Annual Alternate Uniform Debate

Gowebb11

13 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He took my idea and it looks amazing! I want royalties!

That is bad Aspririn. I really dig that. I love our Road Whites...I think they are the best in Football. I would like to see our home uniform change by way of going back to black socks/cleats. I love the black with our home unis. 

Do you guys remember...I think it was the opener against Louisville a few years back, we had Orange socks and cleats. They were different...I am undecided on those. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the change that I could be on board with if used occasionally but not replace the all whites. Those are classic. 

Screenshot_20190815-194950~2.png

14 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That is bad Aspririn. I really dig that. I love our Road Whites...I think they are the best in Football. I would like to see our home uniform change by way of going back to black socks/cleats. I love the black with our home unis. 

Do you guys remember...I think it was the opener against Louisville a few years back, we had Orange socks and cleats. They were different...I am undecided on those. 

The Donald Duck feet?  ....yes *sigh* I remember....

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

LOL....yea...too gimmicky....I wouldnt mind Navy blue

Yes, Navy...I'm in.

However, I'm with those who miss the black shoes.  Navy'd be close at least...

14 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm one of the few, apparently, who liked the orange shadow. Of course, it was a fad in the 90's and half (possible exaggeration, but not sure) the college football teams in the nation did it but for most, the fad died.

Now, I have always made known my love for the mesh jerseys (it's what I wore my whole football life) and, I guess I'm in A4E territory but, I LOVE the orange facemasks.  They remind me of my earliest days as an Auburn fan.  Watched James, Joe, William, Lionel & Bo wearing those things.  I thought it was cool when CPD changed to the blue in '84 or '85 (I can't remember what year exactly) but I always hoped they'd go back to the orange....at least on occassion. 

Mannn I'm a big supporter of throwing some variation in there from time to time each season. Even if it's not something I"m huge on like orange facemasks. Anything is fine in moderation IMO. Just something new and fresh 1-2x a year I mean why not? I'm 33 so the mesh jersey's were phased out early during my childhood so I do not have the attachment to them but completely understand why someone who did grow up seeing them, and wearing them in your case, would be fond of them.

Even though the orange gloves and shoes for the Louisville game didn't look great I appreciated the fact that we went for something different. I just wish the first time we stuck our necks out like that it wasn't such an ugly look. I mean the players loved it, so if they like it I'm in support of it but I chuckled when you said "Donald Duck feet" because now it's impossible to not see that when I see clips of that game LOL

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Mannn I'm a big supporter of throwing some variation in there from time to time each season. Even if it's not something I"m huge on like orange facemasks. Anything is fine in moderation IMO. Just something new and fresh 1-2x a year I mean why not? I'm 33 so the mesh jersey's were phased out early during my childhood so I do not have the attachment to them but completely understand why someone who did grow up seeing them, and wearing them in your case, would be fond of them.

Even though the orange gloves and shoes for the Louisville game didn't look great I appreciated the fact that we went for something different. I just wish the first time we stuck our necks out like that it wasn't such an ugly look. I mean the players loved it, so if they like it I'm in support of it but I chuckled when you said "Donald Duck feet" because now it's impossible to not see that when I see clips of that game LOL

I agree with the 1-2x per year throw-back/alternate.  I prefer throw-back typically but am pleased to admit there's really not much "throw-back" Auburn can do since they have done a fantastic job maintaining the traditional look.  Note: I say this because I do believe Auburn has such a beautiful look, it doesn't need to change (much).  I'm 47, so I'm not THAT much older than you but I even remember the tear-away jerseys.  Now THOSE were fun!!!

I'm so glad that I was able to plant the Donald Duck Feet into your subconscious.  I hope everyone does the same as I hope to NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER see that getup again for as long as I live! 

Go to black shoes or navy shoes (socks optional) but orange?  

source.gif

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree with the 1-2x per year throw-back/alternate.  I prefer throw-back typically but am pleased to admit there's really not much "throw-back" Auburn can do since they have done a fantastic job maintaining the traditional look.  Note: I say this because I do believe Auburn has such a beautiful look, it doesn't need to change (much).  I'm 47, so I'm not THAT much older than you but I even remember the tear-away jerseys.  Now THOSE were fun!!!

I'm so glad that I was able to plant the Donald Duck Feet into your subconscious.  I hope everyone does the same as I hope to NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER see that getup again for s long as I live! 

Go to black shoes or navy shoes (socks optional) but orange?  

source.gif

This is such a badass look I have no idea why we ever went away from it:

Image result for ronnie brown auburn

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

This is such a badass look I have no idea why we ever went away from it:

Image result for ronnie brown auburn

RcBFNBT.gif

38 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

50th anniversary of the moon landing. When are we suiting up in these? 

Concept-Space.png

Gotta replace the shuttle with the Saturn 5

On 7/8/2019 at 2:52 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Alternative Uniforms would be awesome. 

But it likely wont ever happen in the current way Auburn operates. A younger generation will likely need to be in charge before that happens at Auburn. 

Too many people think we have the unquestioned best uniforms in all of college football. They dont relate to what kids like these days.

This. 

I have traveled, and worked all over the country at different times in my life, and not once has anyone said to me, " hey you're an Auburn fan, love those uniforms man!". 

What we do have are two very beautiful colors with the our version of orange, and the dark Navy blue. Two colors that would work very well for some alternate uniform variations. I'm as old school as it gets, but when trying to sway high school kids to come play here a little uniform excitement couldn't hurt.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:41 PM, aubiefifty said:

i agree but.................i would hate to miss out on any kids that want to play where they have some fun with uni's once a year or so. so if it is something that would help recruiting i am all for it. but when we did change like the orange jerseys best i can remember we got our behinds beat.

We got our behinds beat a lot back then. The orange jerseys didn't have anything to do with it.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, gr82be said:

This is the change that I could be on board with if used occasionally but not replace the all whites. Those are classic. 

Screenshot_20190815-194950~2.png

Syracuse trousers😂........what do I know I am color blind......but I trust you, count me in.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, homersapien said:

We've got great looking uniforms that are instantly recognizable by fans across the country.

Navy and white are great "base" colors.  Orange is fine as a trim but is an awful base color.  (I actually feel sorry for Clemson with their various combos.)

Black shoes and socks is the only change needed - it's a bad ass look. 

And keep the navy facemasks.

True story........I was wearing my Tommy Tuberville mandatory orange Cutter& Buck at the hotel Game Day morning........all I kept thinking was everyone will know when  I go for seconds at breakfast and trace those Dunkin Doughnuts back to big orange......me😂

29 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Syracuse trousers😂........what do I know I am color blind......but I trust you, count me in.

Actually I am too so maybe I'm way off thinking it would look good. I like contrast though. 

Side note: not sure if it's all that common or not but I wasn't colorblind until I was 6. I know and my parents would tell me that I knew my colors. Not sure what caused it but I do know that I had chicken pox in the first grade. I remember going to school and at some point I had to start reading the name on the side of the crayon because I couldn't tell blue from purple or green from brown. It's all to do with shades for me. People think it's a black and white world when in reality I see colors, just don't have a clue what some of them are. I do see the difference between our orange and Tennessee orange, thank God. 

On 8/16/2019 at 10:06 AM, Win4AU said:

Gotta replace the shuttle with the Saturn 5

I support this 💪

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Actually I am too so maybe I'm way off thinking it would look good. I like contrast though. 

Side note: not sure if it's all that common or not but I wasn't colorblind until I was 6. I know and my parents would tell me that I knew my colors. Not sure what caused it but I do know that I had chicken pox in the first grade. I remember going to school and at some point I had to start reading the name on the side of the crayon because I couldn't tell blue from purple or green from brown. It's all to do with shades for me. People think it's a black and white world when in reality I see colors, just don't have a clue what some of them are. I do see the difference between our orange and Tennessee orange, thank God. 

Often wondered that myself.......think I had chicken pox in second or 3rd grade...........greens I have a terrible time........wore ties close to 30 years.....Always had to find young lady at Parisian's or Gayfers to find a tie that matched.......gets frustrating at times. 

3 hours ago, gr82be said:
4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Here's alternative uniforms for y'all.

6PZGB45AK5CCNCRA2D6CK6N7PU.jpg

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Here's alternative uniforms for y'all.

6PZGB45AK5CCNCRA2D6CK6N7PU.jpg

The white shoe Russell Athletic days❤❤❤......great pic by the way.

• 2 months later...

Auburn needs to really start showing that they're able to adapt to the changing college football landscape whether that be uniforms, or how there run their program. The unis need some alternative changes even if for a game or two just to show the fan base that their important and taken seriously. Small tweaks would do wonders for just an alternative unis. Keep the white helmet and white pants just change the facemasks to orange and the AU sign on the helmet orange for say two games WA LA! U MAGIC. WE WOULD LOVE THIS LOOK EVEN IF THE SIGHT CAMO IS GONE

AuburnUniform.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The orange over white is strong. 

Orange over white looks like Miami IMHO. If anything (and I'm not saying it's needed) I would prefer to keep the color palette and locations static, and mess with some shadowing or subtle camo. Our uni's are so classic and sophisticated i would hate to see them tainted by a sophomoric attempt at keeping up with the Jones's. 

On 8/15/2019 at 6:02 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

He took my idea and it looks amazing! I want royalties!

I could definitely get with the orange facemasks without the number shadowing though.  I think that is a sweet look!

Archived