Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

On 1/24/2020 at 12:42 PM, steeleagle said:

I think Marlon is a tweener(DL/DE), and teams don't take chances on tweeners in the first round. These kind of players are 2nd or even possible 3rd round.

Plus there are a LOT of defensive players that are legit 1st rounders and so it's very crowded probably pushing Marlon out.

I think it will be a travesty if Marlon doesn’t go in the first round.  We know Derrick Brown is a sure first rounder but Marlon shows up every day and is 100% every play.  He’s the type of guy you want as a leader and that is bound to come out when the pro teams watch film.  I sure would never sell him short after watching him these past few years.  He pretty much started every game from the time he came on campus.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

49ers announce extension with Shon Coleman

Charean Williams

The 49ers announced a one-year extension with offensive tackle Shon Coleman.

San Francisco originally acquired him in a trade with the Browns on Aug. 31, 2018.

Coleman, 28, spent last season on injured reserve.

He has appeared in 23 games with 16 starts in his four-year career since the Browns made him a third-round choice.

Coleman started all 16 games for the Browns in 2017.

• Like 1

Tbh I already knew. Forcing the man out. I’m cool. I go wherever he goes. Edit: Except New England (which isn’t happening anyway)

59E97696-8015-4403-8A6B-8BF8B90768E9.jpeg

Edited by WFE12

I just hope Cam goes where there is an Oline to block. Then watch him shred. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Yes lol

I think a lot of people share your thoughts on the matter. As in, most of the country.

I married into a Massachusetts family. It's a blessing and a curse. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I think a lot of people share your thoughts on the matter. As in, most of the country.

OOF that’s like marrying into a tide family

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

OOF that’s like marrying into a tide family

Nah, no way. People in New England have teeth, educations and branches on their family trees.

I just hope he ends up anywhere but Chicago or Minnesota. If he did, I’d have to root against him. 😕

I’d actually be fine with NE. He could spend a few years as a mentor to Stidham, who I think could really develop a lot working with Cam.

16 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I just hope Cam goes where there is an Oline to block. Then watch him shred. 

You got that right. I've been screaming for years for the Panthers to shore up their offensive line to protect Cam and to help with the running game. I remember thinking "You gotta be kidding me" a few years back when they brought in Michael Oher (of "The Blind Side" fame) after Oher was released by the Tennessee Titans.

I don't know where Cam ends up but I hope like hell it's with a team that just needs a talented QB to really be in contention. Cam, if he's completely healthy and has a coach willing to use the unique and awesome skill set that Newton brings to the QB position can put a team over the top.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

McKennedy? 

Edited by gr82be
  • Haha 1

Patriots veteran finds a lot to like about ‘Stiddy’ at quarterback

Today 5:30 AM

By Mark Inabinett | minabinett@al.com

One of the senior members of the New England Patriots thinks Jarrett Stidham has what it takes to be a successful quarterback in the NFL.

“We do our part for Stiddy because we try to pick him off as much as we can in practice,” Patriots safety Devin McCourty said on the “Double Coverage with the McCourty Twins” podcast. “I’m always making fun of Stiddy, so I try to make sure the young quarterback’s game-ready when he gets out there.”

A rookie from Auburn, Stidham served as Tom Brady’s backup during the 2019 NFL season. An unrestricted free agent this offseason, Brady left New England after 20 seasons and six Super Bowl championships and signed a two-year contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week.

Stidham took 15 regular-season snaps as a rookie. A 10-year veteran and two-time Pro Bowler, McCourty saw plenty of Stidham during practice, though, and the defensive captain said the quarterback showed him a lot while preparing the Patriots defense with the scout-team offense.

“I think to me the best thing for Stiddy was he had to go against our defense every week,” McCourty said. “He didn’t have it easy. It wasn’t like he was just running our offense. For one, he had to go off cards, and then for any quarterback who knows when you have (coach) Bill (Belichick), you go off the cards, but then Bill tells you: ‘But be a smart football player. Don’t do something that’s dumb.’ So Stiddy had it tough because he had Bill yelling at him about protection, about what to do, what our offense would do, but then Bill would come back and say, ‘Well, they don’t do that, so do it this way.’ And then he had all of us screaming, talking trash to him, so I love his poise. Stiddy out there, I would be faking a blitz sometimes and we’d make eye contact and he’d just start smiling and laughing.

“To me, there were weeks when he was just on point, and those were some of our best weeks as a defense, mainly because Stiddy ate us up in practice leading up to the game and I think put more pressure on us, so I really admire just how hard he works.

“And then I’ve gotten to know him off the field as well. He’s a really good guy. Young guy, but very mature. He’s married. Does all the good things. So I think the Stidhams are going to be in New England for a long time.”

Stidham won the backup job from Brian Hoyer last year. Hoyer spent the 2019 season with the Indianapolis Colts. When he was released after the Colts signed Philip Rivers, the Patriots signed Hoyer on Sunday.

Quarterback Cody Kessler also was with New England last season and remains on the roster.

“Us two as older guys, you appreciate having that type of experience in a locker room, and more importantly, in your position room,” said Patriots cornerback Jason McCourty, an 11-year veteran. “I think -- we call him Stiddy -- for Stidham and Brian and Cody, all those guys we have in the room right now, it’s a wealth of knowledge.

“Cody Kessler is not an old quarterback, but he’s a guy, I was with him in Cleveland with the Browns, and if you play for Cleveland for multiple years, you’ve had multiple coaches, so that adds some experience to it, and then he’s played in Jacksonville and Philly and now in New England, and so that’s a guy that’s been around different coaches, different experiences.

“And, obviously, Hoyer, he’s been on different teams. He’s started, he been a backup, he’s played multiple roles, so I think all of those guys will have their own perspective that they bring to the room that will help bolster one another.”

Hoyer has played in 11 NFL seasons. Devin McCourty said he thought being re-united with Hoyer would be good for Stidham.

“He just has a veteran presence,” McCourty said. “He’s played on multiple teams. He knows our offense very well. I think he’ll bring experience and his knowledge. If you ask him to go out there and play, he’s going to compete at a high level, or if it’s coaching up young quarterbacks, I think he’s the guy that’s going to be very necessary to have in our locker room.”

With Brady gone, it might be assumed Stidham would inherit the top job, but Jason McCourty said he’d have to earn the starting spot.

“There’s going to be competition on our team throughout,” McCourty said. “I don’t think the quarterback position’s going to be any different. Different guys are going to be competing, and the best man will be taking the snaps from under center.”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paladin said:

So happy for him and the career he's carving out. He could bounce from committee to committee for years to come and stay healthy with the diminished carries. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Paladin said:

Making some pretty good money for himself. I hope he is saving and investing for his future

Daniel Carlson looking forward to kicking in ‘the Death Star’

Today 5:30 AM

By Mark Inabinett | minabinett@al.com

When Daniel Carlson got to Oakland during the 2018 season, the former Auburn All-American became the fourth Raiders’ kicker that year.

“When I first came into the Raiders facility, (running back Marshawn Lynch) was on IR,” Carlson said during an appearance on the “Fourth Down Experience” podcast with Brian Jackson and Chris Husby, “so he would come by every once in a while for rehab and just to check in with the doctors and stuff. I came in, and I think I was the third or fourth kicker at that point that the Raiders had picked up, so he was just joking with me, and he said, ‘Oh, you’re the new kicker. I can’t learn your name because you never know. These kickers keep going in and out.’”

But Carlson is still with the Raiders, although not in Oakland. The NFL team will play its 2020 home schedule in Las Vegas.

“I think it’s super-exciting,” Carlson said. “This stadium looks like the Death Star. It’s beautiful, and it’s going to be awesome just playing in that environment, and then the practice facilities and everything are going to be brand new. I think, obviously, we’re very excited about that. The city, I think, is very excited. It’s a unique place where, hopefully, a lot of fans are going to want to fly in, visit and, hopefully, we’ll have a new, good local fan base as well. In addition, hopefully, the Oakland fans transition and whether they drive or fly or however they get there. I’m sure there’s a lot of excitement around the transition. I know the players and the coaches and everybody’s really excited about the future of the Raiders.”

Carlson joined the Raiders after being cut by the Minnesota Vikings.

While at Auburn, Carlson set an SEC career record with 92 field goals, and he made all 198 of his extra-point attempts. With his 20-yard touchdown run on a field-goal fake in the 2016 season added to his total, Carlson scored a conference-record 480 points.

The Vikings used a fifth-round choice in the 2018 NFL Draft to obtain him.

But when Carlson missed three field-goal attempts, including two in overtime and one on the last snap of the game, in an overtime tie with the Green Bay Packers in his second NFL outing, Minnesota released him.

Picked up by Oakland six games into the 2018 season, Carlson solved the Raiders’ kicking woes by making 16-of-17 field-goal attempts, including his final 15, and all 18 of his extra-point kicks.

In the first seven games of the 2019 season, Carlson made 6-of-7 field-goal attempts and all 19 of his extra-point kicks. The rest of the season, though, he missed six of his 19 field-goal attempts and also misfired on two extra-point kicks.

“It kind of was a cool blessing in disguise just how God worked that into my journey and my path,” Carlson said about being cut by the Vikings and landing with the Raiders. “It was really exciting. I loved being a part of the Oakland Raiders that year, kind of rebuilding that team with coach (Jon) Gruden in the direction we were trying to head.

“This past year, personally, wasn’t necessarily as good a year as I would have wanted, but I think the team continued to grow and you could see that they were taking steps in the right direction. And now we’re going to be transitioning to Las Vegas, so I think things are timing up well where it’s going to be exciting next year, and, hopefully, we make a good playoff push and – who knows? – Super Bowl in the future.”

With two games left in the 2019 season, Gruden gave Carlson a vote of confidence during a press conference.

“We’re going to see this kid kick himself out of it,” Gruden said. “This is a great kid. He’s got a great amount of talent. I saw him hit 15 in a row last year, and I got a lot of faith in this guy.”

Carlson said he appreciates Gruden’s confidence in him.

“Coach Gruden’s definitely a player’s coach,” Carlson said. “Whether if I’ve been doing well, he’s been very good to compliment me and talk about me in front of the team, too. I think that’s always important to acknowledge your work because sometimes even in the NFL, special teams, you’re kind of isolated. It means a lot coming from a head coach in the NFL, so I think that’s always been really cool.

“And I think even when I struggled this past year here, he’s always stuck by me and put his confidence in me. That means a lot to a younger kicker as he’s going through the league. … If you’re competing for a playoff spot, the margin of error is pretty small, so to see him let me develop as a young kicker and trust in me and trust me in the future with the Las Vegas Raiders is pretty exciting.”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mock draft of what I would do and not what I think will happen. Assuming there are no trades (because that gets too hectic to do with yourself).

Round 1

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow / QB / LSU

Simple pick and he should be one of the safest picks with some decent weapons already around him. Ideally he sits behind Dalton even if it's only for a few games. Bring him up to speed, make sure the OL is ready, and then let him shine.

2. Redskins - Chase Young / DE / Ohio State

Don't like this pick but if I can't trade back to accumulate more then this is the choice. Put him opposite Jonathan Allen and with Montez Sweat at SLB you have a heck of a pass rush. Still, they should be concerned about his 3 games without production and his poor choices that lead to a suspension.

3. Lions - Derrick Brown / DT / Auburn

Unlike the media-loved Chase Young, Derrick Brown never missed playing time for inappropriate decisions and didn't disappear on any of his tape. The Lions should take the true #1 defensive player in this draft. Ignore all the pundits telling you to take Okudah (essentially only helps against the pass). Anchor your DL down and in the process make life easier on your secondary.

4. Giants - Tristan Wirfs / OT / Iowa

A lot of people say talented Isaiah Simmons is  a lock here. However, it seems like the Giants need to protect what is currently going well for them. They believe Daniel Jones is the future and Saquon is the face of the franchise; protect those investments with whoever your favorite OT is in this draft. This is another team where, if there's interest, should likely consider trading back and gaining more picks. Hopefully Gettleman has learned after boning Cam's career that OTs are important.

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa / QB / Alabama

There is a LOT of smoke out there suggesting the Dolphins will go with Herbert instead. This could be a way of keeping the Chargers from trading up. Regardless, for the Dolphins Tua is worth the risk. They historically passed on Drew Brees because of injury concerns and I think that decision will reverberate through their minds when weighing their options. Frankly, Herbert seems like another Stafford/Matt Ryan type who has the potential to post good numbers but never a trophy. Plus, the phins have the luxury of having Fitzpatrick (a serviceable bridge) AND  Josh Rosen who is still young and has never been given a legitimate chance to succeed in the NFL; he was widely accepted as a first round talent once upon a time. Not to mention a player like Tua would help sell tickets!

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert / QB / Oregon

The ownership likes Tyrod Taylor but it would seem foolish to pass on Herbert here. It would also seem foolish to attempt to trade up for Tua. Herbert is a somewhat local guy with all the tangibles. He gets to learn behind a veteran and the Chargers can continue to gain weapons over the next season or two to help him shine. Don't lose picks getting into a trade war with the Dolphins.

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons / LB / Clemson

Lots of needs. Terrible management. No marketable players outside of CMC now that Luke/Cam/Olsen/Bradbeerry/Reid/and both starting DTs are all gone. Simmons fills a lot of needs and is a local talent. He interviews well and brings that all-over-the-field presence Carolina has been spoiled with during Kuechley's tenure. It's my firm belief that the Panthers are or should be tanking this upcoming season with the hopes of getting either Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. Mayber Bridgewater shines but with that OL I'm doubtful.

8. Cardinals - Mekhi Becton / OT / Louisville

Simply put, take your favorite OT. Kyler Murray has potential but needs much better protection.

9. Jaguars - Javon Kinlaw / DT / South Carolina

This is a tough pick. Jaguar's star DE Ngakoue is openly tweeting at the owner that he's a coward and ducking his calls for a trade; if Khan is smart he'll move Ngakoue for an additional first round pick to take a new edge rusher to pair with young Josh Allen. However, assuming Ngakoue is stuck for the time being, having Kinlaw/Allen/Ngakoue on the same DL sounds exciting for "SAXonville". Hell, bring in Clowney on a one year "prove it" deal.

10. Browns - Andrew Thompson / OT / Georgia

Take the best tackle possible. It's been shown Mayfield can succeed when he isn't pressured.

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills / OT / Alabama

This sucks for the Buccaneers as Wills is essentially the last Round 1 quality OT. However, the Jets need to protect Darnold (they looked awful during his mano incident while he was gone) and try to open up more lanes for the ever expensive , yet unproductive, Leveon Bell. There's a fair argument to be made for taking a WR here especially with departure of Ashford but protection is key.

12. Raiders - Jeffrey Okudah / CB / Ohio State

This won't happen unfortunately for the Raiders. Still, I love this slide for Las Vegas. Yes I know some teams refuse to draft for need but up till this point need & value seemed to match up. The Best Player Available strategy is cute in the later rounds but right now you have to fill holes with the best talent. I digress, Okudah is a huge get for a team that has invested a lot of youth in the front 7 but is still lacking on the back-end. 

13. 49ers - CJ Henderson / CB / Florida

The pool of corners is much more shallow than that of receivers and the 49ers have another first round pick to go WR with.

14. Buccaneers - Josh Jones / OT / Houston

This was actually a hard pick for me. If the Bucs don't have true top tier OT they believe in at this pick and no receivers have come off the board here it might be interesting. Imagine pairing Brady with Mike Evans Chris Godwin and then your WR3 is one of the following: Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs/Jefferson. Still, protecting the rather non-mobile old GOAT is more imperative.

15. Broncos - Jerry Jeudy / WR / Alabama

People love the speed of Ruggs but Jeudy is a more polished receiver who can play both inside and outside. He's the best well-rounded receiver with the least amount of improvement needed to have an instant impact.

16. Falcons - K'Lavon Chaisson / DE / LSU

This is the first pick where I didn't look at the team's primary need (corner). Chaisson is a top 15 talent whereas the next best corner is a bubble late first-to-second round talent. Frankly, the Falcons need to be looking for Matt Ryan's eventual replacement; he's been surrounded by talent with nothing to really show for it.

17. Cowboys - Xavier McKinney / S / Alabama

They have a few needs on defense, particularly at the edge rusher position, but McKinney is too good to pass up on here. There are some corners worth snagging in the second round but to find a true edge rusher the Cowboys may need to either trade up or look for DE's that can be traded for draft picks (Chandler Jones or the aforementioned Ngakoue).

18. Dolphins - Isaiah Williams / OT / Georgia

Not an ideal OT for the Dolphins but if you're going to take Tua then it's imperative he's well protected. Taking Grant Delpit here would be really tempting for the defense.

19. Raiders - Henry Ruggs III / WR / Alabama

Al Davis' ghost would immediately select Ruggs with no hesitation; that man loved pure speed. Derek Carr isn't horrendous like some insist and Mariotta being brought in all but guarantee that using this pick on a QB would be career suicide.

20. Jaguars - Grant Delpit / S / LSU

Again, corner would be nice for the Jags but they can't pass up another big need in safety. Delpit brings even more fire to a defense that's reloading.

21. Eagles - CeeDee Lamb / WR / Oklahoma

The Eagles would absolutely need to change their pants if CD fell this far. It's no secret they're taking a receiver at this pick regardless but CD is potentially the best in the class at RAC. He's sharp on making people miss and versatile in where he can line up. His routes could use a little cleaning up but he's a solid weapon for the philly's.

22. Vikings - Justin Jefferson / WR / LSU

Losing Diggs to a trade signals the need for a receiver and after Jefferson there's a solid drop off at the position. Even though he's a first round pick I think Jefferson might be one of the most under-hyped receivers entering the draft.

23. Patriots - Denzel Mims / WR / Baylor

Big bodied receiver to compliment the slew of slot receivers the Pats always hoard. Some think Jordan Love here but he just isn't a player I can picture in that system. Plus, every bit of news about Stidham seems to imply there is a confidence among the staff and players that he can be the guy. So, get him a weapon to throw to!

24. Saints - Patrick Queen / LB / LSU

If you can't tell I love local picks. This one just happens to be the smart pick as well. The Saints badly need a leader at the LB position and the best LB available happens to be a local guy with an insanely high football IQ.

25. Vikings - Kristian Fulton / CB / LSU

Frankly, I prefer Fulton over Henderson but he's still available and the Vikings fill their second biggest need.

26. Dolphins - Cesar Ruiz / IOL / Michigan

Can play Center or Guard, played against solid competition, and helps sure up the OL to protect Tua. Yes, I have them using all 3 first round picks on offense but I think it's imperative to do so. Luckily, the RB depth in this draft isn't half bad so there's still time to pickup a solid RB and help at WR as well.

27. Seahawks - Ezra Cleveland / OT / Boise State

He's actually a sleeper at OT that a lot of analyst love. Seahawks really need an interior offensive lineman too but they're not as hard to find. Others may go edge rusher here but, again, it's all about protecting the face of the franchise especially as they get older.

28. Ravens - Kenneth Murray / LB / Oklahoma

Absolutely LOVE this pick. Great fit for their scheme and he is an excellent prototype of what a Baltimore linebacker should be. Hard hitting downhill runner with a solid football IQ and fire in the belly.

29. Titans - Yetur Gross-Matos / DE / Penn State

Tempting to go OT here and protect the investment made into Tannehill. However, the Titans really need help on the edge and the value likely isn't there for the next best OT to be taken at this point in the draft.

30. Packers - Jalen Reagor / WR / TCU

Not a big fan of Reagor but Rodgers' time is getting shorter and he needs more weapons to do the maximum damage. The early part of the Packers draft should be focused on helping Rodgers get the most out of his offense moving forward.

31. 49ers - Neville Gallimore / DL / Oklahoma

Not a receiver valuable enough at this spot. Add to your deadly DL and make it even more difficult to deal with the talented edge rushers.

32. Chiefs - D'Andre Swift / RB / Georgia

Personally, take a corner here. But! It would be extremely fun watching this already explosive offense with Swift in the backfield as well.

On 4/20/2020 at 4:08 PM, Zeek said:

Mock draft of what I would do and not what I think will happen. Assuming there are no trades (because that gets too hectic to do with yourself).

Round 1

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow / QB / LSU

Simple pick and he should be one of the safest picks with some decent weapons already around him. Ideally he sits behind Dalton even if it's only for a few games. Bring him up to speed, make sure the OL is ready, and then let him shine.

2. Redskins - Chase Young / DE / Ohio State

Don't like this pick but if I can't trade back to accumulate more then this is the choice. Put him opposite Jonathan Allen and with Montez Sweat at SLB you have a heck of a pass rush. Still, they should be concerned about his 3 games without production and his poor choices that lead to a suspension.

3. Lions - Derrick Brown / DT / Auburn

Unlike the media-loved Chase Young, Derrick Brown never missed playing time for inappropriate decisions and didn't disappear on any of his tape. The Lions should take the true #1 defensive player in this draft. Ignore all the pundits telling you to take Okudah (essentially only helps against the pass). Anchor your DL down and in the process make life easier on your secondary.

4. Giants - Tristan Wirfs / OT / Iowa

A lot of people say talented Isaiah Simmons is  a lock here. However, it seems like the Giants need to protect what is currently going well for them. They believe Daniel Jones is the future and Saquon is the face of the franchise; protect those investments with whoever your favorite OT is in this draft. This is another team where, if there's interest, should likely consider trading back and gaining more picks. Hopefully Gettleman has learned after boning Cam's career that OTs are important.

5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa / QB / Alabama

There is a LOT of smoke out there suggesting the Dolphins will go with Herbert instead. This could be a way of keeping the Chargers from trading up. Regardless, for the Dolphins Tua is worth the risk. They historically passed on Drew Brees because of injury concerns and I think that decision will reverberate through their minds when weighing their options. Frankly, Herbert seems like another Stafford/Matt Ryan type who has the potential to post good numbers but never a trophy. Plus, the phins have the luxury of having Fitzpatrick (a serviceable bridge) AND  Josh Rosen who is still young and has never been given a legitimate chance to succeed in the NFL; he was widely accepted as a first round talent once upon a time. Not to mention a player like Tua would help sell tickets!

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert / QB / Oregon

The ownership likes Tyrod Taylor but it would seem foolish to pass on Herbert here. It would also seem foolish to attempt to trade up for Tua. Herbert is a somewhat local guy with all the tangibles. He gets to learn behind a veteran and the Chargers can continue to gain weapons over the next season or two to help him shine. Don't lose picks getting into a trade war with the Dolphins.

7. Panthers - Isaiah Simmons / LB / Clemson

Lots of needs. Terrible management. No marketable players outside of CMC now that Luke/Cam/Olsen/Bradbeerry/Reid/and both starting DTs are all gone. Simmons fills a lot of needs and is a local talent. He interviews well and brings that all-over-the-field presence Carolina has been spoiled with during Kuechley's tenure. It's my firm belief that the Panthers are or should be tanking this upcoming season with the hopes of getting either Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. Mayber Bridgewater shines but with that OL I'm doubtful.

8. Cardinals - Mekhi Becton / OT / Louisville

Simply put, take your favorite OT. Kyler Murray has potential but needs much better protection.

9. Jaguars - Javon Kinlaw / DT / South Carolina

This is a tough pick. Jaguar's star DE Ngakoue is openly tweeting at the owner that he's a coward and ducking his calls for a trade; if Khan is smart he'll move Ngakoue for an additional first round pick to take a new edge rusher to pair with young Josh Allen. However, assuming Ngakoue is stuck for the time being, having Kinlaw/Allen/Ngakoue on the same DL sounds exciting for "SAXonville". Hell, bring in Clowney on a one year "prove it" deal.

10. Browns - Andrew Thompson / OT / Georgia

Take the best tackle possible. It's been shown Mayfield can succeed when he isn't pressured.

11. Jets - Jedrick Wills / OT / Alabama

This sucks for the Buccaneers as Wills is essentially the last Round 1 quality OT. However, the Jets need to protect Darnold (they looked awful during his mano incident while he was gone) and try to open up more lanes for the ever expensive , yet unproductive, Leveon Bell. There's a fair argument to be made for taking a WR here especially with departure of Ashford but protection is key.

12. Raiders - Jeffrey Okudah / CB / Ohio State

This won't happen unfortunately for the Raiders. Still, I love this slide for Las Vegas. Yes I know some teams refuse to draft for need but up till this point need & value seemed to match up. The Best Player Available strategy is cute in the later rounds but right now you have to fill holes with the best talent. I digress, Okudah is a huge get for a team that has invested a lot of youth in the front 7 but is still lacking on the back-end. 

13. 49ers - CJ Henderson / CB / Florida

The pool of corners is much more shallow than that of receivers and the 49ers have another first round pick to go WR with.

14. Buccaneers - Josh Jones / OT / Houston

This was actually a hard pick for me. If the Bucs don't have true top tier OT they believe in at this pick and no receivers have come off the board here it might be interesting. Imagine pairing Brady with Mike Evans Chris Godwin and then your WR3 is one of the following: Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs/Jefferson. Still, protecting the rather non-mobile old GOAT is more imperative.

15. Broncos - Jerry Jeudy / WR / Alabama

People love the speed of Ruggs but Jeudy is a more polished receiver who can play both inside and outside. He's the best well-rounded receiver with the least amount of improvement needed to have an instant impact.

16. Falcons - K'Lavon Chaisson / DE / LSU

This is the first pick where I didn't look at the team's primary need (corner). Chaisson is a top 15 talent whereas the next best corner is a bubble late first-to-second round talent. Frankly, the Falcons need to be looking for Matt Ryan's eventual replacement; he's been surrounded by talent with nothing to really show for it.

17. Cowboys - Xavier McKinney / S / Alabama

They have a few needs on defense, particularly at the edge rusher position, but McKinney is too good to pass up on here. There are some corners worth snagging in the second round but to find a true edge rusher the Cowboys may need to either trade up or look for DE's that can be traded for draft picks (Chandler Jones or the aforementioned Ngakoue).

18. Dolphins - Isaiah Williams / OT / Georgia

Not an ideal OT for the Dolphins but if you're going to take Tua then it's imperative he's well protected. Taking Grant Delpit here would be really tempting for the defense.

19. Raiders - Henry Ruggs III / WR / Alabama

Al Davis' ghost would immediately select Ruggs with no hesitation; that man loved pure speed. Derek Carr isn't horrendous like some insist and Mariotta being brought in all but guarantee that using this pick on a QB would be career suicide.

20. Jaguars - Grant Delpit / S / LSU

Again, corner would be nice for the Jags but they can't pass up another big need in safety. Delpit brings even more fire to a defense that's reloading.

21. Eagles - CeeDee Lamb / WR / Oklahoma

The Eagles would absolutely need to change their pants if CD fell this far. It's no secret they're taking a receiver at this pick regardless but CD is potentially the best in the class at RAC. He's sharp on making people miss and versatile in where he can line up. His routes could use a little cleaning up but he's a solid weapon for the philly's.

22. Vikings - Justin Jefferson / WR / LSU

Losing Diggs to a trade signals the need for a receiver and after Jefferson there's a solid drop off at the position. Even though he's a first round pick I think Jefferson might be one of the most under-hyped receivers entering the draft.

23. Patriots - Denzel Mims / WR / Baylor

Big bodied receiver to compliment the slew of slot receivers the Pats always hoard. Some think Jordan Love here but he just isn't a player I can picture in that system. Plus, every bit of news about Stidham seems to imply there is a confidence among the staff and players that he can be the guy. So, get him a weapon to throw to!

24. Saints - Patrick Queen / LB / LSU

If you can't tell I love local picks. This one just happens to be the smart pick as well. The Saints badly need a leader at the LB position and the best LB available happens to be a local guy with an insanely high football IQ.

25. Vikings - Kristian Fulton / CB / LSU

Frankly, I prefer Fulton over Henderson but he's still available and the Vikings fill their second biggest need.

26. Dolphins - Cesar Ruiz / IOL / Michigan

Can play Center or Guard, played against solid competition, and helps sure up the OL to protect Tua. Yes, I have them using all 3 first round picks on offense but I think it's imperative to do so. Luckily, the RB depth in this draft isn't half bad so there's still time to pickup a solid RB and help at WR as well.

27. Seahawks - Ezra Cleveland / OT / Boise State

He's actually a sleeper at OT that a lot of analyst love. Seahawks really need an interior offensive lineman too but they're not as hard to find. Others may go edge rusher here but, again, it's all about protecting the face of the franchise especially as they get older.

28. Ravens - Kenneth Murray / LB / Oklahoma

Absolutely LOVE this pick. Great fit for their scheme and he is an excellent prototype of what a Baltimore linebacker should be. Hard hitting downhill runner with a solid football IQ and fire in the belly.

29. Titans - Yetur Gross-Matos / DE / Penn State

Tempting to go OT here and protect the investment made into Tannehill. However, the Titans really need help on the edge and the value likely isn't there for the next best OT to be taken at this point in the draft.

30. Packers - Jalen Reagor / WR / TCU

Not a big fan of Reagor but Rodgers' time is getting shorter and he needs more weapons to do the maximum damage. The early part of the Packers draft should be focused on helping Rodgers get the most out of his offense moving forward.

31. 49ers - Neville Gallimore / DL / Oklahoma

Not a receiver valuable enough at this spot. Add to your deadly DL and make it even more difficult to deal with the talented edge rushers.

32. Chiefs - D'Andre Swift / RB / Georgia

Personally, take a corner here. But! It would be extremely fun watching this already explosive offense with Swift in the backfield as well.

DAMN BRUH!!!!!! No Marlon?!?! THAT HURTS FAM!!! IT REALLY REALLY FREAKING HURTS!!! I see him at the end of the first round in some mocks. REALLY REALLY REAAALLLLLLLLLY!!!!!!!! Want to get 2 first round picks BAY BAAAAAAAY!! Would be so huge for crutin.

• Like 1