Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hope you make 5 FGS tonight! Let's go Fantasy Kicker Ace of mine.  You were a fantasy 7th round pick. I have faith in you sir!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Darn rain delay argh

Oh and Cam got the first down 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Browning4AU said:

Cam looks like 💩

Killing me on fantasy right now.  Just glad I picked up Slye before the game.  My kicker has more points than the QB

Cam must still be bothered by the foot because no way does he not run the ball on 4th and .5 yard.  No rushing yards in 2 weeks for Cam.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Hate to say it but it's time to bench Cam....At least for a bit until he gets hisself together.

If Grier showed more in preseason, I don't think it would be much debate.  The backup has been a disappointment all off season, so they may think Cam is still the best option.  I agree he needs to get that foot well.  

In fantasy, no doubt. Without the running element, Cam is a much different value in fantasy. I'm ticked I didn't play Brees this week. I just really thought Cam would score a couple of TDs against TB.  It was a great matchup but I thought he was healthy. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

If Grier showed more in preseason, I don't think it would be much debate.  The backup has been a disappointment all off season, so they may think Cam is still the best option.  I agree he needs to get that foot well.  

In fantasy, no doubt. Without the running element, Cam is a much different value in fantasy. I'm ticked I didn't play Brees this week. I just really thought Cam would score a couple of TDs against TB.  It was a great matchup but I thought he was healthy. 

Shoot he can't even make routine throws without laboring. I don't see it getting better. Hate to see it. Long season ahead.

Detroit Lions running back Kerryon Johnson almost didn't catch the football when quarterback Matt Stafford flipped it out to him in the first quarter of an NFL game against the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday.

“I better catch it,” Johnson recalled thinking, “because if you drop it and then you look up and see the whole open lane, you’re like, ‘That’s it for me. I have to walk off the field now.’ You have to catch it. You have to recover.”

Johnson did get a handle on the football, then he motored through the "open lane" for a 36-yard touchdown -- the longest reception of his NFL career -- in the Lions' 13-10 victory.

The former Madison Academy standout ran for 41 yards on 12 carries and caught two passes for 47 yards against the Chargers.

His first touchdown of the 2019 was the first one of the game for the Lions, coming with 4:10 left in the first quarter. A missed extra-point kick kept Detroit from tying the score.

The Lions took the lead on an eight-play, 69-yard drive that resulted in a touchdown with 7:21 remaining in the game. Johnson started the series with a 4-yard run and an 11-yard reception.

“Again, like last week, I missed one or two runs that should have been 10-plus-yard runs,” Johnson said. “I have to break a little bit more tackles. Our O-line is doing what they can do. We’re playing against some heavy, good defenders down there, so I have to do my part of breaking a few more tackles and get those big runs. But it’s coming, and when it does, we will all be happy about it.”

The Lions tied the Arizona Cardinals in their season-opening game last week, so Detroit has a 1-0-1 mark.

Johnson was among the 16 former Auburn players who got on the field on the second Sunday of the NFL’s 100th season.

In the other Sunday games:

Buffalo Bills 28, New York Giants 14

· Giants guard Chad Slade (Moody) was designated as inactive

· Giants wide receiver Darius Slayton was designated as inactive.

Dallas Cowboys 31, Washington Redskins 21

· Cassanova McKinzy (Woodlawn) played but did not record any stats.

Indianapolis Colts 19, Tennessee Titans 17

· Titans linebacker Daren Bates made one tackle on special teams and lined up at fullback in goal-line situations.

· Braden Smith started at right offensive tackle for the Colts.

Houston Texans 13, Jacksonville Jaguars 12

· Angelo Blackson started at defensive end for the Texans. Blackson made four tackles, including one behind the line of scrimmage.

· Jaguars defensive tackle Dontavius Russell played but did not record any stats.

Kansas City Chiefs 28, Oakland Raiders 10

· Raiders place-kicker Daniel Carlson made his 17th consecutive field-goal attempt by connecting on a 29-yarder for the first points of the game with 10:21 left in the first quarter. Carlson had only one more kick -- an extra point that gave Oakland a 10-0 lead with 4:46 left in the first quarter.

Green Bay Packers 21, Minnesota Vikings 16

· Montravius Adams started at defensive end for the Packers. Adams made one tackle.

New England Patriots 43, Miami Dolphins 0

· Patriots defensive lineman Byron Cowart made one tackle.

· Dolphins fullback Chandler Cox played but did not record any stats.

· Jonathan Jones started at free safety for the Patriots after starting at nickelback in New England's season-opening game last week. Jones made four tackles and broke up a pass against the Dolphins.

· Patriots quarterback Jarrett Stidham did not play.

Atlanta Falcons 24, Philadelphia Eagles 20

· Eagles safety Rudy Ford (New Hope) made a special-teams tackle.

· Falcons long snapper Josh Harris handled the snaps on three punts, three extra-point kicks and two field-goal attempts.

San Francisco 49ers 41, Cincinnati Bengals 17

· Dee Ford (St. Clair County) started at left defensive end for the 49ers. Ford made one tackle.

· Bengals defensive end Carl Lawson made one tackle before leaving the game with a hamstring injury.

· C.J. Uzomah started at tight end for the Bengals. Uzomah did not record any stats.

Seattle Seahawks 28, Pittsburgh Steelers 26

· Seahawks cornerback Nieko Thorpe was designated as inactive after suffering a hamstring injury in the season-opening game last week.

The second week of the season started with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 20-14 victory over the Carolina Panthers. Peyton Barber ran for 82 yards and a touchdown for the Bucs.

The second week of the NFL's 2019 season concludes on Monday when the Cleveland Browns visit the New York Jets at 7:15 p.m. CDT. ESPN will televise the game.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Well how about that...

I hope he makes them all,  including a game winner on Sunday in Minnesota. 

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I hope he makes them all,  including a game winner on Sunday in Minnesota. 

Me too..sweet sweet revenge.