Wolfpack Thread

ellitor

10 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I’m digging it too,  if that is a good thing. 

Diggin it was a good thing in the 70’s, but you never know what things mean today! 😂 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are two others that are similar though...

Right, Golf?

Yep afraid so...................................just pray it does not get bigger

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep afraid so...................................just pray it does not get bigger

That's not what she said. 

Image result for bad joke gif

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's not what she said. 

Image result for bad joke gif

Dude my youngest son walked in my man cave and asked if I would take him to the store.......I was watching The Office..........2 years later still trying to break "Thats what she said"😂🤣😢😢😢😢........He doesnt even know what it means😂

I got mine saying it years ago then it became a little awkward as they got old enough to actually say it at the right time but still not really understand.  Now they are all 17 & up so it is just like hanging out with any other guys....  My poor wife still is not happy I got them on that.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It still should be a lot more when it comes to 42. I think that is Wilson. That dude is talented! I enjoy watching him play! He reminds me of Gabe McKenzie. Another guy who was not used as much as his talent and athleticism dictated.

Do you take the catches away from Schwartz or Seth Williams? Maybe Stove shouldn't ever have a pass thrown to him? There's only one ball.

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Do you take the catches away from Schwartz or Seth Williams? Maybe Stove shouldn't ever have a pass thrown to him? There's only one ball.

We dont throw the ball enough. Our talent this season is in our pass catchers. The other problem is we don't throw the ball nearly enough in the middle of the field where a guy like Wilson mismatch can be exploited the most. Our OL this season is not capable of us being so run heavy. Got to lean on the pass more and take our chances that way. Pass to set up the run. And no I'm not just saying that because I love to sling the ball all over the yard as much as you love the bus! Haha. I genuinely think that is our best chance to beat teams this season. 

To bring it back full circle. I totally  get why highly recruited tight ends would not want to come here. We have not shown we will feature them. We do not deserve the benefit of the doubt. YET.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We dont throw the ball enough.

That's a latter of opinion. About the middle of the field throws, apparently you have been relying on outdated message board mumbo-jumbo instead of watching the games.

We don't feature the TE position, never have in the modern era.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's a latter of opinion. About the middle of the field throws, apparently you have been relying on outdated message board mumbo-jumbo instead of watching the games.

Lol ohhhhh Michael maaaaaaaah. Why do you disagree so much when you know you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing just because you are incapable of actually engaging in a act of agreeance with someone! Even loosely!  Lol. I mean sure!!!! We have thrown about 1 or 2 slants a game this season which is about a x3345566772346 % increase from past seasons!!! Haha. 

Anyways we will see how this recruitment goes now. If bama does not feel good about the 5 star TE from Vegas after he visits for the LSU game I am sure they will crank up the interest in pegues. Either way we will be great either way with the STUD WR class we have coming in. Capers is having a Juggernaut it a season!!! Wooooo!!!! Let's go!!! War Damn baaaaay baaaaay!!!!

giphy-5.gif

giphy-4.gif

tenor-1.gif

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why do you are so much when you know you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing just because you are incapable of actually engaging in a act of agreeance with someone!

I won't be in "agreeance" with a statement that says we don't throw the ball enough, or that a TE should get more catches when almost everybody else is griping because Schwartz and Seth Williams aren't getting to touch the ball enough.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I won't be in "agreeance" with a statement that says we don't throw the ball enough, or that a TE should get more catches when almost everybody else is griping because Schwartz and Seth Williams aren't getting to touch the ball enough.

I am the voice of the voiceless!!! Lol shout out to me and @AUBwins boy cm puuuuuuunk!!!!! Haha. Everyone is throwing up their hands in angst about those 2 not getting the ball enough so I am gonna pivot and shine a light on 42 Wilson not getting the ball enough!!! I mean is there anything wrong with that!? Can he not get some love as well!? Lol. I want all our weapons to be fed properly and get theirs 

Pegues and future big time TE recruits will go ok now!!!! The offense is making a determined effort to get that position the ball!!!! Wooooooo!!!! I'm pumped Mike!!! You pumped!?

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Bo needed to complete more passes in some games that way there’s more catches to go around. And Schwartz touches has been sparing as well.

bama has 7 guys with 9 or more receptions. 5 guys with 16 or more. 3 guys with 22 or more.

For LSU, it's 8, 3 and 3.

For us, it's 4, 2 and 1.

I guess maybe those other teams have more than one ball?

Also, it's interesting that we spread the ball around at the position we use the least and not to the position we use the most.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

bama has 7 guys with 9 or more receptions. 5 guys with 16 or more. 3 guys with 22 or more.

For LSU, it's 8, 3 and 3.

Is it just me or does that seem extremely high & a standard most teams besides them would even be able to reach this point in the season? I thought OU would be there but they are there with us on this topic this season surprisingly: 5, 2, & 1. Ohio St is at 6, 4, & 1 FWIW.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is it just me or does that seem extremely high & a standard most teams besides them would even be able to reach this point in the season? I thought OU would be there but they are there with us on this topic this season surprisingly: 5, 2, & 1. Ohio St is at 6, 4, & 1 FWIW.

You make a fair point. Mainly I was arguing against the notion that we have to just accept that we're a team that only completes X amount of passes and only Y number of guys can catch them. But the examples I chose might be hyperbolic. 

I'm also surprised about OU, though. I've always focused on them seemingly always having 2 WRs and 2 RBs with tons of receptions and carries, but it appears there's usually a big dropoff after that. 

I think if you are going to make those comparisons you should also look at pass attempts vs runs:

AU: Passing: 100 of 177
        Rushing: 322 

UAt: 167 of 228

LSU: 190-244

OK: 137-189

I didn't do OSU because I couldn't easily find the numbers.  My point is that based on this.  We have had 100 completed passes.  If 3 guys had 22 or more then they would comprise over 60% of our receptions.  The numbers are not a fair comparison as we are a run first team.

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

The numbers are not a fair comparison as we are a run first team.

And, like @GwillMac6 keeps asking, why do we just accept that? How do you look at our numerous offensive failures the last several years and not ask if there's a better way?

It is *always* fair to compare Auburn to the teams that are winning more than we are. It's absolutely necessary, in fact. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And, like @GwillMac6 keeps asking, why do we just accept that? How do you look at our numerous offensive failures the last several years and not ask if there's a better way?

It is *always* fair to compare Auburn to the teams that are winning more than we are. It's absolutely necessary, in fact. 

Especially when those teams are huge rivals that are getting the better of us the last several years. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

not ask if there's a better way?

With Gus there's not. He's a running football coach who has little to concept of a real, developed passing game. This is something we should all know & have accepted while Gus is the HC. It is what it is.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With Gus there's not. He's a running football coach who has little to concept of a real, developed passing game. This is something we should all know & have accepted while Gus is the HC. It is what it is.

I know it but I'm not going to ever accept it. But I'll go not accept it in a different thread. :cheers:

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Last year we threw the ball 46.26% of the time, which is a pretty darn good percentage.  This year we are down in passing (36.96%) and that is by design with a true freshmen quarterback.  I am perfectly fine with that.

When you take a step back and look at things many fan bases want the ball thrown more when they want more points.  UGA fans are at this point.  But for us the ratio of runs to passes is fine with a freshmen QB.

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Last year we threw the ball 46.26% of the time, which is a pretty darn good percentage.  This year we are down in passing (36.96%) and that is by design with a true freshmen quarterback.  I am perfectly fine with that.

When you take a step back and look at things many fan bases want the ball thrown more when they want more points.  UGA fans are at this point.  But for us the ratio of runs to passes is fine with a freshmen QB.

There is some validity in this statement but this far into the year as many games as Bo has under his belt we should be opening it up more. The throws we are asking for over the middle are easier throws to make but have higher risk because of the congestion over the middle. The QB needs to be able to read the defense which is one reason at beginning of the season there was a reason to avoid those throws but this far into the season Bo is no longer an untested freshman.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I was not saying don't compare AU to these teams.  I said don't compare the numbers.  You can't expect us to be getting same number of touches to the WR if they are not throwing equivalent numbers.  We have not had to throw the ball and likely a lot of that is by design as @abw0004 says because of tFR QB.  I don't care what you say.  6 games does not make him not a tFR.  He has never seen road environments like FL, LSU, etc.  

My point is we have 100 completions compared to the others.  Maybe if we threw it more we would get more completions or maybe we get more INTs.  Noone will ever know because the past is gone.  But with a 100 completions you can't expect 3 receivers with 22 or more receptions.

Archived