AU Sports Having To Cut Budgets 10%

Auburn Kev

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that too. Are we in some kind of financial trouble that nobody knows about or is this more of Leath's doing? Allen Greene was brought in partly because of his fundraising prowess so I can't imagine it's coming from him. 

Real world: budget cuts 

Aufantasyland: buy out 33 million dollar Gus, hire Stoops, renovations across the board, lifetime contract for Bruce, less seats, beer at games, FOF on fleek, and annual championships 

JABA.  we have one baffling university. I’m sure there’s some fat to be trimmed but this seems rather extreme unless something unknown is going on right now.

We don’t even have a President right now so whose call is this? I doubt it would be Greene’s.

I thought the state did not allocate as much money in next years budget or the state did not give us as much in increased budget as we hoped. Something like that. 

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Just another reason to drop football and concentrate on basketball.

I thought that was hilarious fwiw 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Aufantasyland: buy out 33 million dollar Gus, hire Stoops, renovations across the board, lifetime contract for Bruce, less seats, beer at games, FOF on fleek, and annual championships 

I was about to say, can we afford Bob Stoops? J/K,J/K,J/K

27 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

When, and if, reliable sources report this, I will believe it.  Until then I will consider this to be numnuts reporting. 

Okay, I am going to get blasted about this, so here it goes (mind you, I am not saying you said this):

But when a random journalist tweeted out about Bob Stoops and Rouge boosters, it was a huge split, and one side took it as the gospel, the other side not so much. I explicitly remembered getting called out for questioning the source. What side were you on Mike, HUH, HUH,HUH?!

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I was about to say, can we afford Bob Stoops? J/K,J/K,J/K

The money is there and not an issue at all. 

lol

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay, I am going to get blasted about this, so here it goes (mind you, I am not saying you said this):

But when a random journalist tweeted out about Bob Stoops and Rouge boosters, it was a huge split, and one side took it as the gospel, the other side not so much. I explicitly remembered getting called out for questioning the source. What side were you on Mike, HUH, HUH,HUH?!

That whole month was a blur. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I was on the Missouri side. 

• WarTiger changed the title to AU Sports Having To Cut Budgets 10%
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

JABA.  we have one baffling university. I’m sure there’s some fat to be trimmed but this seems rather extreme unless something unknown is going on right now.

We don’t even have a President right now so whose call is this? I doubt it would be Greene’s.

Why would it not be Greene? .   For years people have been complaining about JJ's bloated budget.....maybe AG finally got around to doing something about it.

But 10% across the board is tough....get the innocent with the guilty and IMO is really a poor approach to reining in costs. 

Otherwise the money is always "there"  except when it comes to actually writing the checks.  

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Why would it not be Greene? .   For years people have been complaining about JJ's bloated budget.....maybe AG finally got around to doing something about it.

But 10% across the board is tough....get the innocent with the guilty and IMO is really a poor approach to reining in costs. 

Otherwise the money is always "there"  except when it comes to actually writing the checks.  

Could be the case as well as any other speculation at this point. It does seem drastic to be across the board like you said though. If it was unnecessary spending by any sport you would think that the individual sport would be dealt with. Bloated budget or financial trouble? It is curious being the timing of this. Facility talk, President resigns, now this. If we aren't getting any press then by gosh we'll make our own. 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It is curious being the timing of this. Facility talk, President resigns, now this. If we aren't getting any press then by gosh we'll make our own. 

JABA.

Almost like the BWW commercials....Instead of “don’t want the game to end?”...its “want an eventful offseason?”

14 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I saw that too. Are we in some kind of financial trouble that nobody knows about or is this more of Leath's doing? Allen Greene was brought in partly because of his fundraising prowess so I can't imagine it's coming from him. 

No. Money isnt an issue. Since the day the SEC Network was set up, money stopped being an issue for everyone in the conference.

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Explain this one. This has nothing to do with facilities, coaching contracts, ect. Most of the money, 65 to 75%, has been pledged to the new football complex.  This is the yearly operating cost for each sport. Was time to get a grip on the expenses going on within the AD. Don't get me wrong because this is troubling. But the problem has been going on far to long.

13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The money is there and not an issue at all. 

lol

Gus goes out and his team looks like it did last year, three people will write that check to buy him out. One won't like but he made the deal. The others wanted Gus gone last year. Money for FB coaches will not be a problem at AU.

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

BRB going to go grab AuFantasyLand handle for the website...

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

I just assumed if it were Greene we would hear from him on it. If it’s the PTB then there wouldn’t be any type of comments along with the decision (if that makes sense).

Agreed, most Department’s are bloated.

Archived