Baseball roster changes

On 7/10/2019 at 9:37 AM, AlaskanFAN said:

Well that did not last long, Julien signed with the Twins for $493,000 a high 4th round signing price. 

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-tigers-baseball-edouard-julien-2020-outlook-preview-infield

I don't blame him and I wish him much success......but DANG IT!   I wanted him back for one more year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't blame him and I wish him much success......but DANG IT!   I wanted him back for one more year.

Agree. Would’ve been nice to have him for one more year. But that’s a lot of money.  Hope we see him in the Bigs one day. 

43 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree. Would’ve been nice to have him for one more year. But that’s a lot of money.  Hope we see him in the Bigs one day. 

That would be nice.....but MLB is more than hitting......think the big job is to find his position in the field.   Where do you see him playing?  

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That would be nice.....but MLB is more than hitting......think the big job is to find his position in the field.   Where do you see him playing?  

Not unless he's traded to a NL club. If he hits great he can be a DH if nothing else.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That’s a great question. I know he’s officially a second baseman but he looks way to stiff to do that in the MLB. 

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

He’s on the Elizabethton Twins roster as a 2B. That’s what he played in HS and his first year at Auburn and in the Cape Cod League last year. It’s probably his most natural position. 

On 7/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, boomstick said:

He’s on the Elizabethton Twins roster as a 2B. That’s what he played in HS and his first year at Auburn and in the Cape Cod League last year. It’s probably his most natural position. 

I agree with you.

• 5 months later...

Ole Miss outfielder. Was a freshman last year, and got some good playing time on a good Rebel squad. Speedy kid with a nice glove. Could fill in nicely at center. Got a pretty good bat as well. 

On 12/17/2019 at 10:14 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

Ole Miss outfielder. Was a freshman last year, and got some good playing time on a good Rebel squad. Speedy kid with a nice glove. Could fill in nicely at center. Got a pretty good bat as well. 

Very interesting move...

play immediately?

On 12/17/2019 at 9:14 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

This is an unusual move. Won't he have to sit out a transfer year per SEC rules?

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

Very interesting move...

play immediately?

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is an unusual move. Won't he have to sit out a transfer year per SEC rules?

I would think he’d have to sit out a year, but I’m not completely sure. I think he’s from Alabama, so maybe he needed to be closer to home. 

On 12/17/2019 at 10:14 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

If memory serves me right, he is the guy who set a national stolen base record while in high school in Alabama. Incredibly quick. Great pickup for us for sure. 

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

If memory serves me right, he is the guy who set a national stolen base record while in high school in Alabama. Incredibly quick. Great pickup for us for sure. 

Played at Homewood for his dad Lee Hall....outstanding family (brother Carson headed for South Alabama).

This is nothing more than an indication of the load of talent Bianco has on the roster at Ole Miss (and the #2 class coming in).  Lost five starters and still has the NFHS all time stolen base leader transferring out.  

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, auburnfan247 said:

The NCAA just gave eligibility to all the seniors of spring sports.

Did they address how scholarships will work with new freshmen coming next season?????? Ex baseball

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Did they address how scholarships will work with new freshmen coming next season?????? Ex baseball

Not yet but they are expected to wave the max 27 on scholly cap roster rule & every player must get at least 25% scholly rule.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not yet but they are expected to wave the max 27 cap roster rule & every player must get at least 25% scholly rule.

thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drew Baker has transferred back to Chipola. https://twitter.com/dfb3_/status/1252741041893134344)

Another interesting tidbit I read and thought to mention: Ryan Hoerter apparently had interest from Arizona State and San Diego when he was transferring from Auburn, but wanted to be closer to home(http://baseballprospectjournal.com/ryan-hoerter-transferring-to-milwaukee/)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any insight into how MLB modifying their draft (cutting from 40 rounds to 5, max $20k signing bonus for undrafted players) might impact our roster?

Great question. Not sure how many bubble players we had but we could get lucky out of this. 

Archived