Bruce Pearl reaches out to fan

abw0004

Found this on Facebook today:

Something truly amazing happened today! I wanted to do something really special for Alan. With his cancer being so progressed and hospice called in, I took a shot in the dark and sent an email to Chad Prewett, Auburn Tigers right hand guy to Bruce Pearl. Alan and I are HUGE Bruce Pearl/Auburn basketball fans!! Here is the email I sent. Well, I received a message back and then today Alan got a phone call from Bruce Pearl himself! They talked about faith, God and basketball. Bruce invited my family down to an Auburn football game and told us the guys will have a toast to Alan! Alan was so happy..he was moved to tears. My nephew got the last part of the phone call on video and I'm so happy he did! What an amazing memory! Bruce Pearl is a class act..and he made my Alan smile...for that, I am forever grateful! 2764.png

email:
Good morning and War Eagle. My name is Jill and I am emailing you in the hope that you may be able to help me. I have never reached out to a high profile person in my life so I hope I am taking the right avenues to try to reach Bruce Pearl. Six weeks ago, my life was normal and maybe a little mundane. My sweetheart, Alan, was having trouble swallowing so we went to the emergency room. We found out two days later, that he has esophageal cancer. He's never smoked or drank and never drugs of any kind so this diagnosis was so shocking. He's 54 years young. That was six weeks ago. In that time, he lost the ability to eat and take drink in so he had to have a feeding tube surgery to give him life sustaining formula and hydration. Since, hes endured 4 surgeries to fix his feeding tube as complications hit us hard. It seemed like everything that could go wrong did. We had our oncologist appointment on Thursday and we found out through scans that his cancer spread to his bones, spine, liver, lungs and we are being put on hospice. There are no treatments available to us. We are absolutely heartbroken. 
Auburn sports have always been so important to our family. Alan lives, breathes, and loves Auburn. He was born and raised in Guntersville, Alabama and his brother is an Auburn graduate. Their family is so dedicated to Auburn and even though Alan and I live in Pennsylvania, we always have the SEC channel on. We fly proudly the Auburn flag in our front yard..ALL YEAR ROUND! Our date nights consist of gathering around the television and cheering on Bruce Pearl and the guys! 
The point of this email is, I am praying for a miracle that Bruce Pearl sees this...I'm praying that he would maybe send a small video clip wishing Alan well or maybe a 2 minute video or phone call? I have nothing to give in return and I'm sorry and embarrassed by that but times are hard. When we see Bruce on television, he seems to share the same belief system that we do...God, family, self respect, dignity. My Alan respects and admires the man Bruce Pearl is and it would mean the world to him (and me) if I could surprise him with this. 
If you see Bruce, please show him this email...I am sure you are bombarded with requests like this but time isn't on my side here. I was praying we would have a chance to fight this nasty cancer but God has other plans for the love of my life. My life will be very empty without him.
If you can't make this happen, please know that I will be praying and rooting for Bruce and Auburn. Alan would want me to do that.
Bless you all and War Eagle!
Sincerely,
Jill Rupp (and Alan Galloway)

I also sent this to Steven Pearl
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

May God Bless All  

That brings tears to my eyes. My prayers are with the family and I am so proud that Coach Pearl did this. To me doing this is even better than going to the final 4.

This hits home really hard for me and brought me to tears. My father passed away in late 2010 at the age of 40 due to esophageal cancer and was also a LONG time Auburn fan who would watch every game and he passed away RIGHT before we won the National Championship. Just knowing that Bruce Pearl would take the time to reach out to this individual warms my heart. I've said it before but I am so damn proud to have Pearl as the coach of our Auburn Tigers. Not just because he's an amazing coach but because he's a true Auburn man. 

Tragic situation. 
Bruce is truly a good guy, I'll never understand why so many people try so hard to find reason to dislike him. 

Archived