2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bump. Hunter 48 says AU has made a big move with Brooks. Says Pruitt has crapped the bed in recruiting in the Summer of Rona & likely needs a big winning season to keep his class from falling apart.

Loved it for Pruitt crapping the bed. Can't wait for the payback this year. 

Edited by AUBwins
Love that we made a move too but despise Pruitt
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

tewtew.gif

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bump. Hunter 48 says AU has made a big move with Brooks. Says Pruitt has crapped the bed in recruiting in the Summer of Rona & likely needs a big winning season to keep his class from falling apart.

So hunter says we’re close but Dukes says it’s not as close as other say? What do you think E? 

27 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So hunter says we’re close but Dukes says it’s not as close as other say? What do you think E? 

I don't. I just post the info & see where it lands. I will say this though as a general statement to all. Just because one info pans out & another doesn't it doesn't mean that one should be judged or ostercized. Most insiders are just genuinely just trying to pass on whatever info they get for us. They will all have misses because these are 17-18 year old who can change their minds as fast as Flash runs the 40.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't. I just post the info & see where it lands. I will say this though as a general statement to all. Just because one info pans out & another doesn't it doesn't mean that one should be judged or ostercized. Most insiders are just genuinely just trying to pass on whatever info they get for us. They will all have misses because these are 17-18 year old who can change their minds as fast as Flash runs the 40.

With you there. All of this info is fluid.

• Like 1

Man I’m so confused as to which thread I’m in??? 😝 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JLee says AU may not take Brooks if he wanted in. Says there are some off the field concerns.

Interesting, considering the new possibly of signing T Lewis who apparently has similar concerns. Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Interesting, considering the new possibly of signing T Lewis who apparently has similar concerns. Thoughts?

At the Buck we have a number of options & he may not be higher than them. If he ends up at SDE we have Okoli committed. At LB we want 2 & Lewis & Trevin are the only known realistic targets.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

At the Buck we have a number of options & he may not be higher than them. If he ends up at SDE we have Okoli committed. At LB we want 2 & Lewis & Trevin are the only known realistic targets.

Thanks, but I was referring to the statement about possibly not taking him due to off field issues. That’s obviously different than not taking him because we’re full at the position. 

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks, but I was referring to the statement about possibly not taking him due to off field issues. That’s obviously different than not taking him because we’re full at the position. 

@Gowebb11I gave you the potential reasons why. More targets we like as much or better at the Buck on Brooks. On Lewis More desperate at LB with wanting 2 & not having many realistic targets we like as much. Therefore more willing to take a character chance.

@ellitor, I think you're absolutely right about our perceived priorities, but I would simply say, given the state of our DL and pass rush (in particular), I think the staff is incorrect about our desperation level for pass rushers.

9 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

@ellitor, I think you're absolutely right about our perceived priorities, but I would simply say, given the state of our DL and pass rush (in particular), I think the staff is incorrect about our desperation level for pass rushers.

@mcgufcmI'm saying the more desperation at LB comes from less options at the position. There are more pass rush options at the Buck the staff likes & AU is in a solid shape with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hearing Harsin is going hard after Dylan Brooks, who is committed to Tennessee at this time. He’s had some family ties to Auburn and I think they might want to see him here. After the hiring of Harsin our situation looks way better than Tennessee right now. Can y’all imagine how excited Coach is about having the chance to go after 4-5* recruits and have a great chance of getting them. I’ll bet he’s chomping at the bit to get after these guys!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Hearing Harsin is going hard after Dylan Brooks, who is committed to Tennessee at this time. He’s had some family ties to Auburn and I think they might want to see him here. After the hiring of Harsin our situation looks way better than Tennessee right now. Can y’all imagine how excited Coach is about having the chance to go after 4-5* recruits and have a great chance of getting them. I’ll bet he’s chomping at the bit to get after these guys!

He has a great vibe about him and the confidence is there . I bet recruiting jumps ASAP 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He has a great vibe about him and the confidence is there . I bet recruiting jumps ASAP 

He definitely seems to have a natural confidence on selling himself and his vision. Couple that with the on the field results he's had at Boise and getting guys to the league. I agree...I think he'll do just fine.

1st we need to read he decommitted from UT.

Then the possibility increases!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toddc said:

The family ties are AU legends Secedrick (Barfield days) and Jeris (Tubs days) McIntyre. Dylan has been AU his whole life but the prior coaching staff took him for granted and UT seized AU’s slow hand to get his commitment. This will be a sad day for AU to let this young star get away.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hopsing said:

1st we need to read he decommitted from UT.

Then the possibility increases!

The fact that he didn't sign with UT in the early signing period pretty much says he's not committed there. He may still have the option of signing with them, but were he truly sold on UT he'd have signed with them already.