NFL Star Says Democrats should pay reparations

japantiger

I wonder why I can't find this clip of yesterday's Congressional testimony on CNN or NBC or any other mainstream outlets?  Oh, wait; we all know, don't we.  I've never understood why the Democrat party wasn't charged under the RICO statutes ... or minimally a class action suit on behalf of the descendants...

"Let's point to the party that was part of slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, that has killed over 40 percent of our black babies, 20 million of them," Owens said. "State of California: 75 percent of our black boys can't pass a standard reading and writing test. A Democratic state. So yes, let's pay restitution. How about a Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race and those—after we learn our history—who decide to stay there, they should pay also."

Owens continued, “And every white American, Republican or Democrat, who feels guilty because of the color of their skin, you can pony up also. Then we can get past reparations and recognize this country has given us greatness.”

did the racist dems not change parties after johnson passed the civil rights thing? i just wanted to be clear on that. repubs like to bring that up but it is just not true. there might have been a holdover or two but not many.. as for restitution i am a bleeding lib an i am against it. we have native americans that were done terribly as well as irish and some chineese as well. who deserves priority? how do we do it?  we could never pay every man woman and child. how could we even do this? this is a sticky subject because if you do not like it you come off as racist. to me a start would be coming down hard on racists.what about marin luther kings holiday?did some states such as alabama not take the holiday and call it robert e lee's holiday? i was told this years ago but never tried to confirm it. but to me if the lee thing is true honoring king on his day instead of lee like so many do would be a start. anyway someone jump in here as i would love to hear more peoples thoughts on it.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

did the racist dems not change parties after johnson passed the civil rights thing? i just wanted to be clear on that. repubs like to bring that up but it is just not true. there might have been a holdover or two but not many.. as for restitution i am a bleeding lib an i am against it. we have native americans that were done terribly as well as irish and some chineese as well. who deserves priority? how do we do it?  we could never pay every man woman and child. how could we even do this? this is a sticky subject because if you do not like it you come off as racist. to me a start would be coming down hard on racists.what about marin luther kings holiday?did some states such as alabama not take the holiday and call it robert e lee's holiday? i was told this years ago but never tried to confirm it. but to me if the lee thing is true honoring king on his day instead of lee like so many do would be a start. anyway someone jump in here as i would love to hear more peoples thoughts on it.

George Wallace says hi....

reparations are going to come and not as everyone wants and hopes. It will be in general terms, like set asides and affirmative action. 

How do you even determine the genealogies etc?

yes dkw that is why i said most but not all when talking about the racists mostly changing parties. i am trying to figure out what they would pay and how?

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

George Wallace says hi....

reparations are going to come and not as everyone wants and hopes. It will be in general terms, like set asides and affirmative action. 

How do you even determine the genealogies etc?

Yes, let's have unequal protection so we can have, er, uh, equal protection...liberalism is a mental disorder.

and by the way wallace dropped his racist crap after he got shot. he even publicly apologized best i remember. i talked to him at convention hall in gadsden and he was a broken man,  he was completely changed but the damage to him and others had already been done.

and his long time personal nurse basically said that was all for show and GCW was as he always was. 

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

and his long time personal nurse basically said that was all for show and GCW was as he always was. 

i never heard that but i do not doubt it. not much ever surprises me anymore.

And now...we need Gay reparations....

Elizabeth Warren offers reparations to gay couples with plan that would allow them to claim marriage status on taxes preceding Supreme Court decision and get refunds from IRS

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7175313/Elizabeth-Warren-offers-reparations-gay-couples-file-joint-tax-returns.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

On 6/23/2019 at 9:36 AM, aubiefifty said:

i never heard that but i do not doubt it. not much ever surprises me anymore.

https://books.google.com/books?id=_Yy7iACI_goC&pg=PT75&lpg=PT75&dq=Eddie+Holcey+Wallace+...&source=bl&ots=Jeeyjxe7r8&sig=ACfU3U1DDL5EufgyqHF4sFuKfkR7t7X8BA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiUld-03YTjAhVIiOAKHXA-AUE4ChDoATAEegQICBAB#v=onepage&q=Eddie Holcey Wallace ...&f=false

Holcey had a shortlived book out at one time that just made fun of Wallace. Dallas and Holcey "just rolled their eyes" when asked if Wallace hated anyone...

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

when i was in grade school i saw him give a speech at agricola shopping center during one of his campaigns.someone threw and hit him with a tomato. he picked it up and threw it back and cussed and threw some threats out there.. i was too small to see who threw it. an evil stepdad drug me and my mom to it.

Archived