Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

Jay Prosch has been getting a lot of love for his blocks in the second half. The announcers are even pointing out that the linebackers are so scared of getting manhandled by Prosch that they'll go ahead and take themselves out of the play and go for for Prosch's knees. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Jay Prosch has been getting a lot of love for his blocks in the second half. The announcers are even pointing out that the linebackers are so scared of getting manhandled by Prosch that they'll go ahead and take themselves out of the play and go for for Prosch's knees. 

He is a damn fine fullback. His name really should come up more often when discussing our success in 13.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

An interesting two play sequence for the Browns, an incompletion to Sammie Coates and then the next play, Shon Coleman gets called for a hold on a play where Ricardo Louis drops a pass. War Damn Doo Doo Browns?

Ricardo Louis is matched up against Marlon Humphrey too. 

There needs to be more NFL fans on the board. 

Edited by aujeff11

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Who knew Blake Countess made an NFL roster?

Me.

I watched minutes ago him run into a crowd and help allow a 61 yard TD run too.

Edited by aujeff11

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Me.

I watched minutes ago him run into a crowd and help allow a 61 yard TD run too.

Which is what prompted my post. :D

he just picked the wrong way to go. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Which is what prompted my post. :D

he just picked the wrong way to go. 

I'm guessing you were waiting for the lightning delay to end too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cody Parkey hit a 54 yard game winning FG for the Dolphins with about 1:05 left in the game.

Cody still looks like a teenager.

'The long kick was Parkey’s fourth field goal of the game. He also hit from 3k, 28 and 35 yards. The final kick turned out to be the game-winner as Chargers kicker Younghoe Koo missed a 44-yard field goal wide right with six seconds left ."

What a leg, 3k yards! Hit that one from Palm Springs.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/game-replay-dolphins-cody-parkey-wins-game-yard-field-goal/AwzAxLV9G1Qfgn0B84yA9M/

Edited by aufan57

Cody Parkey hit a 54 yard game winning FG for the Dolphins with about 1:05 left in the game.

I'm glad Cody got it back together mentally after washing out of Philly and Cleveland. 

On 9/17/2017 at 4:18 PM, aujeff11 said:

An interesting two play sequence for the Browns, an incompletion to Sammie Coates and then the next play, Shon Coleman gets called for a hold on a play where Ricardo Louis drops a pass. War Damn Doo Doo Browns?

Ricardo Louis is matched up against Marlon Humphrey too. 

There needs to be more NFL fans on the board. 

Browns are just a doomed team feel bad for anyone who plays for them as well as there fans and this is coming from a Steelers fan

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

I'm glad Cody got it back together mentally after washing out of Philly and Cleveland. 

If I remember correctly Cody did not wash out at Philly he actually set a record his first year and then got some type of injury. As for the Browns well anyone who plays for the Browns will be a wash out. Could be wrong 

• Haha 1

Greg Robinson is getting worked now for the Lions. Been called for some penalties and is allowing a lot of pressure at LT.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

If I remember correctly Cody did not wash out at Philly he actually set a record his first year and then got some type of injury. As for the Browns well anyone who plays for the Browns will be a wash out. Could be wrong 

Browns drafted Zane Gonzales from Arizona State, 2016 Groza Award Winner.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Greg Robinson is getting worked now for the Lions. Been called for some penalties and is allowing a lot of pressure at LT.

Heard Gruden say the Lions have issues at Left Tackle. Robinson would probably work out better at guard.

1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

Heard Gruden say the Lions have issues at Left Tackle. Robinson would probably work out better at guard.

Yep. Eric Flowers, the Giants LT is playing just as bad. Maybe there just isn't enough elite blindside LT's to protect all of these  DL specimens. 

A link to show how bad it's been:

https://mobile.twitter.com/guga31bb/status/909968929765945348/video/1

Edited by aujeff11

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nice to see the Auburn names on the rosters but I'm not going to spend an afternoon hoping to see if one of our former DBs actually breaks up a pass..... or hoping that Sammy will catch a pass. . :gofig:

Well then I got you covered. I don't mind talking to myself. And you're right about Cam. They're trying to neutralize his own abilities for the good of no one... team, coaches, and franchise. 

Well then I got you covered. I don't mind talking to myself. And you're right about Cam. They're trying to neutralize his own abilities for the good of no one... team, coaches, and franchise. 

That's good and you can give us a report....I do enjoy hearing if our guys are doing well...just don't care much for the "no fun league"

Saints at Carolina.  That's going to be fun.  Cam usually does well in that game. Saints will be desperate not to start 0-2 and divisional game. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Saints at Carolina.  That's going to be fun.  Cam usually does well in that game. Saints will be desperate not to start 0-2 and divisional game. 

Cam is terrible these days. Non chalant attitudes toward QB mechanics plus injuries have caught up on him.

• Like 1

Cam is terrible these days. Non chalant attitudes toward QB mechanics plus injuries have caught up on him.

Yep.  

Cam with 3 INTs and Panthers looking like crap.....and Saints score again to go up 33-13.      Wondering how much more NFL Cam has in him?     Just not looking like he's into the game lately...

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Cam with 3 INTs and Panthers looking like crap.....and Saints score again to go up 33-13.      Wondering how much more NFL Cam has in him?     Just not looking like he's into the game lately...

He lost me back in the Super Bowl when he didn't make an effort to recover that fumble while they were only a score down. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You live in NC don’t you? What do you think? 

It seems they have tried to neuter the Cam out of him and tried to turn him into Tom Brady. But Cam was the reason why he was heisman, Cam was the reason why he was number one pick, and Cam was the reason why he won NFL MVP one year, not Tom Brady. 

They got Cam staying back in the pocket with his awful footwork trying to deliver footballs. That’s not why they are paying him  the big bucks. 

Either Rivera or Gettleman or Cam has to go for the Panthers to work.

• Thanks 1