John Franklin racing for $

alexava

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So funny how we just couldn't manage this guy's talent lol

His career at Auburn is somewhat of a mystery. Did the coaches want to keep him at QB, or was JF3 resistant to moving positions or maybe both? We as posters could clearly see QB was not the answer.  He and Trovon Reed are the most frustrating players for me missing out on their potential. 

49 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

His career at Auburn is somewhat of a mystery. Did the coaches want to keep him at QB, or was JF3 resistant to moving positions or maybe both? We as posters could clearly see QB was not the answer.  He and Trovon Reed are the most frustrating players for me missing out on their potential. 

To me we weren't good either way and even with our other QB we couldn't win unless the run game was going so just put him in at QB and run a bunch of option stuff. We couldn't ever get a first that was longer than 3rd and 5 anyway....spread out attempts between him Johnson and petway....did we have tuitt then as well? We should've almost look like g tech, but I'm talking something like west Virginia when they had Slayton and Pat white, or like Navy did a couple of years

Hell swapping QB's to pass....we pretty much give our plays away player substitutions anyway

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

JFIII was deadset on being QB.  Nothing our coaches could have done.  When he did switch, he bolted for Kiffen who originally promised him a QB try.  After Kiffen said to switch to WR, he listened.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

JFIII was deadset on being QB.  Nothing our coaches could have done.  When he did switch, he bolted for Kiffen who originally promised him a QB try.  After Kiffen said to switch to WR, he listened.

I thought as much.  Heck now he is playing corner in the league.  He is lucky he has speed or I doubt he is in the league today. 

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

To me we weren't good either way and even with our other QB we couldn't win unless the run game was going so just put him in at QB and run a bunch of option stuff. We couldn't ever get a first that was longer than 3rd and 5 anyway....spread out attempts between him Johnson and petway....did we have tuitt then as well? We should've almost look like g tech, but I'm talking something like west Virginia when they had Slayton and Pat white, or like Navy did a couple of years

Hell swapping QB's to pass....we pretty much give our plays away player substitutions anyway

I think that has been the most frustrating in general about using talent.  We had the personnel for a fast offense if we just identified it and ran it.  The WV Rich Rod days is a good call.  Of course Pat could throw the darn ball as well. Beating WV that year was one of the more memorable victories in the past decade for me.  They were good. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I thought as much.  Heck now he is playing corner in the league.  He is lucky he has speed or I doubt he is in the league today. 

That is about all he has I believe.  He has been bouncing around teams and this is his third position.  Never played an actual NFL game yet.  His speed is why I personally think teams keep giving him chances.  

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

That drove me insane

15 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

That drove me insane

Past tense or do you just mean until we do it again this year?

Dude is the only player I recall to ever play all 4 years of eligibility at 4 different schools. I don’t think we mismanaged him at all. He is a burner without a position. 

Archived