Historian: Trump Now Tied For ‘Most Racist President In American History’

aubiefifty

Historian: Trump Now Tied For ‘Most Racist President In American History’

Ed Mazza

HuffPostJuly 16, 2019

A Pulitzer Prize-winning historian says President Donald Trump is now tied for number one in a category he may not want to brag about.  

“He has joined Andrew Johnson as the most racist president in American history,” Jon Meacham said on MSNBC on Monday, referring to the leader who routinely finishes at or near the very bottom of presidential rankings by historians.

Meacham said that “Johnson, in a state message, said that African-Americans were incapable of self-government and relapsed into barbarism if they weren’t closely supervised.”

Over the weekend, Trump launched a racist tirade against several women of color who serve in Congress, telling them to “go back” to their own countries. 

Trump later doubled down on those comments. 

Meacham said that America has never been about the concept of birthright but rather the belief that “all men are created equal,” as stated in the Declaration of Independence. 

“We didn’t apply it that fully then, we haven’t applied it fully now,” he said. “But that journey toward a more perfect union is the story of the country.”

Instead, Trump has stoked racism with both his recent comments as well as his “birther” lies about former President Barack Obama, Meacham said. 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most racist President in US history was Obama. He divided this nation more than any other President and gave us BLM, Antifa and the war on Police.

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

The most racist President in US history was Obama. He divided this nation more than any other President and gave us BLM, Antifa and the war on Police.

no. the only way obama divided this country was being black. that's it. that was his crime. but you haters pushed the birther movement which was racist. now answer honestly...............did you guys push the birther thing? did you know it was a lie and let it pass? i bet most of you pushed it and pushed it  hard on here. obama still remains one of the best loved presidents of this century. obama did not start antifa nor black lives matter. police brutality started the war on police. more of that tbs you guys suffer from.

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Only a clueless liberal would even have a list.

oh man you got tbs too? go to the doc while you can fellow.............and if it hurts your delicate feelings pretend the list is a grocery list.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

oh man you got tbs too? go to the doc while you can fellow.............and if it hurts your delicate feelings pretend the list is a grocery list.

This is something you feel is important to have at hand? A list of presidents ranked in order of racism?

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

This is something you feel is important to have at hand? A list of presidents ranked in order of racism?

how stupid are you? this is a political board talking politics which is clearly what i am doing. you? i have no clue other than deflections caused by your tbs. you give no facts as to why i might be wrong for posting or why people think trump is in fact a racist or not. you are just throwing crap out there to see what will stick.

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

This ranks as the dumbest post here in recent memory.  Congrats.

I find it hard to believe as idiotic and racially divisive as Trump is that he's tied for first as the "most racist president" when we literally had 70+ years worth of presidents prior to Lincoln and the end of the Civil War who either owned slaves and/or endorsed chattel slavery.  That would seem to be to give you an automatic bye for top seeds in the "Most Racist President" tournament.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I find it hard to believe as idiotic and racially divisive as Trump is that he's tied for first as the "most racist president" when we literally had 70+ years worth of presidents prior to Lincoln and the end of the Civil War who either owned slaves and/or endorsed chattel slavery.  That would seem to be to give you an automatic bye for top seeds in the "Most Racist President" tournament.

i knew it was click bait when i posted it.........but i just wanted to reinforce many folks believe trump is racist and not just a few folks on these boards.........

48 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This ranks as the dumbest post here in recent memory.  Congrats.

Get your head out of the sand. You must be blind as a bat and stupid as a rock.

22 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Get your head out of your own ass.  I can see and acknowledge the problems I had with Obama without resorting to over the top claims and wild exaggerations.

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

show ol aubes where it hurts  lol.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Get your head out of your own ass.  I can see and acknowledge the problems I had with Obama without resorting to over the top claims and wild exaggerations.

Seems 3 out of the posters who reacted to my comments don’t agree with you. As I have told you more than once, you are an intellectual genius in your mind, a legend in your own mind.

However, many times you come across as a LONG WINDED know it all.

Nothing in my post was over the top or exaggerated. Obama set back race relations for years. He was the great divider, not a untifer.

He may be the POTUS most often called a racist, but that doesn't make him racist.  By the end, I'm sure he'll top most any of these lists. 

43 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Seems 3 out of the posters who reacted to my comments don’t agree with you. As I have told you more than once, you are an intellectual genius in your mind, a legend in your own mind.

The truth ain't a popularity contest.

And you have the attention span of a moth.

Nothing in my post was over the top or exaggerated. Obama set back race relations for years. He was the great divider, not a untifer.

The entire thing was.  We said "most racist," not "guy I hate the most."

Obama...."my grandmother was a typical white person"  ...now there is a great racist generalization....which should put him at the top of the list.

Can anyone tell me what Obama did or say that would make him the most racist president? And don’t just give me the “hE diVided tHe cOUntry” argument. What actions did he take? What rhetoric did he use?

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can anyone tell me what Obama did or say that would make him the most racist president? And don’t just give me the “hE diVided tHe cOUntry” argument. What actions did he take? What rhetoric did he use?

Being born half black. ;)

14 hours ago, PUB78 said:

you got links and anything legit to back up your claims? and i could care less what a trump person thinks of me sugar. i see through trumps bullcrap and the fact y'all have tbs just confirms what i believe. for the record most of you on here have been very smartass at one time or another to me or posters on the left. i am just giving it back and in spades.

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Obama...."my grandmother was a typical white person"  ...now there is a great racist generalization....which should put him at the top of the list.

I'd say it was close to accurate.  Not that many white women would welcome an out of wedlock black grandchild.

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

But telling 4 women of color, 3 of whom were born in the U.S, to go back to their countries, is fine. Makes sense.

12 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But telling 4 women of color, 3 of whom were born in the U.S, to go back to their countries, is fine. Makes sense.

Would you prefer they were 4 white women? I personally think his criticism of Rosie carried more of a punch.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:57 PM, TitanTiger said:

Have they ever heard of Woodrow Wilson?

15 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Would you prefer they were 4 white women? I personally think his criticism of Rosie carried more of a punch.

I’d prefer the POTUS didn’t tell any American citizen to go back to the countries they came from over Twitter, or any other platform. Guess that’s wishful thinking in today’s day and age. 

Archived