Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Brady and Rodgers are professionals. Cam has to signal first down when tbe clock is rolling and only 26 seconds left in the game!!  Rubbed me raw for life. Take him Atlanta. 2-0 for Carolina every time.

I appreciate Cam as much as anyone for what he means to Auburn but this will always bug me about him. I just don't see a logical explanation for this. 

fraidycam.0.gif

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I appreciate Cam as much as anyone for what he means to Auburn but this will always bug me about him. I just don't see a logical explanation for this. 

fraidycam.0.gif

Yeah I agree. That was a tough one to wrap my head around and even tougher to defend. Business decisions go out the window in the Super Bowl. Don’t get me wrong I love Cam but I love my Panthers too. It stung. That was a great year for Cam though and he basically led a WR group of nobodies to tbe Super Bowl. The potential that I dreamed of was validated that year. 

Maybe I’m just an old timer kind of guy but I love seeing execution of the game as if it’s one’s craft. In that, I think  Cam still has some growing to do, and he will be a liability again if he doesn’t mature up. Never in the world have I had a problem with tbe first down signal, but when he is doing the first down signal during the heart of the two minute offense, I think that is completely foreign to the game that I have always known. That took off five seconds from the clock and apparently Rivera was unaware that Cam was going to showboat a little and was forced to call a very late timeout. That could’ve been avoided. Professionals that respect the game would have got back into the huddle and continued fighting for their teammates. McCaffrey, and the D played their asses off that game. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

In that, I think  Cam still has some growing to do, a

Yep.....but I'm thinking the Cam we see now is the Cam we will see in the future....he is who he is..had better part of ten years to "mature" and I don't see it happening.....

We were Dee Ford and the refs away from the Saints and the Chiefs. Maybe this game is a version of “ball don’t lie.”

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching Brandon king and Johnathan Jones on ESPN right now....King's chain is so big lol. Not good enough to start here but an integral part of the Patriots.....😂😂😂 I laugh to keep from crying..I hope they don't talk about that

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm watching Brandon king and Johnathan Jones on ESPN right now....King's chain is so big lol. Not good enough to start here but an integral part of the Patriots.....😂😂😂 I laugh to keep from crying..I hope they don't talk about that

You gotta wonder, though, how much success they'd have at most other NFL teams. Belichick built his dynasty on no-name guys. Not saying we couldn't have used them more but it would be a lot more interesting to me if they were doing this for literally any other NFL team. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You gotta wonder, though, how much success they'd have at most other NFL teams. Belichick built his dynasty on no-name guys. Not saying we couldn't have used them more but it would be a lot more interesting to me if they were doing this for literally any other NFL team. 

He REALLY values king. Never let him go. I know Jones would be a steal and fortunately we didn't mess that up and we played him. He's one of my favorite corners. My all time favorite is my homie Zack. Then powers.

I used to always wonder why king didn't play more, fast enough to play safety physical enough to play linebacker....never made sense to me. Physically he was a freak, I think he could play with anybody. Just my opinion though

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He REALLY values king. Never let him go. I know Jones would be a steal and fortunately we didn't mess that up and we played him. He's one of my favorite corners. My all time favorite is my homie Zack. Then powers.

I used to always wonder why king didn't play more, fast enough to play safety physical enough to play linebacker....never made sense to me. Physically he was a freak, I think he could play with anybody. Just my opinion though

Man, it seems like we had great corners for so long. Glad we're trending back towards the good. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Figured that would happen.  Didn't have much of a choice with that fan base. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roc Thomas arrested in Minnesota on weed charges....large enough quantity to be a felony.....Amazingly, al.com made scant mention of his AU connection in the article.    Vikings management very unhappy...as expected.

Roc Thomas facing marijuana charges in Minnesota

A former Alabama Mr. Football has a March 18 court date after being charged with felony possession of a controlled substance in Minnesota.

KSTP-TV in Saint Paul, Minnesota, reported former Oxford High School and Jacksonville State standout Roc Thomas had been charged with fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported on Wednesday afternoon that the Minnesota Vikings running back had been arrested on Jan. 16 at his apartment in Mendota Heights, Minnesota. According to the court records, officers executing a search warrant found 143.28 grams (about 5 ounces) of marijuana and $15,802 in cash.

In Minnesota, possession of more than 42.5 grams of marijuana is considered a felony punishable by as many as five years in prison.

“We are aware of the charges filed against Roc Thomas,” read a statement released by the Vikings, “and have expressed our disappointment directly to Roc for his actions. We will respect both the legal process and the NFL’s disciplinary process.”

Thomas was Alabama's Mr. Football in 2013, when he also won the Class 6A Back of the Year Award at Oxford.

Thomas played two seasons at Auburn before transferring to Jacksonville State, where he earned All-Ohio Valley Conference recognition in both his seasons with the Gamecocks.

An undrafted rookie in 2018, Thomas played in five of the Vikings' first nine games before finishing the season on Minnesota's practice squad. Thomas ran for 30 yards on eight carries -- with a long run of 23 yards. He also caught two passes for 21 yards, returned a kickoff for 20 yards and made four tackles on special teams.

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Roc Thomas arrested in Minnesota on weed charges....large enough quantity to be a felony.....Amazingly, al.com made scant mention of his AU connection in the article.    Vikings management very unhappy...as expected.

Hah! The Vikes won't ever touch a guy with Auburn connections again. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

What led to this comment by Snead?

I honestly cannot even find the article now.😔

NFL general manager a believer in Gus Malzahn

The Los Angeles Rams are trying to find a way to get back to the Super Bowl after losing to the New England Patriots in February.

Auburn is trying to get back to the SEC Championship and beyond under Gus Malzahn, who has helped lead the Tigers to two national championship games over the last nine seasons as an offensive coordinator or head coach.

Rams general manager Les Snead, an Auburn alum, attended the Tigers' Pro Day and told Auburn247 he has faith Malzahn will get Auburn back to the promise land.

"Huge fan, always been a fan of Gus," Snead said. "Let’s go back to since he’s been a part of Auburn football, we’ve played for the national championship. I always feel bad about — not this past season, but the year before where you end up beating probably the two teams that played for the title back to back (Alabama and Georgia), and then you probably had one too many heavyweight fights in a row. You might finish third in the country, but it’s those moments. But Auburn football is in good hands."

— Brandon Marcello

Edited by aujeff11
Found it
  • Thanks 1

Chiefs ticking me off with this one.

Hope baker can reign in OBJ as well.  I think he can, unlike Eli.

Edited by Maverick.AU

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Chiefs ticking me off with this one.

Hope baker can reign in OBJ as well.  I think he can, unlike Eli.

Having college teammate Jarvis Landry with him should help, too. 

I hate it for Ford. Won’t have the chance to redeem himself for the Chiefs.

• Like 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Having college teammate Jarvis Landry with him should help, too. 

I hate it for Ford. Won’t have the chance to redeem himself for the Chiefs.

It seems anybody who makes a mistake, that costs a game is becoming very expendable lately, regardless of talent.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It seems anybody who makes a mistake, that costs a game is becoming very expendable lately, regardless of talent.

It’s pretty messed up. I know they have a new scheme and also cut Justin Houston, but tbeir loyalties are reserved for nobody. It’s like if the Bears were cutting an otherwise accurate Parkey.

• Like 1