Auburn In The NFL Thread

aujeff11

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Word. If you want, start a thread. I can but as facilitator, and as the Non Auburn Sports KANG, I’m happy to spread the wealth. ?

I thought about it but it doesn't seem like that many people frequent this forum. I'll start one for the few of us. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Y'aint heard? Only QBs and RBs in the first round tonight. 

Jk. I don't see any mocks with him the 1st lately but that don't mean much a nothin. 

I saw one by Mel a few months ago that had him there but I haven't paid attention recently to any others. I did see an article about some scouts raving about his talent though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Y'aint heard? Only QBs and RBs in the first round tonight. 

Jk. I don't see any mocks with him the 1st lately but that don't mean much a nothin. 

He has slipped behind KJ in all the mocks I have seen for first AU player taken. We should expect him to go in the 2nd or third unless someone falls in love with him like the chiefs did dee ford.BUT MANNNNNNNNNN I am going to be irate when holland slips slips and sliiiiiiiiiiiips further down the board. He is the 1 guy who should of came back. It is like he had his mind made up he was gone no matter what.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He has slipped behind KJ in all the mocks I have seen for first AU player taken. We should expect him to go in the 2nd or third unless someone falls in love with him like the chiefs did dee ford.BUT MANNNNNNNNNN I am going to be irate when holland slips slips and sliiiiiiiiiiiips further down the board. He is the 1 guy who should of came back. It is like he had his mind made up he was gone no matter what.

Honest question, because I'm not 100% sure how these things go, but... why come back? 

If we get 3 guys in the first 3 rounds, I'd be pretty happy. What are they saying about Braden Smith?

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Honest question, because I'm not 100% sure how these things go, but... why come back? 

If we get 3 guys in the first 3 rounds, I'd be pretty happy. What are they saying about Braden Smith?

because he is being mocked as a 6th round pick most places. He had more to gain by coming back than anyone else we had. He only had 1 good full season on tape. Now that would be enough if he was a shorts and t shirt Jesus warrior but he is not. He does not have the protoypical NFL measurables.  So for a guy like him who is viewed as a tweener he needed to put another great season on tape to show he was not a fluke and to make gm's and scouts remove any doubt about his ability with not ideal measurables. O and braden smith and KJ have been moving up draft boards all off season. Most have him in the 2nd and third rounds. Buzz about him being a extremely safe non bust prospect. Braden that is.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

because he is being mocked as a 6th round pick most places. He had more to gain by coming back by anyone else. He only had 1 good full season on tape. Now that would be enough if he was a shorts and t shirt Jesus but he is not. He does not have the protoypical NFL measurables.  So for a guy like him who is viewed as a tweener he needed to put another great season on tape to show he was not a fluke and to make gm's and scouts remove any doubt about his ability with not ideal measurables.

Agreed. Anything past third is worth coming back for. Doubt he cared about draft positioning though- he just wants to play in tbe NFL AT ALL COSTS. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Agreed. Anything past third is worth coming back for. 

It reminds me of these college bball dudes who are not even going to be drafted who just come out because they decided they were going to do so no matter what. Holland is the guy who has most fallen for us since he declared on mocks.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Agreed. Anything past third is worth coming back for. 

O AND IF he goes even in the 4th now I would consider that a "win" for him. Since most have him in the 6th or GULP worse now.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O AND IF he goes even in the 4th now I would consider that a "win for him. Since most have him in the 6th or GULP worse now.

Tempting to say that he would play his way into real money when his rookie contract is up, but I know that in the NFL that they feel a need to play the guys they pay for, so he might not ever get that chance. Man, that would suck. 

• Sad 1

HAVE GOT TO DO BETTER. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Kamryn Pettway is already waived by the Vikings. 

Sheesh....I saw they had him at FB on the roster and said ok he could do a little something...But FB is an endangered species right now.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

good grief

And the signing bonus for UFAs is barely enough to get him a bus ticket home. ...just hard to understand what's going on there.   Keep looking for a "turn around" but just does not seem to have it in him. :angry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Sheesh....I saw they had him at FB on the roster and said ok he could do a little something...But FB is an endangered species right now.

Gut instinct is that he showed up out of shape or not mentally prepped for the rookie camp. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yep. Almost like the job interview where they ask you to bring your resume and you forget  it, so they cut you loose early. 

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I was gonna ask you how you felt about this. I like it. He's a real solid back. Norv has plenty weapons at his disposal. If Curtis can come back healthy and produce than cam has every kind of weapon he needs. Torrey, Jarius, DJ,Curtis,Olsen,CMC, Funchess and now CJ. I hope CAP gets some meaningful carries as well.

I love it! Anderson is a short and stout bowling ball and he will fit the Panthers #keeppounding persona. Keep giving Cam some weapons! 

• Like 2

We need to keep in mind that Pettway did one thing very well for a very short period of time, and it was in an offense in which another guy was doing just as well before getting hurt. It's a popular narrative that our coaches were idiots for not having Pettway starting from day 1, but it's entirely possible that he's just not a particularly great/complete running back. And, yeah, he probably failed to impress on most of the off-the-field assessments. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We need to keep in mind that Pettway did one thing very well for a very short period of time, and it was in an offense in which another guy was doing just as well before getting hurt. It's a popular narrative that our coaches were idiots for not having Pettway starting from day 1, but it's entirely possible that he's just not a particularly great/complete running back. And, yeah, he probably failed to impress on most of the off-the-field assessments. 

I just think back to that Arky game last year when KP went through them like tissue paper, and the regret that we didn’t have him waiting in the wings for UGA in the SECCG. 

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I just think back to that Arky game last year when KP went through them like tissue paper, and the regret that we didn’t have him waiting in the wings for UGA in the SECCG. 

Oh, he was a weapon and we could have used more of him, no doubt. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Oh, he was a weapon and we could have used more of him, no doubt. 

*sigh* 

what could have been

Proud of our guy. Maybe a mod can move it to a thread more fitting of his Auburn lore and also academic accomplishment.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Love 1

He will probaly last on the bears longer than bubba did on the vikings. Life comes at you fast! lol. What a world we live in.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He will probaly last on the bears longer than bubba did on the vikings. Life comes at you fast! lol. What a world we live in.

What position??

You can't teach speed.