Unchecked Potitical Correctness

KolchakAU85

3 hours ago, AURex said:

As a liberal ---

The person who owns a business (and that includes a pro sports franchise) is an OWNER of the business. Personally, I own a business. I am the owner. Period. Hire me or don't hire me. Work for me or don't work for me.

HOWEVER -- a business (and that includes a band named Confederate Railroad or Nazi Renegades or Grab-em-by-the-P***y Band) -- they can use whatever name they want. But no one is required to employ that business, no matter what their reason. Big Butt Band -- nope, not interested. Ugly Fat Woman Exotic Dance Troupe -- uh, no. Big Sausage Jock Strap Catering -- uh, nope. Pink Fairy Boys Troupe -- nope. Fat Confederate Moving Company -- nope.

It's interesting that the people who complain about Confederate Railroad not being hired are usually the same ones who think it's okay to refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple.

As an independent and middle of the road guy I agree.... but don't hire someone who's name/history you know very well and then at a later date cancel them based off the same name you hired them under in the first place.

The Confederate Railroad move isn't a simple issue regarding a business. A government official ordered it done cause he claimed it was hateful:

The musical group was scheduled to perform Aug. 27. But when Gov. J.B. Pritzker, a Chicago Democrat, learned about it, he ordered the Department of Agriculture, which is in charge of the fair, to cancel the performance.

https://www.capitolnewsillinois.com/Blog/Posts/408/Uncategorized/2019/7/Culture-clash-at-the-Du-Quoin-State-Fair/blog-post/

Now the question is will he order the Illinois State Fair to drop Snoop Dog?

Make_America_Crip_Again_v2.jpg

10 hours ago, AURex said:

As a liberal ---

The person who owns a business (and that includes a pro sports franchise) is an OWNER of the business. Personally, I own a business. I am the owner. Period. Hire me or don't hire me. Work for me or don't work for me.

HOWEVER -- a business (and that includes a band named Confederate Railroad or Nazi Renegades or Grab-em-by-the-P***y Band) -- they can use whatever name they want. But no one is required to employ that business, no matter what their reason. Big Butt Band -- nope, not interested. Ugly Fat Woman Exotic Dance Troupe -- uh, no. Big Sausage Jock Strap Catering -- uh, nope. Pink Fairy Boys Troupe -- nope. Fat Confederate Moving Company -- nope.

It's interesting that the people who complain about Confederate Railroad not being hired are usually the same ones who think it's okay to refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple.

I agree. But you don’t hire them, Then break a contract because their name. That was their name when you agreed to the contract. There was probably many gigs they were never considered for because of their name or the flag on set. I personally don’t care for it myself and wasn’t very interested in their music either. This decision caused a s*** storm we don’t need. Especially liberals. 

13 hours ago, AURex said:

As a liberal ---

It's worth noting that the band "Confederate Railroad" adopted their name back in the 1980s, when confederate flags were a non-issue, mainly because most people (including me) failed to understand the flag's origin and true meaning.

I certainly wouldn't glorify a Dixie flag in any way today, nor would I refuse to make a simple cake for a gay couple.  Unless I was asked to depict two grown men kissing one another.  No way I'd do that.  No apologies.

Archived