Trump has a “go back to Africa” moment

AUDub

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Telling Latin American or African Americans to go back to their "own" countries is racist, no matter how you cut it.

I agree same as with the reporter telling Gorka to go home.........unacceptable.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, toddc said:

The OP is a great example of making things say something that was never said. He didn’t say go back to your country, and he meant go back to your district and fix that and then come back to congress and tell us how to fix the US.

This would be acceptable if it were accurate.  But it's not.  Minneapolis is not "totally broken and crime infested".  Neither is NYC for that matter.  I'm actually here right now.  Feel safer here than I do in Montgomery, AL.

And if he thinks NYC is, then he, as a native, should have a vested interest in fixing it.

Pressley represents parts of the Boston area.  Again, not what I would describe as crime infested.

Detroit has issues but is actually getting better.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

The OP is a great example of making things say something that was never said. He didn’t say go back to your country, and he meant go back to your district and fix that and then come back to congress and tell us how to fix the US.

So let’s see if I got this. He speaks about the congresswomen coming from more corrupt “COUNTRIES” with more corrupt governments telling “us how our government is to be run” and then proceeds to tell them to go back. And you think he meant districts. Not countries, you know, like he said with his words? And you think this, even though the context of everything he’s speaking about points to him meaning country and not district?

Thats some straight Harvey Updike type fanaticism, right there. Good grief.

lalalala.gif

57 minutes ago, toddc said:

Wrong.  He is clearly comparing the United States to "the places they came from."  It makes zero sense to say he's talking about Minneapolis or Detroit or Queens - they are all in the US already.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Often have to remind myself I'm not dealing with Rembrandts here. 

39 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So let’s see if I got this. He speaks about the congresswomen coming from more corrupt “COUNTRIES” With more corrupt governments telling “us how our government is to be run” and then proceeds to tell them to go back. And you think he meant districts. Not countries, you know, like he said with his words? And you think this, even though the context of everything he’s speaking about points to him meaning country and not district?

Thats some straight Harvey Updike type fanaticism, right there. Good grief.

lalalala.gif

38 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Wrong.  He is clearly comparing the United States to "the places they came from."  It makes zero sense to say he's talking about Minneapolis or Detroit or Queens - they are all in the US already.

The gaslighting is laughable. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The gaslighting is laughable. 

I think it's mostly just repeating stuff they've heard on Fox or talk radio.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Often have to remind myself I'm not dealing with Rembrandts here. 

I’m sorry you think you need to denigrate others to make yourself feel superior, and I’m sure you are a far superior intellect than myself and most people on here.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

I’m sorry you think you need to denigrate others to make yourself feel superior, and I’m sure you are a far superior intellect than myself and most people on here. 

Playing semantic games with Blut und Boden racism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. You should be ashamed. 

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

todd, with all due respect, sometimes you guys bring the insults on yourselves by repeating tribe talking points without giving it a few minutes (or even seconds) of critical thought.  The need to defend the guy on your team makes you accept and promulgate bad (sometimes pathetically bad) arguments.

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

todd, with all due respect, sometimes you guys bring the insults on yourselves by repeating tribe talking points without giving it a few minutes (or even seconds) of critical thought.  The need to defend the guy on your team makes you accept and promulgate bad (sometimes pathetically bad) arguments.

Denigrating those who disagree with their views seems to be the norm on this forum from the left leaning posters!

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

.  Neither is NYC for that matter.  I'm actually here right now.  Feel safer here than I do in Montgomery, AL.

Well that’s because you’re in SoHo. Lol head on over to Bedford-Stuyvesant and let us know how you feel!!

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Cops are racist, BP officers are racist, all evangelicals are racists, Pelosi is racist, Biden is racist, Trump is racist, Ohmar is racist.... did I miss anyone? I’m sick of the way people throw this term around like everything anyone says is construed as racist! Ridiculous!

The term is being diluted to promote political agendas.... Yeah, thats actually happening. Definitely a shame

10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Well that’s because you’re in SoHo. Lol head on over to Bedford-Stuyvesant and let us know how you feel!!

SoHo?  Not so much.  I'm in LIC my friend.  

55 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t think you’re stupid. I just think you’re willfully ignorant. Either that or you know what he means and you just don’t care, because you feel the same way. 

12 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

The term is being diluted to promote political agendas.... Yeah, thats actually happening. Definitely a shame

I’m sorry. Wtf would you call telling the black and brown Congresswomen who were born in the U.S.A and/or are citizens of the U.S.A to go back to the countries they came from? That’s like THE first things racists learn to say. 

Please explain how on earth that wasn’t racist af. 

“prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.”

Is this the definition y’all are going by?

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m sorry. Wtf would you call telling the black and brown Congresswomen who were born in the U.S.A and/or are citizens of the U.S.A to go back to the countries they came from? That’s like THE first things racists learn to say. 

Please explain how on earth that wasn’t racist 

I honestly dont hang much on words, but didnt he say say go back and fix wherever they came from and come back and show us how its done? Something more on those lines?... I kinda took it all as him pointing out.. If you dont like America leave, go wherever, make a better place and come back and let us know how you did it if you want. I just dont see anything wrong with that. 

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Please explain how on earth that wasn’t racist af. 

Arguably, more than anything it is ill-advised and inconsiderate, offensive, and hurtful to the recipient. Does it fairly and necessarily lead to the conclusion that the words were based on the speaker’s perception that his or her race is superior to that of the recipient’s? I don’t know. Perhaps some people attribute a broad scope as to what constitutes racism, while others construe it narrowly. 

39 minutes ago, toddc said:

Denigrating those who disagree with their views seems to be the norm on this forum from the left leaning posters!

You are engaging in highly selective reading.

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Arguably, more than anything it is ill-advised and inconsiderate, offensive, and hurtful to the recipient. Does it fairly and necessarily lead to the conclusion that the words were based on the speaker’s perception that his or her race is superior to that of the recipient’s? I don’t know. Perhaps some people attribute a broad scope as to what constitutes racism, while others construe it narrowly. 

Dude, come on.  Just call a spade a spade.  No one's going to kick you off the team for just telling the truth.

3 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I honestly dont hang much on words, but didnt he say say go back and fix wherever they came from and come back and show us how its done? Something more on those lines?... I kinda took it all as him pointing out.. If you dont like America leave, go wherever, make a better place and come back and let us know how you did it if you want. I just dont see anything wrong with that. 

Right.  He made an assumption because they're brown and all ethnic looking and sounding, they must be foreign born and not real 'Muricans like him.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Right.  He made an assumption because they're brown and all ethnic looking and sounding, they must be foreign born and not real 'Muricans like him.

If they had an English accent  complaining how he did things, and he told them to go back to England, what would you say? 

Just now, SaturdayGT said:

If they had an English accent  complaining how he did things, and he told them to go back to England, what would you say? 

What difference would it make.  The point is the assumption that because they aren't Western European looking they must not be *really* from here.  Why are you deflecting so much?

Archived