2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

13 minutes ago, dilligas said:

One concern is the slowness of the NCAA investigation and ruling process.  Based on other examples it could be a year or more before ultimately decided.  Hopefully they issue a notice of anticipated violations (whatever that is called) and releases players from NLIs at that point and not have to wait for the process to play out.  Otherwise those kids could be stuck in limbo for the 2021 season.  I hope someone here can explain how it works.

@dilligasTennessee, expecting violations, can go ahead & release signees from their NLIs without having to wait on all that NCAA mess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@dilligasTennessee, expecting violations, can go ahead & release signees from their NLIs without having to wait on all that NCAA mess.

True, yes, hopefully they will.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I suppose they want to announce a DC first and see if they can change DB’s mind?

@The PlainsmanThat's what they are trying to do but it's only ticking him off. Still expected to go on a few more weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought I read somewhere that said they have 30 days to respond, but I could have dreamt it.

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

I thought I read somewhere that said they have 30 days to respond

Nope! They can give him the release or just let the time run out on the NLI which lasts through July.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Nope! They can give him the release or just let the time run out on the NLI which lasts through July.

If they do take the hard case route and make these young men wait till July any time I was competing with them for a new recruit I would bring it up to show what type of school you are dealing with. I am against negative recruiting but when you can actually point to something the school is doing to their recruits that is not negative.  A recruit should know that about a school. Gus for all his faults would never do something like force the young man to wait till July.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's been reported by a high school coach that knows Brooks well that Brooks cannot get anyone from TN to take his calls.  He has tried numerous times but no one answers.

2 minutes ago, tinman said:

It's been reported by a high school coach that knows Brooks well that Brooks cannot get anyone from TN to take his calls.  He has tried numerous times but no one answers.

Helpful sign to future recruits.

15 minutes ago, tinman said:

@tinman I don’t buy it. They want him on the roster. It’s also been reported by reputable people that the vols are trying to get him to wait just a little bit till they get a DC and try to sell him on staying with them.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@tinman I don’t buy it. They want him on the roster. It’s also been reported by reputable people that the vols are trying to get him to wait just a little bit till they get a DC and try to sell him on staying with them.

Last week on WJOX, one of the hosts that is on with Cole Cubelic said he had personally talked to the coach I mentioned and this is what he was told by the coach.  This was in the same segment where they interviewed the Oxford coach about Roc Taylor's situation.  Just passing on the information.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Which makes a lot more sense from the UT recruiters.

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Either way UT shouldn't be hindering  a kids chances to find a more suitable environment to play in because of their loss of institutional control. It's a bad look all around. Absolutely no honor in how they're playing these kids.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Either way UT shouldn't be hindering  a kids chances to find a more suitable environment to play in because of their loss of institutional control. It's a bad look all around. Absolutely no honor in how they're playing these kids.

Yup. And this coming on the heels of pulling Roc Taylor’s scholarship offer right before signing day. 

Sorry if this a dumb question.Can't Brooks, Brown or any other Tenn signee just walk out on their own and walk-on at another school?

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Sorry if this a dumb question.Can't Brooks, Brown or any other Tenn signee just walk out on their own and walk-on at another school?

@auburn4ever yes but that costs a lot of money and would be pointless to do since the NLI only runs through the summer semester.

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Did we offer him?

@Hank2020 nope! There is talk of some academic concerns. Also @Hunter48 is a coach in the state and says Roc gained some weight and lost some speed so he was too big & not quick enough to be a WR and not big enough to be an Y type of TE.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Hank2020 nope! There is talk of some academic concerns. Also @Hunter48 is a coach in the state and says Roc gained some weight and lost some speed so he was too big & not quick enough to be a WR and not big enough to be an Y type of TE.

Thx for the excellent info.

• Like 1

In a situation like Brooks is going through, is there a way the SEC office can get involved and settle it?  This is greater than a kid changing his mind about a school choice.  TN lost it's coaches who recruiter Brooks, and is apparently facing some stiff penalties for their recruiting violations.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

In a situation like Brooks is going through, is there a way the SEC office can get involved and settle it?

@tinman Not sure but why would they. If the Vols let the NLI run out it only costs Brooks 2 months in going to another school. It's probably a moot point anyway as it's still expected to be resolved in the next 2 to 4 weeks.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tinman Not sure but why would they. If the Vols let the NLI run out it only costs Brooks 2 months in going to another school. It's probably a moot point anyway as it's still expected to be resolved in the next 2 to 4 weeks.

TN getting good at this dodgeball game.