Golfers

On 7/19/2019 at 8:10 PM, augolf1716 said:

Got it................... only one in Fl is in Miami. Looks like their big in Tx. Hope you enjoy

This is what Perry's is known for.  It's one pork chop....and it's freaking delicious.

perry-s-famous-pork-chop.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is what Perry's is known for.  It's one pork chop....and it's freaking delicious.

Indeed

78 today from the tips and literally missed two 3 foot putts. Playing with a club pro tomorrow. Should be challenging.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

78 today from the tips and literally missed two 3 foot putts. Playing with a club pro tomorrow. Should be challenging.

Where at?

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Where at?

Oak Mountain

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Very nice

Not bad for a state park course. Their Bermuda grasses seem to thrive in summer months.

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Not bad for a state park course. Their Bermuda grasses seems to thrive in summer months.

I haven't played a course in Al. in over 20 years was just wondering.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Not bad for a state park course. Their Bermuda grasses seem to thrive in summer months.

They do. Only problem is they aerate and verticut them about twice a summer and it takes weeks to recover. Necessary though. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I should add some of the best courses way back when were state parks both in Al and Tn and I'm talking along time ago

Gulf state park closed. ( gulf shores). Joe Wheeler is among the best deals around as far as challenges and cost. We canceled a tee time for that course a few weeks ago hearing the greens are in bad shape. Some are playing on temporary greens. Haven’t seen Guntersville state park in 20 years but it was nice. Those are the only ones I can think of. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I played nine again yesterday. 38 looked good at first. Birdied first two holes. Then bogeyed 5-8. I think heat and fatigue set in. Working nights last week plus Saturday night. Still kinda groggy when I started. Probably because I didn’t have any beer. Just went for the kid. But I do have to get back in the habit of backing off when I get distracted. Hit bad shots or puts on each of those holes by not being focused and committed to the shot. When my last thought before I take the club back is “just hit it already “ , I’m doomed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I played nine again yesterday. 38 looked good at first. Birdied first two holes. Then bogeyed 5-8. I think heat and fatigue set in. Working nights last week plus Saturday night. Still kinda groggy when I started. Probably because I didn’t have any beer. Just went for the kid. But I do have to get back in the habit of backing off when I get distracted. Hit bad shots or puts on each of those holes by not being focused and committed to the shot. When my last thought before I take the club back is “just hit it already “ , I’m doomed. 

Staying focus is always a big challenge especially if you start playing more. I always tried to imagine I was playing in a tournament and was 2 strokes behind. Playing with your son maybe come up with sometype of match to make it competitive. Easier said then done I know

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, augolf1716 said:

Mostly Hogan irons until Ping came out then it was all Ping. That was a huge change for me broke my heart to leave Hogan

Still have my old set of Hogan Director blades that my granddad passed down to me. Sweet clubs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Still have my old set of Hogan Director blades that my granddad passed down to me. Sweet clubs. 

May have said it before but I was a Hogan man all the way also had a set of Directors as well as Producers. Directors were better imo have a few of the Directors not the entire set some were so wron out had to retire them. Man could I hit them sweet especially the long irons.

Short story I tried to meet Mr Hogan all my life. Was playing in Palm Springs once met a guy who knew him had it all set up and the frickin President of my company set up a tee time for us to play. Had to make a decision keep my job or maybe met Mr Hogan. I kept my job damn it to hell. Of course I regretted it my entire life

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Recently cut off part of my right index finger, so haven't played since. Don't think it will affect swing. Should be playing again this fall. 

Damn man glad its OK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Freaking hedge trimmers. 

IMG_20190729_164055.jpg

Damn that’s gotta suck. But if you fight a hook like I do you might lose a little grip strength and not turn it over as much? 

Edited by alexava
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Played Turnberry Resort in the Miami area a few weeks ago.  No score to report since we did a two man scramble match play with some vendors.  However we had those guys beat in 13 holes.  

Latest full round I played was at a local residential course in Austin area.  45-39 = 84. Played a really solid back nine but alternated pars and doubles on the front to totally blow up my scorecard.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Played Turnberry Resort in the Miami area a few weeks ago.  No score to report since we did a two man scramble match play with some vendors.  However we had those guys beat in 13 holes.  

Latest full round I played was at a local residential course in Austin area.  45-39 = 84. Played a really solid back nine but alternated pars and doubles on the front to totally blow up my scorecard.

I played Turnberry Isle, the Soffer course, back in the mid 80's 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 8:49 PM, alexava said:

Well normally I’m somewhere in between. This was a wild 33. As you can see it is a very short course and because of my son I played it from the white tees. 

image.jpg

Sometimes when playing with my dad I wasnt above lifting my skirt and hitting from the ladys tee box...........and in early 2000 would also use Lady Precept balls. 😂

On 7/20/2019 at 7:15 PM, Brad_ATX said:

My waistline begs you to stop posting delicious pics.........it's becoming more than problematic.😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

My waistline begs you to stop posting delicious pics.........it's becoming more than problematic.😂

Here's the trick to Perry's.  Go on a Friday for lunch, but make reservations.  They do a pork chop special on Friday's.  $15 for one of those bad boys plus mashed potatoes and apple sauce.  You literally don't need a knife to cut that thing.

• Like 1