a Positive outlook at JABA

Tigerpro2a

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

That's what I'm saying, beating a #1 when you're #5 isn't a big deal and shouldn't warrant a field storming unless it's something insane like a Kick 6

I would disagree due to the fact that we would have won that game in overtime.  We had the momentum to win that game.  We had them down in that game.  Was the mis-kick dramatic?  Yes but I don't believe storming the field dramatic but maybe that is just me.  I expected to win that game and believed we would win even at that moment before the kick.

I would have loved to storm the field for the Kick Six, but our seats were in the upper deck. It was an amazing and awesome thing to watch from up there, though. :yay: I personally don't like to see it overdone, just because it can be dangerous to the fans, but definitely on a last second, amazing play against our hated rivals, most definitely!

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The embracing the underdog mentality and yearning to be a underdog and relishing in it is exactly the kind of mindset that holds us back as a program. I have no clue why so many of our fans are obsessed with being the underdog. That is not how a big time program LIKE WE ARE should think and have the mindset of. A lot of our fans act like we are South Carolina or something. We are not. We are a top 12 program all time and one of the best college football brands out there.

And so many of them are the same ones that whine about disrespect from outside the fanbase. 

On 7/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, doc4aday said:

I am too old and decrepit to storm anything except the bathroom after eating something resulting a bout of diarrhea that would make any turd fan in red and white smile with pride!

Nah, I would not storm the field even if I was a young 20 something fan.  The last Auburn game I went to was against Arkansas where we won but almost gave it away back during Tubs era. The 65  inch TV provides me the best seat in the house on any given Auburn game on Saturdays in the fall. We are starting to get close to football season and I am excited to see what we put on the field. 

You know, the last football season that remember where we played the hardest schedule was back in 1983. We were robbed on the NC that year and no team should ever jump from 5th place to NC. I actually got sick and threw up when I found out the next day we did not do anything but remain in 3rd place. I compare 1983 to 2019 in the toughness category.  I hope we have close to the same results and maybe better.

Doc, I agree,  if we have near the same results in number of wins, this year would have to have been better just because of the low expectations.

Archived