Null

Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

2020 4* Star Ladarius Tennison Commits to AU!

On 6/21/2019 at 3:19 PM, ellitor said:

24 offers including AU, Miami, UNC, Clemson, Gators, FSU, UGA, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn St., aTm, & WVU
AU believed to be a major contender & in top 3 with Miami & Gators
Former Miami commit

They move this kid all over the field. What stuck out to me was his straight line speed and his ability to run through his pads. His hits are absolutely violent despite his shorter frame *like a Worm on the defensive side*. He looks like he's trying to murder someone. He finds holes in the OL really well when he's running the ball and when he's blitzing. Solid punt returner as well. Good hands make him an interception magnet and he reminds me of a Honey Badger type. Have him roam the field in various spots.

If used correctly he could be a terror that has to always be accounted for.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

They move this kid all over the field. What stuck out to me was his straight line speed and his ability to run through his pads. His hits are absolutely violent despite his shorter frame *like a Worm on the defensive side*. He looks like he's trying to murder someone. He finds holes in the OL really well when he's running the ball and when he's blitzing. Solid punt returner as well. Good hands make him an interception magnet and he reminds me of a Honey Badger type. Have him roam the field in various spots.

If used correctly he could be a terror that has to always be accounted for.

He has the potential to be like one of LSU's usually dominant safeties IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He has the potential to be like one of LSU's usually dominant safeties IMO.

Reminds me of smoke with a little more “umph” behind his hits. 

Edited by Zeek

On 10/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, Zeek said:

Reminds me of smoke with a little more “umph” behind his hits. 

Smoke hits hard tho

18 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Smoke hits hard tho

I love Smoke but sometimes he is to intent on the hard hit as opposed to making a clean tackle.  It is a fine line. you want a safety to be physical but a safety has to be a sure tackler as they are the last line of defense. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I love Smoke but sometimes he is to intent on the hard hit as opposed to making a clean tackle.  It is a fine line. you want a safety to be physical but a safety has to be a sure tackler as they are the last line of defense. 

See Carolina Panthers’ Eric Reid

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I just wish we could have another all-american safety sometime. It's been 25 years since Brian Robinson.

Junior Rosegreen?

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Junior Rosegreen?

Don't know why I forgot about him. Still though, that was 15 years ago.

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Don't know why I forgot about him. Still though, that was 15 years ago.

I really thought Smoke was going to be that guy who could be an All-American. So far he has shown potential but that's about it. How do you see his career going forward?

6 minutes ago, CR said:

I really thought Smoke was going to be that guy who could be an All-American. So far he has shown potential but that's about it. How do you see his career going forward?

I would've started him as a tFR next to Dinson.  He and Sherwood both have the tools but just need the opportunity/reps to shine. It's hard to get In a rhythm at safety when you're in and out of games so much.  I think next year we will see an overall upgrade at safety when Smoke and Sherwood take over. That said, don't sleep on Zion either. He will be a good one.

The scheme Steele uses doesn't lend itself to anyone in the secondary to really have stand out, gaudy stats. They may be great, but won't get the awards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1