Steven Leath Out As AU President.

jared52

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weathergeakal said:

ofc. But that was the tipping point no?

Lots of things but he is a liar and he orchestrated a cover up that may or may not be brought up.  He is a crook always looking to line his own pockets.

2 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

I don't think so. I don't think Leath was in any position to help Gus since he was struggling to survive himself.

I think we will have a decent season in 2019, assuming the quarterbacks stay healthy and perform, but the wheels come off in 2020, and that is when the pressure really mounts.

I think it is all about the contract and the buy out associated with terminating it early. The contract is why Gus is still our coach, and the contract is almost certainly one of the reasons Leath is gone.

Time will tell but i don't think a "decent" season will get it done for Gus. Especially if we get our butts kicked again by UGA and Bama. You're probably right in that Leath alone may not save Gus but at least he would've had someone in power to support him if we have an 7 or 8 win season. I understand that athletics alone is not the reason for his departure though. As many have already stated...just didn't seem like a good fit. The BOT should be feeling some heat as well. 

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You would be incorrect. Leath Got it from all sides. The Academic arm of AU couldn't stand him. Athletics also played a factor as well, particularly that insanely stupid $49 mil contract with a $32 mil buyout he negotiated without AU having an AD. And more so for some Leath being inches away from firing Bruce shortly after the Person scandal went public pissed many people off. AD Greene had to practically beg Leath not to fire Bruce. There are a good number of people that will never forget him trying to give Bruce the shaft & always hold it against him.

THIS! Man oh man..this. 

I thought you were supposed to release bad news on a Friday night?

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You would be incorrect. Leath Got it from all sides. The Academic arm of AU couldn't stand him. Athletics also played a factor as well, particularly that insanely stupid $49 mil contract with a $32 mil buyout he negotiated without AU having an AD. And more so for some Leath being inches away from firing Bruce shortly after the Person scandal went public pissed many people off. AD Greene had to practically beg Leath not to fire Bruce. There are a good number of people that will never forget him trying to give Bruce the shaft & always hold it against him.

I stand corrected then.  💯🤜🤛😲

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

I stand corrected then.  💯🤜🤛😲

I don't speak emoji well so I'm going to assume no sarcasm?...

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I don't speak emoji well so I'm going to assume no sarcasm?...

Definately no sarcasm.  100% agree. Thanks for the info. I was wrong.

I nominate Jordan Peele to be New President! He really knows how to work a room. lol

ef.gif

Steven Leath enters the Transfer Portal. 

7 hours ago, jared52 said:

Figured this goes here since he’s tied at the hip to Gus’s contract. 

https://www.wsfa.com/2019/06/22/steven-leath-auburn-university-part-ways/

Damn!!!!!! This is almost as great as waking up finding out Okoro committed during my zzzzzzz.

8 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

BOOM!

source.gif

Nice symbolism. The one dot disappears as it's falling leaving an empty space. Kudos for this one. 

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Lots of things but he is a liar and he orchestrated a cover up that may or may not be brought up.  He is a crook always looking to line his own pockets.

Curiosity...what was the cover up?

19 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Curiosity...what was the cover up?

I could have phrased this better, there are always cover ups but how some are handled do not sit well with some.  If they choose to speak, they will.  Leath shook more hands than chargers and suits acquired by the bama football team.  His remodeling of the Presidents mansion was straight up theft.  

I hope the board tries to hire the best person with the best vision for the job this time, making a political hire was an epic fail.

AU cuts their losses on a horrible decision. Hope Bruce sits in a lawn chair at Presidents house and waves at Leath on his way out the door.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup! He just lost his life jacket for next season should he not meet expectations.

Harbert is Gus’s life jacket. As long as he remains in Gus’s corner he is good to go. Now that being said Leath was Harbert’s guy also

Archived