Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Never saw that. I will say this though. If NFL related stuff on AU alum does get posted in the AU football forum it will get to stay there. I'll probably copy the posts so they will be in both places in that case.

This represents a major change in policy for which I am very grateful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Awesome for Casanova he's one of my favorites. Hope DWill can make it too. It's always interesting seeing guys moved to different positions once they hit the pros. I wonder if any college coaches would be humble enough to speak with friends in the pro and see how they view a prospects potential. Ideally, you would want to put the guys in the same position that NFL scouts feel they should be (though not all agree there as well and you have to do what's best for the team ultimately).

Side note: when you post stuff can you click the "paste as plain text" option so it doesn't show up so large lol. Appreciate the sharing.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This represents a major change in policy for which I am very grateful. 

Agreed, though I'm always appalled at the lack of interest in players once they leave us. I get not being an NFL fan, I don't really have a team I'm truly loyal to, but I legitimately watch the games just to see some of my favorite Auburn guys succeed! 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Agreed, though I'm always appalled at the lack of interest in players once they leave us. I get not being an NFL fan, I don't really have a team I'm truly loyal to, but I legitimately watch the games just to see some of my favorite Auburn guys succeed! 

Brother, I think you and I could have a long chat about fans and players. But I'll just vigorously nod my head at your comment and let it go. 

Nothing better than seeing our dudes do it on the next level! It's actually the best part of the NFL preseason for me, especially this year with Stidham getting so many minutes for the Patriots and making the absolute most of them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Brother, I think you and I could have a long chat about fans and players. But I'll just vigorously nod my head at your comment and let it go. 

Nothing better than seeing our dudes do it on the next level! It's actually the best part of the NFL preseason for me, especially this year with Stidham getting so many minutes for the Patriots and making the absolute most of them. 

Oh yeah, seeing Stidham succeed after catching so much crap is awesome. I critiqued him heavily too (at one point I firmly believe he was just looking out for himself but at the beginning of the year the OL made his life hell). When I saw the Patriots draft him I thought it was about as good of a fit as he could find.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Oh yeah, seeing Stidham succeed after catching so much crap is awesome. I critiqued him heavily too (at one point I firmly believe he was just looking out for himself but at the beginning of the year the OL made his life hell). When I saw the Patriots draft him I thought it was about as good of a fit as he could find.

My thoughts exactly, going all the way back to last summer. I had issues with the guy, but he seems like a good dude and he could have slayed here if the offense around him- starting at the top- had been more competent. And now he's in the perfect place. All McDaniels and Belichik need is a guy who will make the right reads and the right throws. His mobility is gravy for them. He's not Tom Brady but I could totally see him sticking as the heir apparent and I will 100% be pulling for him. My wife and in-laws are all Patriots fans, so I will really need him to succeed if he does stay there, lol. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

zo.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Nice to see Ford get an upgrade from the Cards.

Tremendous upgrade. I like Rudy Ford at safety too.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My thoughts exactly, going all the way back to last summer. I had issues with the guy, but he seems like a good dude and he could have slayed here if the offense around him- starting at the top- had been more competent. And now he's in the perfect place. All McDaniels and Belichik need is a guy who will make the right reads and the right throws. His mobility is gravy for them. He's not Tom Brady but I could totally see him sticking as the heir apparent and I will 100% be pulling for him. My wife and in-laws are all Patriots fans, so I will really need him to succeed if he does stay there, lol. 

Yeah, I know @bigbird agrees with me as we both mentioned this a few times but how, with last years team makeup, do you not go 5 wide and use short-intermediate passing to open up running lanes. It's counter-intuitive for Gus but that team was built to be a borderline air raid/pro style offense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Yeah, I know @bigbird agrees with me as we both mentioned this a few times but how, with last years team makeup, do you not go 5 wide and use short-intermediate passing to open up running lanes. It's counter-intuitive for Gus but that team was built to be a borderline air raid/pro style offense.

Too bad our WRs couldn't block well enough. /s

• Haha 1

Saw this on another board:

Cam Newton will be starting and it'll be his first game action this preseason. It will be interesting in seeing his arm strength and throwing motion after surgery, but so far all camp reviews have been positive. It's iffy if Brady will play tonight and if he does Stidham will likely play only the fourth quarter. If Brady doesn't play expect Stidham to play at least two quarters.

This may be the first time former AU QBs have played in the same NFL game, regular or exhibition.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Saw this on another board:

Cam Newton will be starting and it'll be his first game action this preseason. It will be interesting in seeing his arm strength and throwing motion after surgery, but so far all camp reviews have been positive. It's iffy if Brady will play tonight and if he does Stidham will likely play only the fourth quarter. If Brady doesn't play expect Stidham to play at least two quarters.

This may be the first time former AU QBs have played in the same NFL game, regular or exhibition.

Wow! That would be awesome! There’s a few AU guys in that matchup. 

4 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Absolutely! Especially since you can expect Eifert to miss at least 10 games a year.

• Like 1

GOT DAMNIT MAN!!!!!!! Cam just limped off the field and then went to the locker room. Already sacked 2 times in this game and it was not even a quarter of action. That Panthers line stays being atrocious and putting Cams health in jeopardy SMH.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

GOT DAMNIT MAN!!!!!!! Cam just limped off the field and then went to the locker room. Already sacked 2 times in this game and it was not even a quarter of action. That Panthers line stays being atrocious and putting Cams health in jeopardy SMH.

One of the most valuable commodities in the game and they refuse to protect him. Unreal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, aujeff11 said:

I put Stidham losing his wits on the OL early on. I’m happy for Stidham. He’s got an NFL future. As long as he stays protected fairly well ( like Brady) he will be a star.

Notice tonight that JS is still quick to duck his head as soon as he sees a defensive player resulting in sacks inside the red zone. .   

Meanwhile Cam with a foot injury...boy if it's serious the Panther's season is over before it begins...

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Notice tonight that JS is still quick to duck his head as soon as he sees a defensive player resulting in sacks inside the red zone. .   

Yep. I bet that was familiar. :yes: