2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

38 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Does Rodney Garner to Tennessee make a difference here??

@tbone4jc I wouldn't think so. It's been known for a while that Garner would probably end up at utk.

• Thanks 1

Dylan should not have signed with Tennesse in the first place. I hope he'll still transfer to Auburn. I'd also love to see Cody Brown transfer to Auburn with Dylan.

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Cody Brown was released from his NLI let’s see if Brooks is next 

I think it is a matter of time before Brooks is a Tiger.  It is a shame that UT will not go ahead and grant the young man what he wants. Hopefully it will be a few days before it happens.  This will put us around the 20th spot in the recruiting for 2021. Not a bad jump for the 40s to the 20th spot in the recruiting ratings. I think Harsin will recruit well at Auburn and will win a lot of games for us.  I really like Harsin and think he is going to make an excellent coach in due time.

Edited by doc4aday
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think it is a matter of time before Brooks is a Tiger.  It is a shame that UT will not go ahead and grant the young man what he wants. Hopefully it will be a few days before it happens.  This will put us around the 20th spot in the recruiting for 2021. Not a bad jump for the 40s to the 20th spot in the recruiting ratings. I think Harsin will recruit well at Auburn and will win a lot of games for us.  I really like Harsin and think he is going to make an excellent coach in due time.

I think he is already an excellent coach and will have “on field” results to show it in “due time”.

21 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Keith says he expects it this week.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I wonder why they would release one and not the other?

Just now, Mikey said:

Because there’s one they actually want to keep (Brooks) and one they don’t mind walking (Brown)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Because there’s one they actually want to keep (Brooks) and one they don’t mind walking (Brown)

And that might be a hint at why AU isn’t trying to sign one-Brown. Something is going on with behind the scenes, or he’s just not a good fit.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

@Mikey Vols just hired their new DC a day or 2 ago. Probably wanted to give the DC a chance to make a pitch to keep Brooks before letting him go.

4 hours ago, toddc said:

And that might be a hint at why AU isn’t trying to sign one-Brown. Something is going on with behind the scenes, or he’s just not a good fit.

He’s slow, that’s probably the main reason 

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

AND they know that Brooks is going to an SEC “rival” as soon as they release him, although I’m not sure when the next time we play UT will be.  

32 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

AND they know that Brooks is going to an SEC “rival” as soon as they release him, although I’m not sure when the next time we play UT will be.  

Just played them 2 yrs ago so I don't think it would happen again in Brooks's career. 

There is a post above where E said they just hired a new DC a day or two ago and probably want to give the new DC a chance to convince him to stay. That makes logical sense. I would bet the new DC when he talks with him will ask him to think about staying and wait a day or two before making final decision on staying or going. So hopefully by this weekend or early next week we know if he has been released. 

Dumb question for somebody more knowledgeable about the rules than I am since he is still technically under the NLI is our staff allowed to talk with him or do they have to wait until officially released.   

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just played them 2 yrs ago so I don't think it would happen again in Brooks's career. 

We played Tennessee 2 years ago? Felt like last year

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We played Tennessee 2 years ago? Felt like last year

Jesus, I'm brain dead. We did play them last year, and we didn't even play them in 2019. We played them in 2018. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Dumb question for somebody more knowledgeable about the rules than I am since he is still technically under the NLI is our staff allowed to talk with him or do they have to wait until officially released.  

@AuburnNTexasHave to wait til he is released from his NLI.