2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

58 minutes ago, toddc said:

How have you missed this part? It’s been talked about on here for weeks. The answer is yes.

LOL how did you miss the play on A4E? He has been on here doing his...thing.. for years

• Like 3

Kablooey baby!!!

• Like 1

Kablooey baby!!!

4-star defender Dylan Brooks commits to Auburn

8 minutes ago

Dylan Brooks, a 4-star defensive end recruit released Friday from his National Letter of Intent with Tennessee, already has found a new home.

He will be an Auburn Tiger.

Brooks committed to coach Bryan Harsin's program Saturday afternoon.

"That's the best place for me," Brooks told Auburn Undercover. "I just want to stay home -- 334."

Brooks, a standout at Roanoke (Ala.) Handley, committed to the Vols last spring and signed with that program Dec. 16, but made the decision in January to go elsewhere after Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, two assistants and multiple staffers were fired. Brooks subsequently submitted a National Letter of Intent Release Request, and cited extenuating circumstances (ie: Pruitt's firing) as the reason.

Tennessee on Friday released Brooks from his NLI with no restrictions, making him free to attend any school he wanted. Once the release became official, he was free to communicate with other programs and many reached out, including UCF, where former Auburn Coach Gus Malzahn now is in charge. But for Brooks, an Auburn legacy (his cousin is former Tigers receiver Jeris McIntyre), Auburn was where he wanted to be.

When he spoke to Harsin, outside linebackers coach Bert Watts and defensive line coach Nick Eason on Friday, that sealed the deal for Auburn.

“It went good," Brooks said. "They're real genuine guys. Coach Harsin -- he's just straight forward. He's not going to beat around the bush with you. He's going to tell you the truth. I also talked to Coach Watts and he's a good dude, too. And Coach Eason."

Brooks is the No. 76 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He will be the highest-ranked player in the 2021 Auburn recruiting class.

Brooks, listed at 6-feet-5, 250 pounds, could be an edge rusher or strong-side end in college. That will be determined after he arrives on campus this summer.

“They said it depends on how my body grows," Brooks said. "But I really want to play outside. I think I'm better at pass rushing."

For Brooks -- and his family -- a stressful period now is over.

7COMMENTS

"They just want what's best for me," Brooks said. "They're happy for me."

247Sports evaluation: Tall with a big frame and long arms. Has room to fill out considerably once in a college strength program. Quick and explosive off the ball. Shows the ability to transition speed to power and overwhelm offensive linemen at the point of attack. Flexible off the edge, dipping with bend as he rounds the arc. Plays fast and tracks down plays in pursuit with impressive speed. Disenages from blocks and looks to embrace contact. Also shows his athleticism by dropping into space at linebacker and contributing on offense as a wide receiver. Will need to continue working on his tackling and finishing. Plays relatively low competition and should see an uptick in production as a senior with continued improvement. Projects as a a multi-year starter at the Power Five level with the upside to be an early round NFL Draft pick.

• Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

Welcome aboard Dylan!

Our class is now all the way up to 20. Still relatively weak but given where we were two months ago, a fine job by Harsin.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Welcome aboard Dylan!

Our class is now all the way up to 20. Still relatively weak but given where we were two months ago, a fine job by Harsin.

Yes. Plus we already got a good Transfer with 3 years that doesn't count in the rankings. He would probably be re-ranked a 4 * if they did that.

The baseball team got off to a good start yesterday. The gymnastics team had a big win last night. The softball team had a big win this morning. Brooks has committed. And Memphis is above freezing for the 1st time in 10 days! Already a good weekend. So maybe there's another softball win & an upset in Baton Rouge on the way given the positive mojo! War Eagle my fellow Aubies!

• Like 4

Wondering what our average recruit rating, which is the most important thing.?

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

@toddc go to the 247 team rankings recruiting page. Rating per recruit will be the last or second to last column.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

88.83. Not quite the 90.00 threshold but not far off. Good recovery. If we can get a few more solid transfers then this class will not be a waste at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

88.83. Not quite the 90.00 threshold but not far off. Good recovery. If we can get a few more solid transfers then this class will not be a waste at all.

The class was never going to be a waste. If nothing else, we had already signed several high potential guys, including one transfer with FBS experience and 3 years to play (he also has 2 degrees already, which boggles my mind)...

• Like 1

Just now, WFE12 said:

Can coaching make up for a subpar ranking class?...I hope so

Alabama's current US senator says yes.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc go to the 247 team rankings recruiting page. Rating per recruit will be the last or second to last column.

I was trying to be lazy e. It’s Saturday 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The class was never going to be a waste. If nothing else, we had already signed several high potential guys, including one transfer with FBS experience and 3 years to play (he also has 2 degrees already, which boggles my mind)...

I completely agree. I have been really high on most of the class, but many AU fans have mentioned the class as a waste saying things like " If any year for a wasted recruiting class it was this year" and things like that.