2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

Maybe like Brian Smith, DE, from those great 1980s defenses (before he turned into a really crappy/crooked money manager/stocker broker, lol).

Might be a legitimate LB/DE hybrid. Think like FSU’s Burns instead of our typical pass-rush-exclusively buck. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He has some wheels for a big man. He looked good at DE, LB and TE. Like most big HS players he overpowers smaller players but he does use his hands well and keeps his head up watching the play develop then attacks.  Will need to work on Pad level at next level but you can say that about most HS lineman.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He has some wheels for a big man. He looked good at DE, LB and TE. Like most big HS players he overpowers smaller players but he does use his hands well and keeps his head up watching the play develop then attacks.  Will need to work on Pad level at next level but you can say that about most HS lineman.

yes it is obvious his size affords him a lot of bad technique at the moment.  But really good speed for his size.  A DE\LB that can play WR\TE is a find in my book

• 2 weeks later...

This is Jeris McIntyre cousin right? NEED NEED NEED.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is Jeris McIntyre cousin right? NEED NEED NEED.

Not sure if it’s cousin but they are related somehow.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 2:48 PM, ellitor said:

Not sure if it’s cousin but they are related somehow.

I believe they are second cousins, and Brooks is the child of Jeris's first cousin. Don't hold me to it, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I see buzz going around today about Tennessee is trending with Dylan Brooks after LSU was presumed to be his leader within the last couple of weeks. 

Malzahn has had epic recruiting fails, but this would be near the top. This kid grew up an Auburn fan, he’s in our back yard, he has family that played for Auburn, etc...

At some point, the bleeding has to stop!

• Like 1

Vols trending big for Brooks now. 11 picks came in today alone combined between Rivals & 247 pickers.

10 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Malzahn has had epic recruiting fails, but this would be near the top.

Gus gets his rightful criticisms but this isn't one of them. This would not be on Gus. He doesn't do much with D recruits.

also FWIW Keith said he wouldn’t worry if he was an Auburn fan. He says Auburn is still in good shape with Scoob Williams and four-star edge rusher Keanu Koht.

Keith says AU won't give up & expect him to visit AU some more.

So keeping this thread here.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 5* Buck Dylan Brooks (Vols)

The hits and pain in recruiting keep on coming. Been a rough past few weeks. I am HURTING muhhhhhhhh broooooooooodies. Body shot after body shot!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this makes me so mad. This is another AU legacy. AND TO A FREAKING GARBAGE team like Rocky Top?!?! GTFO!!!!!!! I AM OUT going to go smash some golf balls at the driving range. 

• Like 1

we could flip him. We took away one last year from the vols right out of their back yard so you never know.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus gets his rightful criticisms but this isn't one of them. This would not be on Gus. He doesn't do much with D recruits.

also FWIW Keith said he wouldn’t worry if he was an Auburn fan. He says Auburn is still in good shape with Scoob Williams and four-star edge rusher Keanu Koht.

Sorry, I’m not buying it! YES, Auburn fans absolutely need to be worried if we can’t even land a 5 star DE in our own backyard that grew up an Auburn fan. Why would we assume that we can land these other two prospects when we can’t even land a guy with such strong ties to Auburn? 

I love Keith, but he and everyone else needs to stop distracting from the fact that this is a HUGE miss. We didn’t even lose this guy to Alabama. We didn’t even lose this guy to Clemson, UGA, or LSU. We let frickin Tennessee beat us for a guy that should have been a lock to Auburn!

It absolutely blows my mind that someone like Pruitt can out recruit Malzahn when Gus has accomplished far more. Has Pruitt beat Saban? Has Pruitt beat Smart? Has Pruitt been to Atlanta? Has Pruitt played for a national championship? Absolutely not! Gus has the advantage! Rodney Garner should never lose a recruit like this with his track record of putting guys in the league. This is inexcusable.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Sorry, I’m not buying it!

I don’t give a rats butt whether you buy it or not. That doesn’t change the fact it’s the truth.

YES, Auburn fans absolutely need to be worried if we can’t even land a 5 star DE in our own backyard that grew up an Auburn fan

Again, given Coach Garner’s track record no we don’t. We will be good on the line just like always. You’re just having an over the top emotional reaction just like you always do. If we didn’t have Coach Garner and his track record to learn from then yes there would be reason to be concerned. Don’t get me wrong. It does suck missing out on Brooks but at the same time I know we still will have a really good defensive line class like always.

Why would we assume that we can land these other two prospects when we can’t even land a guy with such strong ties to Auburn? 

Because we are in a good spot with those kids and because of Garner’s track record of closing. How many times do I have to repeat this?

he and everyone else needs to stop distracting from the fact that this is a HUGE miss

He’s not. He said it was a huge miss but also said there’s not a reason to be concerned right now and logically and factually he’s right.

It absolutely blows my mind that someone like Pruitt can out recruit Malzahn when Gus has accomplished far more.

Pruitt doesn’t get the credit for the win just like Gus doesn’t get credit for the loss. Ainsley won this recording battle for Tennessee. He was teammates with Brooks his high school coach back in the day. That formed a strong relationship with Brooks and was what helped win the battle for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Malzahn has had epic recruiting fails, but this would be near the top. This kid grew up an Auburn fan, he’s in our back yard, he has family that played for Auburn, etc...

So, had the kid chosen AU it would have been kudos to Garner and Steele. He chooses elsewhere and it's a Malzahn epic fail...... I see.

9 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Sorry, I’m not buying it! YES, Auburn fans absolutely need to be worried if we can’t even land a 5 star DE in our own backyard that grew up an Auburn fan. Why would we assume that we can land these other two prospects when we can’t even land a guy with such strong ties to Auburn? 

I love Keith, but he and everyone else needs to stop distracting from the fact that this is a HUGE miss. We didn’t even lose this guy to Alabama. We didn’t even lose this guy to Clemson, UGA, or LSU. We let frickin Tennessee beat us for a guy that should have been a lock to Auburn!

It absolutely blows my mind that someone like Pruitt can out recruit Malzahn when Gus has accomplished far more. Has Pruitt beat Saban? Has Pruitt beat Smart? Has Pruitt been to Atlanta? Has Pruitt played for a national championship? Absolutely not! Gus has the advantage! Rodney Garner should never lose a recruit like this with his track record of putting guys in the league. This is inexcusable.

Has Pruitt beat Saban or Smart? No, but he did beat Malzahn, with one of worst TN teams in modern college football. 

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The hits and pain in recruiting keep on coming. Been a rough past few weeks. I am HURTING muhhhhhhhh broooooooooodies. Body shot after body shot!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this makes me so mad. This is another AU legacy. AND TO A FREAKING GARBAGE team like Rocky Top?!?! GTFO!!!!!!! I AM OUT going to go smash some golf balls at the driving range. 

I agree this hurts, but if he had to go somewhere, I am okay with it being a Tennessee or South Carolina.  We don't face these teams much, but you know who does?  thUGA.  I am tired of their cakewalks to the SEC Championship and them being so fresh when they play us.  Make them earn it.  I would love to have Brooks, but if we have to lose out on him, have him go to a school that would have some benefit indirectly to Auburn.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, had the kid chosen AU it would have been kudos to Garner and Steele. He chooses elsewhere and it's a Malzahn epic fail...... I see.

FWIW, Pruitt and Ansley tagged team this kid. Gus didn't offer up or give much effort here. Kid was a HUGE AU fan and lean. Pruitt made him a priority and got him. This new wave of cov recruiting isn't going well with Gus. He needs to be face to face in person.

HUGE miss on AU here. Steele, T-Will, CRG, Gus, the whole staff.  Huge need for  2021.

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I agree this hurts, but if he had to go somewhere, I am okay with it being a Tennessee or South Carolina.  We don't face these teams much, but you know who does?  thUGA.  I am tired of their cakewalks to the SEC Championship and them being so fresh when they play us.  Make them earn it.  I would love to have Brooks, but if we have to lose out on him, have him go to a school that would have some benefit indirectly to Auburn.

OK with this? No way anyone should be. Kid was a HUGE AU lean. AU fan. Can't keep missing on these kids. This won't hurt bama at all. They will get another as good. Hurts AU. Pruitt is wreaking havoc in north Alabama right now with Ansley.