2020 4* Star Ladarius Tennison Commits to AU!

ellitor

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just tweeted that he'll be announcing his commitment "soon". 

Gus has had himself a summer.

Let's keep it rolling into January

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gus has had himself a summer.

It ain't over yet. I got something whitty lined up for when this commitment run ends.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It ain't over yet. I got something whitty lined up for when this commitment run ends.

I think you''ll like it TigerPro.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think you''ll like it TigerPro.

But we don’t want the commitment run to end. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Is it earth shattering? 😂

• Haha 5

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* Nickel Ladarius Tennison

When is Tennison commiting? I'd like some more AU happiness before Friday's big day with Tank!

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I'd like some more AU happiness before Friday's big day with Tank!

Getting greedy aren't we.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Getting greedy aren't we.

E, you got that right! This is fun!

• Haha 1

@ellitor

Bryan Matthews said on this morning's The Rundown podcast, that Tennison was committing today. Have you heard this?

But, he also said BJ Ojulari was committing this Friday. Not sold on how solid his information is.

Edited by Auburn Kev

3 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

@ellitor

Bryan Matthews said on this morning's The Rundown podcast, that Tennison was committing today. Have you heard this?

Only from him. Keith hasn't made a peep yet. You'd think if he was committing today Keith would have done his "Rock On" thing.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Lamarcus Joyner or Bob Sanders? Tennison is special either way

By Steve Wiltfong

Ladarius Tennison’s coach at Southwest Brevard County (Fla.) Rockledge in Wayne Younger compares his senior to Lamarcus Joyner.

I say former NFL Defensive Player of the Year Bob Sanders.

Either way, you get the point. This is a very versatile, extremely hard-hitting player in the secondary, short on stature but high on range, instincts, acceleration and when meeting the ball-carrier, incredible impact.

“He’s pretty special,” Younger stated. Easy to agree.

The 5-foot-9, 193-pound Tennison is one of the best two-way prospects in the country. Tabbed by the Top247 Player Rankings as the No. 4 athlete in the country, Tennison racked up 124 tackles as a junior, many of them bone-jarring, with 38 stops for loss, 10 sacks, four forced fumbles and 18 quarterback hurries. On offense he used his laser-timed 4.54 speed in the 40-yard dash from a past The Opening Regional to churn out 1,055 yards and 12 touchdowns with another five receiving scores.

Auburn is trending on the 247Sports Crystal Ball with Miami and North Carolina among the other top contenders. Florida is trying to make a push as well with an announcement coming on Sept. 14. Tennison’s junior film is among the most fun to watch of any 2020 prospect.

“Everyone sees the film and sees the big hits,” Younger stated. “His mentality allows him to do that. He has that old-school mentality and practices the same way he plays and it translates every Friday.”

Tennison arrived at Rockledge the spring of his freshman season and landed his first three offers, all coming at the running back position. But as he continued to evolve, the upside was seen more chasing down ball-carriers and keeping points off the board than toting it and carrying the load.

The four-star Tennison is a tone-setter, but that goes beyond the way the pads pop when he tackles. Younger has to remind his blue-chipper “every day” in practice to try and slow it down some when lining up across his teammates who need to be healthy for the upcoming game.

“You need guys that practice like that and he elevates our practices and pushes everyone to the same level,” Younger said. “How he goes about it, the intensity that he brings and how violent he is on both sides of the football. He’s just a really good athlete and does things the right way on and off the field.”

The 5-foot-8, 185-pound Joyner was a second round pick out of Florida State where he was an All-American and National Champion. He’s now a key figure in the Oakland Raiders secondary. Meanwhile Sanders was a 5-foot-8, 206-pound enforcer that was also a second round pick out of Iowa. He went on to be a Super Bowl Champion and NFL Defensive Player of the Year with the Indianapolis Colts. That’s the upside for Tennison who appears to have all the intangibles as well.

“It means a lot to him,” Younger stated. “I think it always has since he played little league football. He’s extremely passionate and wants to be the best.

“I think his leadership has grown quite a bit. He cares about his teammates and makes sure he pushes the young guys. He’s humble and extremely motivated to be the best player he can be. He wants to win a championship his senior year. That mentality and that whole aspect of being a national recruit he doesn’t get caught up in a lot of that stuff. He knows what he wants and that shows a lot about his maturity level at his age.”

If we get him we will have turned a weak DB year into a great DB year for Auburn with the other who have announced that plan to sign with us.  Then we need need to finish out the D-Line and TE and I don't care where we end up in the Top 10 this will be  great class.

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* Nickel Ladarius Tennison (Commit Watch: 9/14)

I was in attendance at his game vs. Ware County GA.  FYI Ware is a young and smallish team with better than average speed that prides itself in smash mouth defensive football.  Ware has a new coach this year and a highly sought after soph ath/dt qb.  They have not as of yet gelled offensively.  Ware had an opening scrimmage vs AAAAAAA power on the 16th and for 3 quarters they held Camden to 3 offensive points but scored no points of their own.  Fourth quarter was for second teams.  Friday night Tennison took the opening kick off out of the hands of a team mate and took it back 95 yards running by Wares speed.  He played almost every down for his team.  Rockledge came to town with a team of less than 50 players.  I only saw that he was off the field during kickoffs and some offensive plays.  He is a difference maker he had an INT and dropped another that would possibly been a pick six.  He played safety  and middle LB on defense and RB on offense.  I spoke to a Ware fan that is a Dawg fan and said they had heard he may go to Georgia as he had just visited there and had a good trip.

• Like 1