2019 3* SF Devan Cambridge Commits to AU!

ellitor

We just offered a 2019 SG/SF who apparently plays travel ball with Sharife Cooper...

Some notes from JLee
-Major AU target
--Had an impressive Summer AAU season
-Was going to commit yesterday, likely to WVU
-AU offer & interest made him hold off on committing
-Expected to OV in the next 2-3 weeks
-Will enroll in August at his school if choice & eligible to play immediately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

We just offered a 2019 SG/SF who apparently plays travel ball with Sharife Cooper...

So he's a shooting guard?

His tweeter says he will commit right after the EBLT camp, which I guess is going on this summer?

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

So he's a shooting guard?

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

SG/SF

That means potentially shooting guard &/or small forward.

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

His tweeter says he will commit right after the EBLT camp, which I guess is going on this summer?

Going on right now. If AU wants to be a major threat for him they may need to convince him to hold off committing somewhere til after he visits AU.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Sharife Cooper has become our LeBron James

we got at least 3-4 recruits dependent on his name

😂, you'll say anything

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Trust me I know the situation. I got a few posters who are dependent on my name, such as the one Im quoting right now 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Trust me I had no interest in diverting from the topic of this thread lol. Based on this guy's ups, him being a slasher and his height, I cant help but want for him to put some weight on and be like a Malik Dunbar type. I think 230 (Dunbar's listed weight by Aub) might be a bit excessive, but 210-215? should be in the cards

Edit: 

This was the first tweet I saw when I typed in Malik Dunbar lmao

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Trust me I know the situation. I got a few posters who are dependent on my name, such as the one Im quoting right now 

Dependant on you? 😂 Just keep dropping these words of wisdom! LeBron James huh?! Elaborate and break it down how! 😃

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Dependant on you? 😂 Just keep dropping these words of wisdom! LeBron James huh?! Elaborate and break it down how! 😃

We get him there’s a strong chance other dominos fall. That’s the same premise Lakers have operated with for the past two seasons. Until Kawhi euro’d them, that thought process seemed airtight. They could’ve likely pulled Marcus Morris and Nerlens via Klutch allegiances if they didn’t get jipped by Uncle Dennis. BJ and this kid will likely factor Sharife’s allegiance with Aub at some point. May not make them come here but it’s a factor 

Let's get back to & stay focused on Cambridge please. I'm really excited for him given his athleticism, especially if he can shoot the 3well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Let's get back to & stay focused on Cambridge please. I'm really excited for him given his athleticism, especially if he can shoot the 3well.

Yes, I'm excited about Cambridge as well. I really hope he comes to AU and we get to watch him run the floor a little this season. 

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Pearl's offense makes it easy for most to be at the least decent, if he is a grinder and he can translate his athleticism to defense is the thing that can take us to another level. It's also something that can make us consistent. It's been so long.....people would really go crazy if they saw a team that's great on defense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, auburnphan said:

The arrogance on every fricken basketball thread is getting old and Gene is gone.

Did he get banned?

Just now, abw0004 said:

Did he get banned?

Yes. I think it is just temporary. Nothing he did warranted a permaban. Or it shouldn't. Gene is a harmless troll. He has a shtick and sticks to it. I get a lot of people do not find it funny but I always got a chuckle. Dude never did anything that was crossing the line to my knowledge. I think it was a quick trigger when other people get longer leashes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes. I think it is just temporary. Nothing he did warranted a permaban. Or it shouldn't. Gene is a harmless troll. He has a shtick and sticks to it. I get a lot of people do not find it funny but I always got a chuckle. Dude never did anything that was crossing the line to my knowledge. I think it was a quick trigger when other people get longer leashes.

Nah he did well at least said things that crossed lines but the main thing is he wouldn't listen to mods, never smart on a forum

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

When you get banned it is not temporary.........its lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well that sucks. I know no one else will miss him but I will. He was just a good source of humor to me and he really did have a passion for Auburn Basketball long before the majority of the sub did. Or at least he showed it before most people.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah he did well at least said things that crossed lines but the main thing is he wouldn't listen to mods, never smart on a forum

Well I did not know that. That sucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well I did not know that. That sucks.

Man, nobody can't ever say you're not a great friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I hope he learns for wherever he interacts next but unfortunately for him he didn't here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man, nobody can't ever say you're not a great friend

Golf says that about me too.😁

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, ellitor said:

I hope he learns for wherever he interacts next but unfortunately for him he didn't here.

With A LOT of redirection, temporary suspensions, PMs, and warnings...

He was given enough rope...and he used it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1