2021 4* DT Lee Hunter Commits to AU!

ellitor

THE OG STILL GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! just FYI Kevin Steele was the primary recruiter here!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! WAY TO GO COACH!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! #WDE

https://247sports.com/Player/Lee-Hunter-46058922/

Garner and Steele are solid gold. Heck of a run those two are on with the DL. Hardy, Walker, Hunter. Let's go ahead and add to it!!

• Love 1

Excellent pick up for sure, he’s the kind of difference maker we must continue to recruit and sign. Gonna have to get that boy a new number though, the ole #7 at AU is not, nor will ever be available at AU. :) 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I said it before the season but I believed our early roots with the best recruits in state was going to pan out. 3 out the 4 and hopefully we can eek out McKinstry

2 out of 4 right now. We don't have Dylan Brooks yet.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

T-Will did a lot of work here also. Lot.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The videos he does on social publicly praising his players make this 30+ year old lady want to go play for him. I love his passion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

War Damn! Wish he were 2020 but that's a really solid pickup.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, Zeek said:

War Damn! Wish he were 2020 but that's a really solid pickup.

A Chevy Silverado is a really solid pickup. Lee Hunter is a mother lode.

I agree about wishing he were a 2020 prospect, though. Nice to have this kind of anchor for the 2021 class, but we need a 5 star DT for next season to replace Derrick Brown, don't we? Oh well, what can you do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Rednilla said:

but we need a 5 star DT for next season to replace Derrick Brown, don't we?

Not if the guys on roster plus the high 4 stars that he has committed pan out.

The D line will be solid next year. Some of the players who played this year will be better next year with a years experience. As good as Brown and Davidson were they got better each year they were here and had their best seasons as Seniors. Some of the kids we sign this year will get PT and provide depth and get better as year progresses.  That said we will be replacing two great players and there will be some drop off. 

In 2021 Hunter will get PT and hopefully have the same type of progression as Brown and Davidson.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 8:12 AM, ellitor said:

Not if the guys on roster plus the high 4 stars that he has committed pan out.

Little bit of sarcasm there, E. I'm rarely concerned with the defensive line under Garner. The selfish part of me wants to have a 5 star DT who will eventually be a 4 year starter as soon as possible. The reasonable part of me understands that we have boat loads of talent, even if none of them were quite good enough in high school to be 5 stars (subjectively, of course).

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 8:38 AM, triangletiger said:

Lobos didn't want him.

Speaking of Lobos, we scheduled them in 2024 I think 🤔!