Sign in to follow this  
Auburn Kev

AU Sports Having To Cut Budgets 10%

Recommended Posts





I saw that too. Are we in some kind of financial trouble that nobody knows about or is this more of Leath's doing? Allen Greene was brought in partly because of his fundraising prowess so I can't imagine it's coming from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real world: budget cuts 

Aufantasyland: buy out 33 million dollar Gus, hire Stoops, renovations across the board, lifetime contract for Bruce, less seats, beer at games, FOF on fleek, and annual championships 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JABA.  we have one baffling university. I’m sure there’s some fat to be trimmed but this seems rather extreme unless something unknown is going on right now.

We don’t even have a President right now so whose call is this? I doubt it would be Greene’s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the state did not allocate as much money in next years budget or the state did not give us as much in increased budget as we hoped. Something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Just another reason to drop football and concentrate on basketball.

I thought that was hilarious fwiw 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When, and if, reliable sources report this, I will believe it.  Until then I will consider this to be numnuts reporting. 

Edited by Mike4AU
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Real world: budget cuts 

Aufantasyland: buy out 33 million dollar Gus, hire Stoops, renovations across the board, lifetime contract for Bruce, less seats, beer at games, FOF on fleek, and annual championships 

 

 

I was about to say, can we afford Bob Stoops? J/K,J/K,J/K

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

When, and if, reliable sources report this, I will believe it.  Until then I will consider this to be numnuts reporting. 

Okay, I am going to get blasted about this, so here it goes (mind you, I am not saying you said this):

But when a random journalist tweeted out about Bob Stoops and Rouge boosters, it was a huge split, and one side took it as the gospel, the other side not so much. I explicitly remembered getting called out for questioning the source. What side were you on Mike, HUH, HUH,HUH?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I was about to say, can we afford Bob Stoops? J/K,J/K,J/K

The money is there and not an issue at all. 

 

lol

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay, I am going to get blasted about this, so here it goes (mind you, I am not saying you said this):

But when a random journalist tweeted out about Bob Stoops and Rouge boosters, it was a huge split, and one side took it as the gospel, the other side not so much. I explicitly remembered getting called out for questioning the source. What side were you on Mike, HUH, HUH,HUH?!

That whole month was a blur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay, I am going to get blasted about this, so here it goes (mind you, I am not saying you said this):

But when a random journalist tweeted out about Bob Stoops and Rouge boosters, it was a huge split, and one side took it as the gospel, the other side not so much. I explicitly remembered getting called out for questioning the source. What side were you on Mike, HUH, HUH,HUH?!

I was on the Missouri side. 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

JABA.  we have one baffling university. I’m sure there’s some fat to be trimmed but this seems rather extreme unless something unknown is going on right now.

We don’t even have a President right now so whose call is this? I doubt it would be Greene’s.

Why would it not be Greene? .   For years people have been complaining about JJ's bloated budget.....maybe AG finally got around to doing something about it.

But 10% across the board is tough....get the innocent with the guilty and IMO is really a poor approach to reining in costs. 

Otherwise the money is always "there"  except when it comes to actually writing the checks.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Why would it not be Greene? .   For years people have been complaining about JJ's bloated budget.....maybe AG finally got around to doing something about it.

But 10% across the board is tough....get the innocent with the guilty and IMO is really a poor approach to reining in costs. 

Otherwise the money is always "there"  except when it comes to actually writing the checks.  

Could be the case as well as any other speculation at this point. It does seem drastic to be across the board like you said though. If it was unnecessary spending by any sport you would think that the individual sport would be dealt with. Bloated budget or financial trouble? It is curious being the timing of this. Facility talk, President resigns, now this. If we aren't getting any press then by gosh we'll make our own. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It is curious being the timing of this. Facility talk, President resigns, now this. If we aren't getting any press then by gosh we'll make our own. 

JABA.

Almost like the BWW commercials....Instead of “don’t want the game to end?”...its “want an eventful offseason?”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I saw that too. Are we in some kind of financial trouble that nobody knows about or is this more of Leath's doing? Allen Greene was brought in partly because of his fundraising prowess so I can't imagine it's coming from him. 

No. Money isnt an issue. Since the day the SEC Network was set up, money stopped being an issue for everyone in the conference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Why would it not be Greene? .   For years people have been complaining about JJ's bloated budget.....maybe AG finally got around to doing something about it.

But 10% across the board is tough....get the innocent with the guilty and IMO is really a poor approach to reining in costs. 

Otherwise the money is always "there"  except when it comes to actually writing the checks.  

Explain this one. This has nothing to do with facilities, coaching contracts, ect. Most of the money, 65 to 75%, has been pledged to the new football complex.  This is the yearly operating cost for each sport. Was time to get a grip on the expenses going on within the AD. Don't get me wrong because this is troubling. But the problem has been going on far to long.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The money is there and not an issue at all. 

 

lol

Gus goes out and his team looks like it did last year, three people will write that check to buy him out. One won't like but he made the deal. The others wanted Gus gone last year. Money for FB coaches will not be a problem at AU.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a idea about this, maybe Greene with the green light from the BOT decided to take control of his athletic department. And this is the first step to doing this? Maybe?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Real world: budget cuts 

Aufantasyland: buy out 33 million dollar Gus, hire Stoops, renovations across the board, lifetime contract for Bruce, less seats, beer at games, FOF on fleek, and annual championships 

 

 

BRB going to go grab AuFantasyLand handle for the website...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Why would it not be Greene? .   For years people have been complaining about JJ's bloated budget.....maybe AG finally got around to doing something about it.

But 10% across the board is tough....get the innocent with the guilty and IMO is really a poor approach to reining in costs. 

Otherwise the money is always "there"  except when it comes to actually writing the checks.  

I just assumed if it were Greene we would hear from him on it. If it’s the PTB then there wouldn’t be any type of comments along with the decision (if that makes sense).

Agreed, most Department’s are bloated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this