Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

May be the homer glasses on but Grant is way to explosive and productive to be so under utilized on the jags roster.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Bucs cuts Doug Martin. For now, Peyton Barber is tbe man. Wouldn’t be surprised if they drafted a RB or if they get a mid tier RB by free agency. 

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Bucs cuts Doug Martin. For now, Peyton Barber is tbe man. Wouldn’t be surprised if they drafted a RB or if they get a mid tier RB by free agency. 

I root for PB as hard as any former tiger. I never thought he had the talent. I enjoy being wrong sometimes. 

• Like 1

Sadly I have to agree with him. Clearly he is a bama fan...........

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No wonder Cleveland cannot win a game.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And he so often makes it a point to remind us of that.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Engram is going to be a monster. 

Engram is exactly the kind of TE WE NEED to force gus to use a TE! lol but seriously. kid went from a 3 star to future nfl stardom.

Bynes signs with the Cardinals 

Sammie Coates cut by the Browns. He can now pursue State of Auburn modeling contracts. 

Sammie Coates has been waived by the Browns. He's had a hard time staying healthy. Man, if you can't make the Browns team what's a guy gonna do? Would love to see him.have a full healthy season just to see what he could do. 

17 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Sammie Coates has been waived by the Browns. He's had a hard time staying healthy. Man, if you can't make the Browns team what's a guy gonna do? Would love to see him.have a full healthy season just to see what he could do. 

Thanks but I posted this 4 posts above yours. 

Coates can now pursue State of Auburn modeling contracts...

sammie-coates-state-of-auburn-t-shirt.jp

Edited by aujeff11

46 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Sammy just never had good hands.....at AU or afterward.....and the injuries did not help of course.  

What is he? 26 maybe?  so wonder where he goes from here?  Believe he got his degree....so might be a good time to see what it can do for him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sammy just never had good hands.....at AU or afterward.....and the injuries did not help of course.  

What is he? 26 maybe?  so wonder where he goes from here?  Believe he got his degree....so might be a good time to see what it can do for him. 

He always seemed to catch the more difficult balls and drop some of the easier ones. Go figure. 

• 1 month later...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He’s only doing this for himself, PR move from his manager, etc. 

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but how do you know this isn’t a PR move? 

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but how do you know this isn’t a PR move? 

Obviously I have no clue, but it’s a common argument whenever Cam does charitable work. We knew at Auburn that he would volunteer in his free time to help mentor at a local elementary school. So unless this has always been a ruse, I going to believe that he’s doing things like this out of the goodness of his heart. 

He doesn’t have a bad stigma(currently) about him that would really require some sort of character building in the eyes of his critics. Had he just gotten caught beating his girlfriend or whatever, then I could definitely see this being a PR move. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

31 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Obviously I have no clue, but it’s a common argument whenever Cam does charitable work. We knew at Auburn that he would volunteer in his free time to help mentor at a local elementary school. So unless this has always been a ruse, I going to believe that he’s doing things like this out of the goodness of his heart. 

He doesn’t have a bad stigma(currently) about him that would really require some sort of character building in the eyes of his critics. Had he just gotten caught beating his girlfriend or whatever, then I could definitely see this being a PR move. 

Thanks. It’s not exclusive to Cam by no means, but the motivation behind the public charity offered by the public figures has always been contemplated. I love tbe unfiltered and unplanned stories more than anything. I like to know which athletes act like a dick in restaurants or public places or who inconveniences themselves for others when the cameras are not around. I was pretty impressed that the Greek freak balled out for Milwaukee in the NBA playoffs and he didn’t make a big “do you know who I am!” deal about a Milwaukee restaurant not seating him in a timely manner just hours later. He just calmly left and nobody would’ve ever known if not for a patron that recognized him.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

There was also this. He does this kind of stuff all the time. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Thanks. It’s not exclusive to Cam by no means, but the motivation behind the public charity offered by the public figures has always been contemplated. I love tbe unfiltered and unplanned stories more than anything. I like to know which athletes act like a dick in restaurants or public places or who inconveniences themselves for others when the cameras are not around. I was pretty impressed that the Greek freak balled out for Milwaukee in the NBA playoffs and he didn’t make a big “do you know who I am!” deal about a Milwaukee restaurant not seating him in a timely manner just hours later. He just calmly left and nobody would’ve ever known if not for a patron that recognized him.

I had never heard of this guy until recently(I don’t follow NBA closely), and during an interview they asked how to pronounce his name. He said something along the lines of, “oh, it doesn’t really matter—say it however you want”. Humble.

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

There was also this. He does this kind of stuff all the time. 

I had forgotten about this. Then he hosts Thanksgiving every year for under privileged kids. Had he not blown up the way he did at AU, we would have never learned anything about his efforts at the local elementary school. 

• Like 1

Welp today is the day boys...Will Carlton get drafted in the first round? I don't think so but it sure would help us out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Welp today is the day boys...Will Carlton get drafted in the first round? I don't think so but it sure would help us out.

Word. If you want, start a thread. I can but as facilitator, and as the Non Auburn Sports KANG, I’m happy to spread the wealth. ?

36 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Y'aint heard? Only QBs and RBs in the first round tonight. 

Jk. I don't see any mocks with him the 1st lately but that don't mean much a nothin. 

• Like 1