2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

@dilligasIt's still coinfusing. There's also this bullet point which applies to Brooks case...

Yeah but I think it’s clear that he cannot sign a new NLI this signing year.  As you said to begin with.

• Thanks 1

Brooks should put us at #20 for the class.  Nice recovery from the disaster he inherited 

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

He's talking Rodney Garner...who Brooks talked to and told him about the full release, I am assuming..

After Garner told him earlier this morning or yesterday the Vols would not release him to an SEC school.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

After Garner told him earlier this morning or yesterday the Vols would not release him to an SEC school.

I'm glad he finally told him the right thing

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'm glad he finally told him the right thing

NAW....We don't want him. Not even ranked inside the top 75. Never going to be able to compete with these low ceiling recruits. 😆

• Haha 4

He can't sign an NLI so until he is enrolled he is not ours, has he stated that he wants to come to Auburn since they released him or are we just assuming he wants to because we were initially his 2nd choice. If we do get him and we move to around number 20 that means our class will be better than 20 but not on paper, because the transfers we pick up even if they can play this year don't count toward class total but they do count when they are playing and some even starting.

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

has he stated that he wants to come to Auburn since they released him or are we just assuming he wants to because we were initially his 2nd choice.

@AuburnNTexas Yes he wants and plans to come to Auburn. Him stating it publicly so much is part of the reason why Tennessee was so annoyed and took their time in giving him the release and the full release.

• Like 5

There's still the SEC rule to be dealt with. Unless Brooks gets a waiver or some other way around that he'll have to sit out a transfer year. I think he should hire a lawyer and threaten a lawsuit. It seems that's all it takes to get your way these days.

• Facepalm 1

I don’t think that’s true. I’d have to look it up. My understanding is, he didn’t enroll at UTj. If that’s right, I don’t think the SEC counts it as a transfer; however, the NCAA NLI rules were the impediment. Could be wrong. But that’s my understanding. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

There's still the SEC rule to be dealt with. Unless Brooks gets a waiver or some other way around that he'll have to sit out a transfer year. I think he should hire a lawyer and threaten a lawsuit. It seems that's all it takes to get your way these days.

he's not enrolled at Tennessee and he just got released from from his letter of intent he can sign anywhere he wants like its been reported. also i wouldn't be surprised if others are allowed to transfer like Ole Miss. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

@Mikeyhe has been given a full release to go anywhere he wants. That means the Tennessee has waived the SEC transfer rule where a player has to sit out their first year at a new SEC school. The rule is enforceable at the discretion of  the original school, not something that is automatically applied to all undergrad transfers Who had not enrolled within the conference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I don’t think that’s true. I’d have to look it up. My understanding is, he didn’t enroll at UTj. If that’s right, I don’t think the SEC counts it as a transfer; however, the NCAA NLI rules were the impediment. Could be wrong. But that’s my understanding. 

Correct.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Mikeyhe has been given a full release to go anywhere he wants. That means the Tennessee has waived the SEC transfer rule where a player has to sit out their first year at a new SEC school. The rule is enforceable at the discretion of  the original school, not something that is automatically applied to all undergrad transfers Who had not enrolled within the conference.

So, the "losing" school has the authority to waive the SEC rule? Interesting and unusual.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, the "losing" school has the authority to waive the SEC rule? Interesting and unusual.

Not sure what you mean by losing school but the original school who the recruit signed with can release the recruit from an NLI & the SEC must sit out a year rule if the recruit has mot enrolled yet.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not sure what you mean by losing school

The school that's losing the player. In this case, Tennessee.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you think he has any interest in AU?

How have you missed this part? It’s been talked about on here for weeks. The answer is yes.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The school that's losing the player. In this case, Tennessee.

An NLI has to be somewhat binding. I do feel there should be some stipulations like coaching changes, ncaa investing, etc that can let a kid out of it

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

An NLI has to be somewhat binding. I do feel there should be some stipulations like coaching changes, ncaa investing, etc that can let a kid out of it

Part of the problem with tieing a release with NCAA rules violations is that can take years to play out.  NCAA needs to overhaul their process to move much quicker.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, toddc said:

How have you missed this part? It’s been talked about on here for weeks. The answer is yes.

He was replying to a4e (yellow font)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1