2021 4* DT Lee Hunter Commits to AU!

ellitor

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

And there's a change behind AU. UGA is 2 & LSU is 3 instead of the Vols who had been right behind AU.

I would prefer Vols remain number 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just FYI to everyone. He was on the visitor list for the Iron Bowl yesterday but he actually went to the FSU at UF game instead. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

@bigbird I personally still think we are in a good position. I think he went to a good amount of our home game this year. He was at the Georgia game. But yah out of the big 3 for 2021 he was the only one who wasn't there. Can't duplicate and re create the atmosphere last night on unofficial visits during the off season.

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@bigbird I personally still think we are in a good position. I think he went to a good amount of our home game this year. He was at the Georgia game. But yah out of the big 3 for 2021 he was the only one who wasn't there. Can't duplicate and re create the atmosphere last night on unofficial visits during the off season.

And passed that up for a snoozefest at UF/FSU? Seems kinda odd

• Thanks 1

DAMN IT. I REALLY REALLY wish he was at that Iron Bowl now.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

DAMN IT. I REALLY REALLY wish he was at that Iron Bowl now.

Sheesh. That sucks. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Sheesh. That sucks. 

He is a wild card for sure. I mean he is in a Kentucky Jersey in his twitter pic lol.

Posted on 7 mins, , User Since 24228 months ago, User Post Count: 0

One of the top 2021 defensive tackle prospects in the country, Blount High (Alabama) standout Lee Hunter has offers from many of the top programs in the country and he's ready to make his decision. A 6-5, 300-pounder, Hunter is ranked as the No. 4 defensive tackle prospect in the country and the No. 28 prospect overall by the 247Sports Composite rankings. With his junior season in the books and a chance to look over his top schools, Hunter says it's time to make the call.

"My final schools are Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Alabama and Clemson," Hunter told Auburn247. "It will come down to where my heart is telling me to go."

Holding nearly two dozen offers, Hunter helped the Leopards to a playoff berth this past season and will be part of what should be one of the most talented teams in the state next year with several key starters returning on both sides of the ball.

Coming off a loss to Eufaula in the opening round of the playoffs, Hunter said his goal was to improve his quickness and explosiveness as a player going into his final prep season.

“I think I got much better, but I need to be focused on getting stronger and faster for next year,” Hunter said. “I always have the mentality of ‘never quit’.”

Hunter said he plans to announce his decision sometime late Tuesday morning.

So...maybe if he chooses someone else we can still get him on campus sometime and be able to flip him between now and then? I do not want to see another Elite guy commit to us a year before and then back-out. Seems to hurt worse IMO.

Also, I know he spurned our Iron Bowl for the UF/FSU game....he has been to other games...maybe he is good with us and just wanted to experience another school before committing? I would be even more worried if UF or FSU was in his final choices, but I would also be more confident had he came to IB.

Edited by Tigerpro2a

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So...maybe if he chooses someone else we can still get him on campus sometime and be able to flip him between now and then? I do not want to see another Elite guy commit to us a year before and then back-out. Seems to hurt worse IMO.

Also, I know he spurned our Iron Bowl for the UF/FSU game....he has been to other games...maybe he is good with us and just wanted to experience another school before committing? I would be even more worried if UF or FSU was in his final choices, but I would also be more confident had he came to IB.

I feel a lot better now that Florida is not one of his final schools.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I feel a lot better now that Florida is not one of his final schools.

Should have felt better by looking at Keith's posts last night with his confidence being high Lee picks AU.

• Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 5* DT Lee Hunter (Commit Watch: 12/3)
  • ellitor changed the title to ***2021 5* DT Lee Hunter Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
Just now, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

So uncomfortable. That look around the room to see if his new catch phrase resonated and realization it did not was a Shivers-on-McKinney moment in that guy’s soul. 

• Haha 1

Boom boom booming boom boom 💥 booming boom booming boom 💥 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

So uncomfortable. That look around the room to see if his new catch phrase resonated and realization it did not was a Shivers-on-McKinney moment in that guy’s soul. 

Have you seen the whole broadcast. It's hilariously terrible

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Have you seen the whole broadcast. It's hilariously terrible

Yes, I just don't think I ever noticed that subtle look right after he said it.