2020 Softball Recruiting Thread

On 11/9/2019 at 10:01 AM, OlderWhiskey said:

Wow!  Some of the best numbers I've heard of.  I look forward to watching her play at J.B. Moore.

Indeed! 30 extra-base hits in 54 at bats. I don't think I've ever seen something like that.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go to the above twitter page she has a good photo of 8 players on their official visit last September.  She is the red head standing between out 2 pitchers.  Bryant is #7.

One of the top recruits of the 2020 class will call Jane B. Moore Field her new home! • Two-time All-State selection • Three-time All-Conference pick • 2018 USA Fast Pitch Girls 18A-U National Champion Welcome, Sydney Cox to the #Auburn Family! #WarEagle

and we’re starting off early! • Player of the Year • All-State Selection • Home Run Power Kelsey Schmidt is our first 2020 signee! Welcome to the Family!

This was posted on another site and is supposed to be the FloSoftball top 25 classes.  Shows AU with 9 recruits?  Five SEC teams in top 10.  

Rank         College         Conference         # of Recruits         Top 100 Prospects

1         Florida State         ACC         8         Nos. 6, 10, 18, 34, 47

2         LSU         SEC         8         Nos. 17, 28, 43, 50, 55, 73

3         Arizona         PAC-12         8         Nos. 14, 21, 30, 35, 54, 89

4         Auburn         SEC         9         Nos. 2, 8, 20, 63, 96, 100

5         Oklahoma         Big 12         5         Nos. 1, 4, 16, 79

6         Alabama         SEC         6         Nos. 3, 12, 41

7         Texas A&M         SEC         7         Nos. 9, 24, 26, 97

8         South Carolina         SEC         10         Nos. 23, 37, 66, 70, 74

9         Oregon         PAC-12         4         Nos. 15, 31, 32

10         Washington         PAC-12         6         Nos. 13, 39, 68, 80

11         Florida         SEC         5         Nos. 11, 19, 69

12         Arizona State         PAC-12         7         Nos. 5, 65, 93

13         Georgia         SEC         10         Nos. 27, 62, 82, 98

14         Notre Dame         ACC         7         Nos. 22, 57

15         Arkansas         SEC         5         Nos. 40, 51

16         Kentucky         SEC         5         No. 7

17         Ole Miss         SEC         7         Nos. 59, 75, 85

18         Wisconsin         Big Ten         7         Nos. 52, 67

19         Texas         Big 12         5         Nos. 33, 88

20         Oklahoma State         Big 13         4         Nos. 44, 77

21         UCLA         PAC-12         3         No. 25

22         McNeese State         Southland         6         No. 29

23         Penn State         Big Ten         7         No. 36

24         Clemson         ACC         6         No. 38

25         Northwestern         Big Ten         2         No. 42

3 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Looks encouraging.  Denver Bryant has now signed, making our full class of 8.    Not sure right now who the 9th was.

I know there is a sophmore Juco kid doing an official this weekend for the uga game. Not sure where another "9th" could come from. 

Also losing players to transfers isn't always a negative. If they are not starting they are taking scholarship money that could be offered to someone that may be able to come in and compete for a spot.  There isn't a cap on the number of players that can be signed in a class like football so if there is money laying around they can pull in more athletes. 

Sure appears to be a very good class. We need to demonstrate on field improvement this year and get our facilities upgraded in order to continue to attract top quality talent.

Did not expect this level of recruiting from CMD.... I think link is same list as above but gives encouragement to the future.... 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburns-softball-recruiting-class-rated-among-nations-best-138533829/

Thought I would do a bit of follow-up on one of our decommits,  pitcher, Claire Davidson.  She decommitted in June I believe and committed to Duke (ACC) in September and signed earlier this week.  Duke is a "new" program and their first regular season was 2018.  Davidson likely will likely become their primary pitcher and should be a good move for her.  Also a well respected university.  She would have competed for playing time at AU against two higher ranked pitchers in her class.

Thanks for the research.  Certainly wish Ms. Davidson the best at Durham.  The Seminoles need some competition.  Excited about our own class; CMD has exceeded my expectations in this regard.

4 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Thought I would do a bit of follow-up on one of our decommits,  pitcher, Claire Davidson.  She decommitted in June I believe and committed to Duke (ACC) in September and signed earlier this week.  Duke is a "new" program and their first regular season was 2018.  Davidson likely will likely become their primary pitcher and should be a good move for her.  Also a well respected university.  She would have competed for playing time at AU against two higher ranked pitchers in her class.

Also that Duke degree is worth a ton of money after she graduates

Great article...very exciting to see CMD clean up on the recruiting trail!

Just renewed my season tickets.  I was a bit down before, but now I am excited for AU softball.

WAR EAGLE!

Thanks to all of you guys for your research and insights.  This appears to be a fantastic class and I hope theses ladies realize their potential for the Orange and Blue.  CMD has assembled a great class of outfielders, middle infielders and pitchers with numbers that are mind boggling.  I also wish Ms. Davidson the best.  Wish we could have signed her, but you can never fault a young person for deciding on what they feel is best for them and their future. War Eagle!!

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I know there have been earlier articles about Jessie Blaine, an AU commit that has played all over the country due to her father being in the military.

Well, this link is about the most recent events for Jessie over the summer and this past fall which are very impressive. AU has a great one on the way.

Enjoy the linked article: https://www.flosoftball.com/articles/6598076-rising-star-auburn-commit-jessie-blaine-is-great-at-just-about-everything?utm_source=newsletter&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=email

War Eagle

Does anyone have knowledge of where we might find renderings or actual visual plans for what our finished product might be relative to the indoor facility being built at Jan B. Moore? When you look at the money that has been spent at LSU on their entire softball complex which included an indoor facility down the first baseline when built. Now, they have opened a new, second indoor performance center for the softball complex in right center field. Just wondering what AU will have. I'm hopeful its not just a bandaid being put on a lack of facility problem we have for softball compared to most of the other SEC programs we must compete against. 

Archived