Golfers

I’m getting back into playing regularly. Been playing all my life. This year I’m having trouble seeing the ball off the driver. Sometimes I lose it in flight but most often I never pick it up. I see my playing partners ball better but not like I used to. 

My question is about ball color. Do any of you play off color balls and see them better in flight?

No on the color balls as a matter of fact I never could get use to color balls when they first came out................ a couple of questions.

Is it just the driver? I assume yes 

Do you wear glasses? When was the last time you had your eyes checked

And lastly great to hear you are trying to get back to playing regularly. I'm sure your son will be glad to hear as well.

• Like 2

Yes just the driver. On shots I don’t ever see it it might be my balance or a blink. I wear a very mild prescription for distance and my sunglasses have this prescription. I need different sunglasses. My vision is not so bad I need to wear regular glasses on course. on course. I’m very light sensitive.

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yes just the driver. On shots I don’t ever see it it might be my balance or a blink. I wear a very mild prescription for distance and my sunglasses have this prescription. I need different sunglasses. My vision is not so bad I need to wear regular glasses on course. on course. I’m very light sensitive.

My eyes were checked in the spring. No change in several years.

Augolf1716, I’m in your neck of the wood this week. I went today to the PGA superstore on Turkey lane or road. Shopping for a wedge. My 56* is worn out. I don’t get much bite on the ball anymore. I have never been tested on a simulator before. It pretty cool. I tried four different brands and was getting 8200 to 8400 rpms on the new blue Mizuno. The Cleveland, Calloway, and Vokey were all low 7000s. I was thinking about going back to a new Mizuno anyway. I bought my irons MP30 and MP series wedges 52 and 56 in 2004. I will probably get some different irons when I run across some I like. Some more forgiving irons. The MP 30s are basically blades. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, alexava said:

Augolf1716, I’m in your neck of the wood this week. I went today to the PGA superstore on Turkey lane or road. Shopping for a wedge. My 56* is worn out. I don’t get much bite on the ball anymore. I have never been tested on a simulator before. It pretty cool. I tried four different brands and was getting 8200 to 8400 rpms on the new blue Mizuno. The Cleveland, Calloway, and Vokey were all low 7000s. I was thinking about going back to a new Mizuno anyway. I bought my irons MP30 and MP series wedges 52 and 56 in 2004. I will probably get some different irons when I run across some I like. Some more forgiving irons. The MP 30s are basically blades. 

Vokey I love........I know question for @augolf1716 and he is much more qualified to give you best advice, just my favorite and I always kept clean after use.

59 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Vokey I love........I know question for @augolf1716 and he is much more qualified to give you best advice, just my favorite and I always kept clean after use.

Discussion for all golfers!

• Like 1

I’ve had titlest irons before. Long time ago.but no wedges.   I have not been through many clubs in my life though. I used to go through a lot of different drivers. But irons I think it’s less about technology and more of how you hit them. I hit the 56 very good still. The face is just too worn to grab the ball. I don’t mind buying used either. I actually prefer it. Not this wedge though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Great to hear the PGA store is only a couple of miles from Arnold Palmers Bay Hill club. Being tested on the simulator is a good idea all are good clubs I always went by feel with with the short sticks. When I was still playing I was using Cleveland wedges mostly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Great to hear the PGA store is only a couple of miles from Arnold Palmers Bay Hill club. Being tested on the simulator is a good idea all are good clubs I always went by feel with with the short sticks. When I was still playing I was using Cleveland wedges mostly. 

They all feel good if you hit em good. To me anyway. Especially off a mat. The mat can be misleading to the bad ball striker. I just want better distance control. Measure of spin is the best way without playing it a few rounds. I have never had a wedge with a milled face. All these I tested had milled faces. 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Did you use Ping irons or is my memory off?😁

17 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Did you use Ping irons or is my memory off?😁

Mostly Hogan irons until Ping came out then it was all Ping. That was a huge change for me broke my heart to leave Hogan

• Like 1

Mostly Hogan irons until Ping came out then it was all Ping. That was a huge change for me broke my heart to leave Hogan

I’m a Ping putter man. I liked several sets of pings yesterday. Most or all had milled face irons. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m a Ping putter man. I liked several sets of pings yesterday. Most or all had milled face irons. 

I have over 30 Ping putters collected over ther last 50 years of playing......... with a total of over 50 putters

I have over 30 Ping putters collected over ther last 50 years of playing......... with a total of over 50 putters

I have a Pal 2 and a Zing 2 I switch back and forth. Three or 4 others most loaned out. I’ll never get back. 

• Like 1

We played Cocoa Beach Country Club today. Good first nine. 33 with only 2 pars. On back everything was going left off the tee 40. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

We played Cocoa Beach Country Club today. Good first nine. 33 with only 2 pars. On back everything was going left off the tee 40. 

Played it once a long long time ago early 90's nice little public course. How long are you in the area I could get you on Bay Hill for next to nothing if the timing/day can be worked out. 

• Love 1

I leave Saturday morning. Not playing again. But this same week next year I’ll holler at you and certainly take you up!

And maybe meet up for a beer!

Edited by alexava
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, alexava said:

Love my Ping Anser

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

So I can play with that 40, but 33 on the front? Damn!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

So I can play with that 40, but 33 on the front? Damn!

Well normally I’m somewhere in between. This was a wild 33. As you can see it is a very short course and because of my son I played it from the white tees. 

image.jpg

Good score regardless. Props!

Just finished Oak Mt State Park from the tips. Somewhere around 6800. Had a 42/40.

Made some change which is always a bonus. Perry's will be much more enjoyable this evening. 

This once every two week thing ain't working.  Time to get busy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Good score regardless. Props!

Just finished Oak Mt State Park from the tips. Somewhere around 6800. Had a 42/40.

Made some change which is always a bonus. Perry's will be much more enjoyable this evening. 

This once every two week thing ain't working.  Time to get busy.

Not to sound dumb but what is Perry's?

31 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not to sound dumb but what is Perry's?

Local steak and chop joint. Actually a chain, but fortunate to have one down the street. 

https://perryssteakhouse.com/