2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

There we go...time to play the media game. UT puts the TU in stupid.

More is involved than releasing him from his NLI. Brooks may still have to sit a year if he chooses Auburn because of the SEC intraconference transfer rule that any undergrad who transfers has to sit out a year. It’s a rule that has been expected to be changed by now but has not been changed.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

More is involved than releasing him from his NLI. Brooks may still have to sit a year if he chooses Auburn because of the SEC intraconference transfer rule that any undergrad who transfers has to sit out a year. It’s a rule that has been expected to be changed by now but has not been changed.

With everything going on in Knoxville, he will get his release and a clean slate from the NCAA. If not, lawyer up and both the NCAA and SEC will fold. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like this one is getting ugly. Have to think Heupel and UTK getting put on blast in the media over this will force their hand. Would think they would not want another PR stain over a losing issue. But it's Tennessee, I don't put anything past them in terms of incompetence. 

I’m sure it’s been said . The kid wants out of his NLI. If he has to sit fine , but let the kid do what he wants and he wants to go somewhere other than TN. When coaches do this it blows my mind . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

With everything going on in Knoxville, he will get his release and a clean slate from the NCAA. If not, lawyer up and both the NCAA and SEC will fold. 

@AUStew87It’s not an NCAA issue. It’s strictly an SEC issue/rule and Tennessee plans to release him of his NLI but hold him to that SEC intraconference undergrad transfer rule.

• Like 1

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pretty sure Brown has that a bit confused. Everything I have read says the Vols are going to release him regardless but hold him to the SEC intraconference transfer rule that an undergrad has to sit a year before they can play. Yes it's extremely petty but it's also the norm for the SEC & their coaches.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is such BS. Did they do the same with Cody Brown the RB? That is a horrible move by UT and CJH and I hope it bites them in the @$$ for decades and sends them so far into the abyss of the has been's and used to be's of CFB. Does he have any recourse? I think he could get an attorney and fight it with the NCAA, but this makes it sound like he agreed.  I literally hope CJH catches crotch lobsters from the men's room at Denny's J/K....sort of. 

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Pretty sure Brown has that a bit confused. Everything I have read says the Vols are going to release him regardless but hold him to the SEC intraconference transfer rule that an undergrad has to sit a year before they can play. Yes it's extremely petty but it's also the norm for the SEC & their coaches.

I know that would be the norm with a player that transferred from the coaching staff he committed to, but is that the norm is this abnormal UT coaching situation? 

Do you think he will fight it and still end up at AU?

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

but is that the norm is this abnormal UT coaching situation? 

Not sure. I have not done research on this abnormal coaching situation.

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you think he will fight it and still end up at AU?

No clue but I will say it's long overdue for the SEC to change the rule so it's a nonissue.

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* Buck Dylan Brooks (2/19: Given partial release by Vols)
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I think that's what Rivals is saying.

It's freaking bull****.  IDK if they can ask for a waiver, but they should.  It's such a unique situation.  He committed and signed, then they have NCAA/Internal Sanctions, change coaches, etc.  Kid should be able to transfer.

If I'm not mistaken this was one of the things moving NSD up that Saban warned against.

Not that long ago a guy moved from bammer to UGA. Saban blocked, the guy threatened lawsuit and Saban caved. The details are a little different, but the situation is basically the same. That guy transferred within the SEC and played without sitting a year.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not that long ago a guy moved from bammer to UGA. Saban blocked, the guy threatened lawsuit and Saban caved. The details are a little different, but the situation is basically the same. That guy transferred within the SEC and played without sitting a year.

Correct. Maurice Smith & he has done it with others. From this article from a few years ago though he said it was out of his hands & strictly an SEC rule thing.

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Our staff needs to push hard for Dylan Brooks and Cody Brown.

@auburn4ever You've been told a few times the staff is not interested in Cody Brown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@auburn4ever You've been told a few times the staff is not interested in Cody Brown.

...but, but, but, what of that's just misdirection...lol.  eventually your point will be taken E...or will it...😁 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

...but, but, but, what of that's just misdirection...lol.  eventually your point will be taken E...or will it...😁 

With a4e unlikely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Wasn't that guy a graduate transfer?  

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

He's free!

Is this confirmed?

Seems weird, we got 2 different releases from the Vols. If so, why would they change their mind so quick? Sounds like they didn't think it through or the initial release info was incorrect to begin with....

5 minutes ago, Aubie the Tiger said:

Assuming all this information is accurate (partial release first, then full release hours later after a backlash), Tennessee continues to look like one of the most incompetent programs in the country.   

And to think that we were embarrassed just a couple months ago by how our coaching search was going, when in reality we were in the process of significantly upgrading the professionalism with which our program will be operated. 

I trust that all the folks who were so concerned that we'd become "the next Tennessee" if we fired Gus are appropriately chastened by how the divergence between the programs has only widened since that exact thing happened. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1