Harper and Brown sign FA deals

gravejd

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just popped in to post this.  This is huge for both Jared and BRUCE.  Putting 2 guys in the league (even if it's just the G-League to start) and with Bryce still having a shot should be great on the 'crootin trail.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Explain a two-way contract for my friend who doesn’t know. 

When he plays in G-League games he'll make G-League salary.  If he gets called up he'll make NBA pay.

BTW, I'm a huge phan as well.

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Explain a two-way contract for my friend who doesn’t know. 

These contracts are not offered to every aspiring NBA player, but only to undrafted players whom a team would like to keep "on retainer" without having to sign to a full-time contract. Each NBA team can have up to two two-way contract players per season, and are typically considered to be "16th and 17th men" on a roster.[Excluding time spent before and after the G League's season begins and ends, players on two-way contracts can spend up to 45 days in the NBA while spending the rest of the season in the G League.[6][7] As of the 2017–18 season, players earn $75,000 while they are in the G League and roughly $204,000 if they spend the maximum 45 days on an NBA roster. The two-way contract system benefits young undrafted players who do not want to play professional basketball overseas, as well as those who believe an organizational investment in them is beneficial to their development. Some player agents are concerned about this system, because in exchange for guaranteed employment at a higher salary than a typical G League player, two-way players give up the freedom to be called up from the G League by any NBA team, possibly one with intent to sign the player to a 10-day contract, which could eventually lead to a full-time NBA roster spot sooner than with a two-way contract......................... Hope your "friend" (lol) is now well versed in the ways of the 2 way contract now!

Well i don't really know if it is a good idea to sign the 2-way contract versus trying to get on with another team....but i do know this is one step closer to him actually making it to the NBA and that is a good thing. 

Congrats Jared!!!

10 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

When he plays in G-League games he'll make G-League salary.  If he gets called up he'll make NBA pay.

BTW, I'm a huge phan as well.

Alpine Valley Night 3 wooooooo boy that was a fun one. Never thought I’d ever see Olivia’s Pool, Spock’s Brain, and the Landlady live in one night, let alone the same set. Also got my namesake in the first set as well. Ruby Waves was also quite choice 👌

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Well i don't really know if it is a good idea to sign the 2-way contract versus trying to get on with another team....but i do know this is one step closer to him actually making it to the NBA and that is a good thing. 

Congrats Jared!!!

I think it's probably the best option for him.  The team who's summer league squad he was on and paid the closest attention to him thinks he's good enough to lock up for 2 years.  I don't see how jumping back into the market would be better.  Not to mention, I'm sure his agent has his pulse on what other teams are interested in as well.  If there was a team out there who saw him and wanted to sign him to a full deal, he could have turned this down.

Also, the deal has the potential to make him almost $400,000 per year max.  So it's a pretty good gig.

Another explanation for people about the “2 way contracts”. Basically the same as others have listed, but I wanted to post it anyway just in case Lol

Some super nice and kind words from South Alabama Head Coach Richie Riley about our guy.

Be a facilitator, show he can really get at it on the defensive end.....actually just show he can disrupt a team's pace and he'll be in

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'm fully prepared for the backlash I'm probably gonna get for this.  Just realize that I love Jared Harper and hope the best for him.  And I respect any opposing opinions.

He's signing a "two-way" contract with Phoenix.  Translation: he's on the fast track to China.

He should have stayed at AU for his senior season.  But a few bucks awaits him in China.  And then a coaching stint somewhere to help him make payments on that Ferrari he's probably gonna buy.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of him someday being hired as a coach at AU.  And he's gonna eventually have to trade in that Ferrari.

His value was not going to increase. I would have loved for him to stay, but would have advised him to leave.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Excellent find and thanks for sharing. Hope he is able to make his way to the big leagues. He'll have a harder time then Harper ini my opinion but being able to shoot like he can gives him a punchers chance!

• 2 weeks later...

I always salute guys going overseas and getting their legs under them versus some level of professionals. If you think you got it, then exhaust every option. I feel like if he continues to improve his handle, he can become a NBA level 2 guard 

Archived