2021 4* DT Lee Hunter Commits to AU!

ellitor

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* DT Lee Hunter Commits to AU!
8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh dear. I know what comes next in this thread...

Hey!  anyone ever notice when......ooops, I think I know what you mean.  hahha

Seriously, is there a trend?  I know I am homer most of the time, but seems like a trend.  Even a guy on  a podcast, who reports on recruiting, was complaining about his own service downgrading Tank B after the last exhibition game (which kinda negates Tanks 13-14 regular season games).   

Any facts out there? 

It seems that only Auburn recruits are the only ones getting their star ratings negatively effected.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

It seems that only Auburn recruits are the only ones getting their star ratings negatively effected.

Ratings go up and down for most schools including Auburn.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:17 PM, ellitor said:

Ratings go up and down for most schools including Auburn.

I think the reason most feel this way (including me) is that most Auburn sites as well as the university itself are honest to where they reflect the current star rankings.  So if a player lost a star we now reflect that.  At least over here with UGA, if any site at any point in time listed one of their commitments at a 5*, they will forever say they were a 5* even if they drop down to 4*'s.

On 2/20/2020 at 5:07 PM, Beaker said:

Hey!  anyone ever notice when......ooops, I think I know what you mean.  hahha

Seriously, is there a trend?  I know I am homer most of the time, but seems like a trend.  Even a guy on  a podcast, who reports on recruiting, was complaining about his own service downgrading Tank B after the last exhibition game (which kinda negates Tanks 13-14 regular season games).   

Any facts out there? 

unnamed.gif

Edited by AUsince72
  • Haha 1

While it would be nice to have Tank as officially a 5* and based on a whole years performance he probably should have been what is more important is that he signed with us and we got the back our coaches wanted the most.  I am ready to see Tank roll over SEC defenses.

I watched some of Hunters film I believe you will see him get is 5th * back in the future assuming he hits some camps this summer and dominates.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

Not sure but I suspect this might be the first time our QB signee is the lowest rated signee in the class.. I would have to say Garnett is the most underrated player signed by AU this year. At least I hope so. I have a feeling we are going to need this kid to step up somewhere along the way.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

How Solid is Lee Hunter to the Tigers?

Per Hunter and other sources real solid but still will take visits to other schools.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, WVR said:

We real good here. CRG has this one. Sure uat is making a run but.......................... Also, mom is on our side.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, WVR said:

That was always going to happen. "Anywhere but Auburn" is very strong in his area. There will be a lot of in-fighting at the local level. Here's hoping he sticks with his decision to sign with AU.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:06 AM, Mikey said:

That was always going to happen. "Anywhere but Auburn" is very strong in his area. There will be a lot of in-fighting at the local level. Here's hoping he sticks with his decision to sign with AU.

It's not a "anywhere but Auburn" deal here. Could say a lot is "go to bama" but not "anywhere but auburn". Lot of AU friendly people on the high school and coaching levels here.

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's not a "anywhere but Auburn" deal here. Could say a lot is "go to bama" but not "anywhere but auburn". Lot of AU friendly people on the high school and coaching levels here.

And a lot of classmates, parents and parent's bosses on the "anywhere but Auburn" train in Mobile as well.  With this one individual, who knows but the bammer culture is stronger than normal down there.

• 2 weeks later...

what the ****

Greg Brown and now this

annoying day in recruiting 

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

what the ****

Greg Brown and now this

Nothing to get alarmed about. His recruitment has always been open as most commits are. That's what it means when commits take visits to other places which he was doing before the dead period.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nothing to get alarmed about. His recruitment has always been open as most commits are. That's what it means when commits take visits to other places which he was doing before the dead period.

As long as Steele is still here and Rotney. We are good here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

what the ****

Greg Brown and now this

It is a bit disturbing. Why bother to send out such a statement?