This new wave of cov recruiting isn't going well with Gus. He needs to be face to face in person.

HUGE miss on AU here. Steele, T-Will, CRG, Gus, the whole staff.  Huge need for  2021.

This goes back to a question i had about Gus earlier in the year.  He must have some kind of charisma in person.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Thank you for this post - I was under the impression that I was the only one with this opinion and was being dramatic

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fredst said:

“Optics” then. Just not a good look for the program IMO. Especially to that tool Pruitt, SMDH

Pruitt is a damn good recruiter, always has been. And I loathe the guy going all way back to his Hoover days. But I’ll give the devil his due on his one good quality.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

He must have some kind of charisma in person.

He does. I got to interact with him some this past season as part of my job and he was surprisingly engaging.

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Thank you for this post - I was under the impression that I was the only one with this opinion and was being dramatic

You still were being overly dramatic. It’s a bad loss but nothing that can’t be overcome by getting someone like Scoob Williams especially given Garner’s pedigree.

8 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Or, maybe there is so.eone higher on the list the the coaching staff likes more? 

I don’t know about more but the staff loves Scoob Williams. I wouldn’t say more either though because the staff would’ve taken both Brooks and Williams if they could for the edge rush position.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well it was great PR for UT XM radio mentioned it several times as their headline. They also pointed out it is a long ways to go until signing day so anything could happen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well it was great PR for UT XM radio mentioned it several times as their headline. They also pointed out it is a long ways to go until signing day so anything could happen

When I hear PR with recruiting I'm thinking Bammer media pushing & posting a negative narrative hard. Not sure they are going to harp on this although they very well could.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

When I hear PR with recruiting I'm thinking Bammer media pushing & posting a negative narrative hard. Not sure they are going to harp on this although they very well could.

True I was just stating how UT has gotten alot of good/positive PR recruiting wise from the national guys. It was mentioned again today about UT and Brooks also UT has received 6 commitments since this Covid19 crap started.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

True I was just stating how UT has gotten alot of good/positive PR recruiting wise from the national guys. It was mentioned again today about UT and Brooks also UT has received 6 commitments since this Covid19 crap started.

Yup. It definite;y looks like the Vols have adjusted to virtual recruiting better than we have.

• Like 2

Well hopefully this isn't over and Gus can use his in person charm on him. Keith said he would still be visiting so let's not lose it here.