Tucker Carlson has failed to assimilate

TitanTiger

12 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wrong. You have no personal knowledge of that. Save the hearsay for someone else. 

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, I'm right. Personal knowledge has nothing to do with it. Many sources have established it. There are books on him.

Homer isn't wrong. Bundy was a pure psychopath, but his intellect, charm and charisma is well documented. He had many admirers. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Which is wonderful. But no one is questioning what he’s like in person. We re questioning the way he does his job. 

Yes. Read the second part of what I said.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

No, I'm right. Personal knowledge has nothing to do with it. Many sources have established it. There are books on him.

Wrong. That’s not how it works. I require more. Next time use an example based on personal knowledge and your remark will have the impact you desired. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Homer isn't wrong. Bundy was a pure psychopath, but his intellect, charm and charisma is well documented. He had many admirers. 

Na, those loose standards aren’t sufficient to establish “coolness.” Chalk another one up. 

For illustrative purposes, if Tucker got on the air and went full on white supremacist, calling for death to Jews, blacks, Hispanics and so on, but got great ratings, would that mean how he does his job only matters if his boss is happy because "ratings?"  You know the answer to that as well as I do.  

Sorry TT but that is quite a foolish illustration...Fox is more PC than most of the left leaning stations and all you have to do is offend a dozen people and you are in trouble no matter the ratings...check with Bill O'Reilly if you doubt that.  Most of the NBC system talking heads are more offensive than Sean or Tucker....but nobody on this site spends any time complaining about it...….we just change the channel or use the "off" button for it's intended purpose. 

You can critique how Tucker does his job but you are just another viewer....though maybe not....either way, so far as I know you have no credentials that make me want to believe your opinion.... and the tweet peddlers are just looking to find an "audience" of like minded people who will follow them.  

Only reason I occasionally answer some of these posts is because I hate the see some of the stuff go unchallenged and give the posters the mistaken opinion that they are making sense or that other people find their views to be logical.   But I'm not gonna get into a debate over this kind of nonsense.....I state my view and you can accept that I have a right to disagree with you......or not. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wrong. That’s not how it works. I require moreNext time use an example based on personal knowledge and your remark will have the impact you desired. 

Now that is really funny!!!    :roflol:

I can't help if you are an ignorant youngster.  But I'll help with your education.  ;)

Here's a potential reading list that might help bring you up to speed regarding Ted Bundy:

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/ted-bundy

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Now that is really funny!!!    :roflol:

I can't help if you are an ignorant youngster.  But I'll help with your education.  ;)

Here's a potential reading list that might help bring you up to speed regarding Ted Bundy:

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/ted-bundy

Will this show me that he was cool?

Glad I could make you laugh.

For the record, I’ve probably surpassed you in the education realm. At least if we compare degrees.

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Will this show me that he was cool?

Glad I could make you laugh.

For the record, I’ve probably surpassed you in the education realm. At least if we compare degrees.

Probably so.  It will certainly help you understand Ted Bundy, about whom you obviously no nothing.

BS and MS here.  But what makes the difference between me and any other kid your age is 40+ years of life experience.  This argument is a good example: 

"I require moreNext time use an example based on personal knowledge and your remark will have the impact you desired." 

All because I pointed out the fact Ted Bundy was personally charming??  :rolleyes::laugh:

An older, wiser man wouldn't just double down on his ignorance, at least without doing a little research.  That's the key difference between you and me,  not the number of degrees you may (or may not) have.

But stop acting so insecure.  I am sure you will improve with time.  I was ignorant at your age too.  Even with a couple of degrees. ;)

Did you check out that book list?

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Probably so.  It will certainly help you understand Ted Bundy, about whom you obviously no nothing.

BS and MS here.  But what makes the difference between me and any other kid your age is 40+ years of life experience.  This argument is a good example: 

"I require moreNext time use an example based on personal knowledge and your remark will have the impact you desired." 

All because I pointed out the fact Ted Bundy was personally charming??  :rolleyes::laugh:

An older, wiser man wouldn't just double down on his ignorance, at least without doing a little research.  That's the key difference between you and me,  not the number of degrees you may (or may not) have.

But stop acting so insecure.  I am sure you will improve with time.  I was ignorant at your age too.  Even with a couple of degrees. ;)

Did you check out that book list?

I’m acting insecure? You’re trying to argue that Ted was a cool guy, and I pointed out that you have no personal knowledge of that (which you don’t). For some reason, that fact has gotten under your skin.

When you say “Ted Bundy was a cool guy,” and I say “Tucker is cool in person,” the latter statement is based on personal knowledge and the former is not. 

I am sorry if facts upset you. I understand if you can’t handle being one-up’d by someone so young on a constant basis.

Keep your chin up though, I like you Homer. I like Dub too.

22 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I’m acting insecure? You’re trying to argue that Ted was a cool guy, and I pointed out that you have no personal knowledge of that (which you don’t). For some reason, that fact has gotten under your skin.

When you say “Ted Bundy was a cool guy,” and I say “Tucker is cool in person,” the latter statement is based on personal knowledge and the former is not. 

I am sorry if facts upset you. I understand if you can’t handle being one-up’d by someone so young on a constant basis.

Keep your chin up though, I like you Homer. I like Dub too.

That's a great example of weaseling. 

And weaseling is really nothing more than expressing one's insecurity.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:34 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Tucker is cool in person. 

Granted, not that any of y’all give a s***.

You would know Nola. Heading southeast anytime soon? I am.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:29 PM, aubiefifty said:

i consider him a bomb thrower.

Probably is and paid well to do it. Some bombs probably deserved.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:29 PM, aubiefifty said:

he and people like him are the reason her and aoc and some of the others get death threats pretty much daily unless it ha slowed down some how. one day someone will be murdered over the garbage he mostly spews and then they will pretend to be saddened for a day or two and then go right back doing the same crap over and over again. remember when the softball practice shooter dropped some folks? pretty much all of them included ted the ped nugent all backed off for a while. that did not last long. and not all but many on the right on this board could care less. i have seen someone claim to be a christian on here and almost openly weep over the loss of rod and his wife but have not batted an eye about the young man and his son that drowned for the sole reason of hoping to give his son a better life. and is that not what most folks with children want? or show no remorse over children stripped from their parents? or call out the shooters on the right that go to churches and other places and kill everyone they can? then you find out they are trump  supporters who have been emboldened by trumps rhetoric. seriously, what other opinion can you come to with this kind of horrible stuff happens and people deflect or outright lie about why something really happened. it should be about law and order but i see very few on here denounce it. have i missed something? where is the outrage or common decency for our fellow man? i dislike trump with a passion but i do not want to see him murdered. i just want him to move to a third world country.

Rest of your post is a display of a leftist lunatic

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Probably is and paid well to do it. Some bombs probably deserved.

Rest of your post is a display of a leftist lunatic

pretty sure the name calling is for smack. and hate to bust your bubble but i could care less what you think. continue this on smack and i will let you know what i really think. but when one has no meaningful  answers i expect nothing but personal attacks.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:14 PM, AU64 said:

Sorry TT but that is quite a foolish illustration...Fox is more PC than most of the left leaning stations

Hahahahahaaha.  *takes deep breath* Hahahahahahaahahaahahaha.  *wipes tears, attempts to compose himself*

Sorry, that line about how much more PC Fox is slayed me.  Good one, man.

and all you have to do is offend a dozen people and you are in trouble no matter the ratings...check with Bill O'Reilly if you doubt that.  Most of the NBC system talking heads are more offensive than Sean or Tucker....but nobody on this site spends any time complaining about it...….we just change the channel or use the "off" button for it's intended purpose. 

You can critique how Tucker does his job but you are just another viewer....though maybe not....either way, so far as I know you have no credentials that make me want to believe your opinion.... and the tweet peddlers are just looking to find an "audience" of like minded people who will follow them.  

But as you go on, I see you're serious with this answer, so I'll give you an equally serious one - you completely missed the point.  This isn't a debate over whether Fox or any other channel would let him get away with it.  It was simply taking your argument to its logical extreme to see if it stands up, and it does not.  The only thing that matters is *not* what his boss thinks r the ratings say.  If someone says awful, immoral and outrageous things, it justifiably opens them up to all the criticism they get for it.  Stop telling people their problems with someone's words and behavior don't matter.

Only reason I occasionally answer some of these posts is because I hate the see some of the stuff go unchallenged and give the posters the mistaken opinion that they are making sense or that other people find their views to be logical.   But I'm not gonna get into a debate over this kind of nonsense.....I state my view and you can accept that I have a right to disagree with you......or not. 

Let me know when you actually challenge it rather than simply whether or not they have enough sway to do so.  I'm making perfect sense, you're choosing to argue a point no one was making, nor one that makes any sense in the first place.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:50 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. Read the second part of what I said.

I did.  But that's not really relevant to the discussion.  Whether I care about how he is in person or not, it just doesn't matter.  It's a discussion about what he does in his public role on television - the things he says, the positions he advocates, the arguments he employs, and whether they are fair, accurate, and so on.

On 7/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, TitanTiger said:

I did.  But that's not really relevant to the discussion.  Whether I care about how he is in person or not, it just doesn't matter.  It's a discussion about what he does in his public role on television - the things he says, the positions he advocates, the arguments he employs, and whether they are fair, accurate, and so on.

Ok? Idk why you’re stressing a point I’ve already acknowledged. Delete the comment if you need to...

Archived