Men to Play New Mexico in Legends Classic

ellitor

On 7/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, toddc said:

Tigers vs. Lobos tipoff time set for Legends Classic basketball

ByMARK MURPHY 

AUBURN, Alabama--The tipoff time has been set for Auburn’s basketball game vs. the New Mexico Lobos scheduled for November 25th in Brooklyn.

The contest is scheduled to tip at 8:30 p.m. Central Time at Barclay’s Center with TV coverage on ESPNEWS as the second half of a doubleheader in the Legends Classic. Richmond will take on Wisconsin at 6 p.m. CST.

The winners will play in the championship game on Nov. 26th at 6 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. CST on ESPN2. The third place game is scheduled for a 4 p.m. CST start on ESPN2 or ESPNU.

Auburn's game vs. New Mexico will be just the second time the Tigers and Lobos have played in basketball. The Tigers won 83-78 in the 2015 Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu. The Lobos, a traditional hoops power in the West, will be looking to bounce back from a disappointing season when they finished with a 14-18 record.

Auburn, the 2019 SEC Tournament champions, advanced to the NCAA Final Four for the first time in program history.

*** Get 30% off as a subscriber to get the latest Auburn recruiting and team scoops ***

“Growing up in Boston, New York City was always a hub for college and professional basketball,” Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. “From a standpoint of our student-athletes, getting the chance to visit one of the greatest cities in the world, especially before Thanksgiving and the holiday season, was something I didn't want to pass up.

Bruce Pearl Bruce Pearl and the Tigers won 30 games this past season. (Photo: Adam Sparks/Inside The Auburn Tigers/AUTigers.com)

“You’ve got all corners of the country covered in this year’s Legends Classic. You’ve got Wisconsin in the north, New Mexico in the west, Richmond in the east and Auburn in the south. We’re looking forward to the competition.” 

5COMMENTS

As part of the Legends Classic the Tigers will play two games at Auburn Arena vs. Cal State-Northridge on Nov. 15th and Colgate on Nov. 18th. 

Oh boy!!! Golf's dream come true!

welll minus the PBR and Abigal Adams pinup poster! 🤣

Should be a good one. Can't wait! 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wish this was New Mexico State instead 

I don't want any more of NMSU personally 

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Oh boy!!! Golf's dream come true!

welll minus the PBR and Abigal Adams pinup poster! 🤣

Should be a good one. Can't wait! 

Lobo's going rip them a new one................................................also love me some Abigal

Bruce cruitin’ continuously!!!

love it!  CBP in living rooms -> come play at auburn and be on espn, playing in final fours, in the sec, against national names, chance to get drafted, win championships ... and oh yea by the way, we’ll take trips to Europe, Hawaii, New York, etc while your here.  All done in a family environment while getting a world class education.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

don't think it's any accident that Lobos is Spanish for

Image result for wolves howling gif

giphy.gif

• ellitor changed the title to Men to Play Los Lobos in Legends Classic
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I demand that they be referred to exclusively as Los Lobos. 

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I demand that they be referred to exclusively as Los Lobos. 

Also, I don't think it's any accident that Lobos is Spanish for

Image result for wolves howling gif

Why do you think I originally posted it on the Wolfpack thread?

34 minutes ago, toddc said:

Why do you think I originally posted it on the Wolfpack thread?

In that recruiting section thread it would’ve been best to just say we were playing the Lobos And post the article  itself in the basketball forum. Not chastising. Just a minor point.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In that recruiting section thread it would’ve been best to just say we were playing the Lobos And post the article  itself in the basketball forum. Not chastising. Just a minor point.

I know! I thought about and had a lapse there! 😝 

Archived