2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Why is Gus getting all the blame

He's not. Been said a few times it falls on all 3.

Would love to steal this kid from these tools. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Certainly disappointing. A few short months ago AU seemed to be leading for around four or five  5* recruits McKinstry, Brooks, Hunter and others I think.  We all knew that was too good to be true.  We still have Hunter who is demoted to 4* and probably a little shaky now. We seem to have a difficult time keeping legacies and early commits.

13 hours ago, autan said:

Certainly disappointing. A few short months ago AU seemed to be leading for around four or five  5* recruits McKinstry, Brooks, Hunter and others I think.  We all knew that was too good to be true.  We still have Hunter who is demoted to 4* and probably a little shaky now. We seem to have a difficult time keeping legacies and early commits.

Don't think we led for any other 5*s you didn't mention. Heck. I'm not truly sure we ever really led with Kool Aid.

We don't have any tough time keeping early commits than any other school not named Clemson. We just think we have a tougher time because we focus on them when they happen against us.

• Like 2

I still believe we have a decent chance to flip Brooks. I know Keith said Au is still recruiting him. Also RG  wins a lot more than he loses. I just do not think this is over. Ellitor must feel this way also since he has kept him active.

1 hour ago, Samau said:

I still believe we have a decent chance to flip Brooks. I know Keith said Au is still recruiting him. Also RG  wins a lot more than he loses. I just do not think this is over. Ellitor must feel this way also since he has kept him active.

Would love to steal as much as possible from Tennessee

1 hour ago, Samau said:

Ellitor must feel this way also since he has kept him active.

I only have him over here & not moved to Rivals Recruiting because Keith says we are still recruiting him & is expected to visit AU. If early playing time is indeed the most important thing to him as has been reported he will be tough to flip. The Vols have earlier PT at their OLB spot than we do at the Edge with guys like Derrick Hall emerging..

Good point, and I agree. He probably stays a Vol for the reasons you have given but I still would not be shocked if he were to flip. 

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

I only have him over here & not moved to Rivals Recruiting because Keith says we are still recruiting him & is expected to visit AU. If early playing time is indeed the most important thing to him as has been reported he will be tough to flip. The Vols have earlier PT at their OLB spot than we do at the Edge with guys like Derrick Hall emerging..

Early PT is BS. Derick Hall has done nothing to warrant any 5* recruit from being scared of competing against him. Alabama, UGA, & Clemson get kids all the time when they already have quality depth. We got out-recruited by Pruitt, period.

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Early PT is BS. Derick Hall has done nothing to warrant any 5* recruit from being scared of competing against him

Nobody said or implied he was scared. Point is Derek Hall and Big Kat Bryant are likely better than anything that Tennessee has on the roster right now And both would be ahead of Brooks his first year on campus, especially given he’s undersized right now at 220 pounds. I know you want all the stars badly but try to think things through at least once in a while please.

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

We got out-recruited by Pruitt, period.

Actually it was heavily Ansley Who has an in with his high school coach but yes they out recruited us. How many more times does that need to be regurgitated?

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nobody said or implied he was scared. Point is Derek Hall and Big Kat Bryant are likely better than anything that Tennessee has on the roster right now And both would be ahead of Brooks his first year on campus, especially given he’s undersized right now at 220 pounds. I know you want all the stars badly but try to think things through at least once in a while please.

Actually it was heavily Ansley Who has an in with his high school coach but yes they out recruited us. How many more times does that need to be regurgitated?

Big Cat Bryant is a senior and will not be here in 2021.  My argument is not with the stars. I’m sure Scoob Williams will be a quality player if we are fortunate enough to land him. My problem is that we continue to lose recruits that should be an Auburn lock.  

I also understand that Ansley was the main recruiter. But when it is reported on a National level (WJOX, Clay Travis, and ESPN), they aren’t talking about how Derrick Ansley beat out Rodney Garner for this recruit. The National perspective is that Jeremy Pruitt is whipping Gus Malzahn in his own backyard, and that is/should be embarrassing. Everything falls at the feet of the head coach. 

What continues to make me upset is that something has to change unless we want to continue to lose 5 games every year, And we can’t narrow the gap on the big boys if we start losing recruits to frickin Tennessee.

• Like 1

Tennessee seems to be bringing in a check of a class for next year. We will continue to lose 4 to 5 games a year.

Edited by auburn4ever

14 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Tennessee seems to be bringing in a check of a class for next year. We will continue to lose 4 to 5 games a year.

If y'all want to be like Tenn. go ahead. Losing one recruit (which we haven't even lost yet) doesn't mean the sky is falling. Many of you get all upset every time we miss on someone but fail to say anything when we beat out one of our rivals for someone else. It's just the way recruiting goes. We will end up getting our share and who know we may end up with this guy. Bunch of whiners!!!

• Like 7

22 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

My problem is that we continue to lose recruits that should be an Auburn lock.

@CameronCrazy there is rarely such a thing as an Auburn lock or lock for any team based onfandom. Childhood fandom rarely has an impact on recruitment when kids make their ultimate college decisions.

But when it is reported on a National level (WJOX, Clay Travis, and ESPN), they aren’t talking about how Derrick Ansley beat out Rodney Garner for this recruit.

But you know as well as I, most of those radio & media heads know far less about recruiting than most of us who follow it religiously so screw what they think or say.

The National perspective is that Jeremy Pruitt is whipping Gus Malzahn in his own backyard,

And it's wrong. The Vols only have 1 commit we were working hard for. Not necessarily back yard but the 2 teams are tied 1-1 for taking home state players the other school wanted. They got Brooks, we got Gooch.

that is/should be embarrassing.

I would agree if it were true.

Everything falls at the feet of the head coach. 

True but that doesn't always mean that whatever happened is always primarily their fault. Like WDE said, for Brooks: Gus Steele, & Garner all take the L.

What continues to make me upset is that something has to change unless we want to continue to lose 5 games every year,

I agree & that's on player development & retention. Outside of the OL we are landing talent to lose less than 5 games a year.

And we can’t narrow the gap on the big boys if we start losing recruits to frickin Tennessee.

As bad as their playing has been we have been losing 1-2 to them per year for a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bg5 said:

fail to say anything when we beat out one of our rivals for someone else.

Not going to lie this bugs the crap out of me. If you're going to crap on the Ls at least come & praise the Ws.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not going to lie this bugs the crap out of me. If you're going to crap on the Ls at least come & praise the Ws.

If you did that you couldn't be a members of the Whiners club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bg5 said:

If y'all want to be like Tenn. go ahead. Losing one recruit (which we haven't even lost yet) doesn't mean the sky is falling. Many of you get all upset every time we miss on someone but fail to say anything when we beat out one of our rivals for someone else. It's just the way recruiting goes. We will end up getting our share and who know we may end up with this guy. Bunch of whiners!!!

Seems like quite a few of these posters are masochists. Lose a recruit then everybody jumps in that thread, if we get a guy to commit to us then it’s crickets

Wow this is getting to Ole Miss levels with UT now. 

Fulmer doesn't seem to care about possible repercussions... 

Let them pull this with one of Bamas commits. Something tells me the REC would relish the possibility to pay Fat Phil back.

Mark your calender folks. Its just a matter of time... Either the REC will put Tennessee back to the stone ages or the NCAA is just gonna stop policing these types of things because Tennessee is going full Will Wade in football recruiting.

I wish we had landed Brooks, and maybe we still will. But I have no problem with UT regaining its mojo. It’s one more competitive game that UAT has to play every year. UT being up or down has little effect on us, but a strong UT puts more pressure on Bama. 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, augolf1716 said:

Bahahaha!!! This is hilarious. The girls dancing in the background TOTALLY does not fit the music.😆

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Bahahaha!!! This is hilarious. The girls dancing in the background TOTALLY does not fit the music.😆

What is the name of the dance they are "supposed" to be doing?  The FRUG?  The SWIM?  The PONY?

2 hours ago, tinman said:

What is the name of the dance they are "supposed" to be doing?  The FRUG?  The SWIM?  The PONY?

Dont quite know. I was born around that time..Golf has lived through every dance era in history, maybe he knows.

6 hours ago, tinman said:

yes. I think it's all 3 actually. 😄