Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Wait, someone named their kid Deebo?  WTH?

Dude is a stud too. Just could never stay healthy consistently for Boom at South Carolina.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dude is a stud too. Just could never stay healthy consistently for Boom at South Carolina.

Musta got knocked the **** out too many times.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Now I am getting ticked off.  Not at my boy, just the waste of a year we had with him.  Throwing guys open, hitting tight windows, etc. I guess all those things we were saying about the struggles were more the coaching choices than the player.  We suspected that to some degree but probably not respecting Stidham ability enough. 

I think this is just confirmation on something we have long suspected about Gus. It makes me even more mad than I already am he is back for 2019 in the very definition of a lame duck year. He went 8-5 with a guy who will be drafted in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft at QB this past season. WTF do people think we are gonna do this next year when he is NOT there? SMH.

• Like 1

Davis and Russell having nice games at the Senior Bowl. Stidham’s first drive looked very much like a Stidham drive unfortunately. Got some first downs on penalties and then fumbles holding the ball way, way too long. 

Edited by jared52

On 1/25/2019 at 12:46 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I think this is just confirmation on something we have long suspected about Gus. It makes me even more mad than I already am he is back for 2019 in the very definition of a lame duck year. He went 8-5 with a guy who will be drafted in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft at QB this past season. WTF do people think we are gonna do this next year when he is NOT there? SMH.

Think of some of the things Jarrett did  in those 5 losses. 1st drive int against LSU, another pic on a misread to Slayton, did not protect the ball and fumble against UT, clear overthrow against MSU,  missed and easy 3rd down conversion against UGA, and many other in game poor execution errors, as far back as his game changing fumble against UGA in SEC championship game. I know we like to rail on Gus at every opportunity but a lot of things in those losses were on Jarrett and some of those things manifested itself in the game yesterday. I still think he has the tools to start at the next level he just gotta keep working and get better.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Think of some of the things Jarrett did  in those 5 losses. 1st drive int against LSU, another pic on a misread to Slayton, did not protect the ball and fumble against UT, clear overthrow against MSU,  missed and easy 3rd down conversion against UGA, and many other in game poor execution errors, as far back as his game changing fumble against UGA in SEC championship game. I know we like to rail on Gus at every opportunity but a lot of things in those losses were on Jarrett and some of those things manifested itself in the game yesterday. I still think he has the tools to start at the next level he just gotta keep working and get better.

Jarrett seems to have all the mechanics and skills to make a lot of throws... in practice. But for whatever reason, it does not translate to the games. I cannot get into the guy’s head and see what he sees and I never played QB outside my backyard so it’s foolish of me to say anything about why he’s not impressing in games like he does in practice, but the evidence points to him just not being a “winner” or a “gamer”.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, AUBwins said:

Now I am getting ticked off.  Not at my boy, just the waste of a year we had with him.  Throwing guys open, hitting tight windows, etc. I guess all those things we were saying about the struggles were more the coaching choices than the player.  We suspected that to some degree but probably not respecting Stidham ability enough. 

So in three days he's solved all those problems of "dump and duck" , happy feet and overthrows to open receivers?   His coach must be a genius.  

But OOPS...then comes game day...:dunno:

Edited by AU64
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I want to see the drink menu. Food menu looks pretty bomb. 

I'm curious who he worked with on the design of the place. It's very tasteful and current and grown. I wouldn't be surprised if he worked with whoever Ford Fry works with. and I love that he put it down town. Maybe it's no accident that it's only a couple blocks from Magic City lol. 

Interesting concept and very appealing design.......smoking permitted in the dining area?   seems to be the case...so expecting to be aimed at the ,,male audience. ..has the look of a private club.    JMO but this would not fly in Charlotte..... Atlanta looks like a good choice.   

Meanwhile Cam will have plenty of time to work on this.....surgery on his passing arm and out for the coming season I hear. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Interesting concept and very appealing design.......smoking permitted in the dining area?   seems to be the case...so expecting to be aimed at the ,,male audience. ..has the look of a private club.    JMO but this would not fly in Charlotte..... Atlanta looks like a good choice.   

Meanwhile Cam will have plenty of time to work on this.....surgery on his passing arm and out for the coming season I hear. 

He's charging $750 for his SB viewing party. $1000 for the VIP experience. Seems like maybe a place for the pro sports and entertainment industry crowd to rub elbows. Mrs. Loof and I give it about 2 years. Who knows, though, it might stick. Just the design alone suggests to me that Cam might actually be working with smart people on this. 

And I really don't think it's an accident that it's so close to Magic City. Quite the bachelor's evening to go have a steak and a cigar before heading over to take in some scenery. They might even offer a discreet shuttle service. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's charging $750 for his SB viewing party. $1000 for the VIP experience. Seems like maybe a place for the pro sports and entertainment industry crowd to rub elbows. Mrs. Loof and I give it about 2 years. Who knows, though, it might stick. Just the design alone suggests to me that Cam might actually be working with smart people on this. 

And I really don't think it's an accident that it's so close to Magic City. Quite the bachelor's evening to go have a steak and a cigar before heading over to take in some scenery. They might even offer a discreet shuttle service. 

Yep....I figure he's the face of the place....super stud athlete and into the fashion world.   Things like this are trendy and with Atlanta having pro teams and also site of bowl games, etc....there are plenty of opportunities to host parties, etc. 

Not sure how big the place it is but looks easily convertible into an upscale "apartment"' when the club has run its course.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

there are plenty of opportunities to host parties, etc.

Very good point. Events might be more of a revenue stream than walk up business.

I was surprised to see that it's open for breakfast and lunch. Who knows, maybe it will be a go-to spot for business coffees and lunches. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep....I figure he's the face of the place....super stud athlete and into the fashion world.   Things like this are trendy and with Atlanta having pro teams and also site of bowl games, etc....there are plenty of opportunities to host parties, etc. 

Not sure how big the place it is but looks easily convertible into an upscale "apartment"' when the club has run its course.   

Maybe he can leave Carolina and make his home in Atlanta... One can dream...

You guys ready for a boring Super Bowl? I was really hoping to see Saints vs. Chiefs. Would have loved for either Brees or Mahomes to win. Instead it's two qbs I'm rather indifferent about.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He definitely will one day. Just hope it's while he's still playing!

You guys ready for a boring Super Bowl? I was really hoping to see Saints vs. Chiefs. Would have loved for either Brees or Mahomes to win. Instead it's two qbs I'm rather indifferent about.

I'm married to a Patriots fan and normally pull for them. But I'm a Falcons fan first and I can't genuinely pull for them to win the SB in Atlanta. At least the Saints didn't make it in. Would've loved a Chiefs vs Rams rematch. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He definitely will one day. Just hope it's while he's still playing!

He's taken quite a beating in Charlotte with no OL most of his career ….and league changed rules when he arrived to give defenders free shot at him if it even looked like he might carry the ball.   Plus officials were lax about calling late hits..

Always amazed me that the NFL would allow one of it's premier players (and a good citizen) to take that kind of abuse.   He's done a tremendous amount of good for many Charlotte charitable organizations but I expect he's headed back to hotlanta when he is done. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He's taken quite a beating in Charlotte with no OL most of his career ….and league changed rules when he arrived to give defenders free shot at him if it even looked like he might carry the ball.   Plus officials were lax about calling late hits..

Always amazed me that the NFL would allow one of it's premier players (and a good citizen) to take that kind of abuse.   He's done a tremendous amount of good for many Charlotte charitable organizations but I expect he's headed back to hotlanta when he is done. 

It drives me crazy. Most casual football fans think very poorly of him, and the NFL is okay with that. And when he makes a small misstep like the lady reporter thing or the post-SB interview- seriously, has he had any other faux pas at all?- he gets treated like a criminal. 

It blows people's minds when I tell them that story about him showing up at the elementary school in Auburn to ask if he could mentor at-risk boys, and nobody at the University, even the coaches, knew anything about it. And then they just go right back to "yeah well he sulks and Auburn cheated". These are often people without any SEC or even NFC South interests. 

But when Tom Brady gets upset on the sideline or Aaron Rodgers celebrates a TD, they're "competitors". Whatever. War Damn Cam. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Excuse me? There is nothing AND ME AND THE ROCK MEAN NOTHING boring about a Sean McVay team. Most exciting team in the league easily. 

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But when Tom Brady gets upset on the sideline or Aaron Rodgers celebrates a TD, they're "competitors".

Brady and Rodgers are professionals. Cam has to signal first down when tbe clock is rolling and only 26 seconds left in the game!!  Rubbed me raw for life. Take him Atlanta. 2-0 for Carolina every time.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1