2020 4* RB Lawrance Toafili (FSU)

Sizzle

18 offers including AU, FSU, Ohio St., Gators, Michigan, Bama, LSU, Miami, ND, & Oregon
Is & has been a Major AU target for a long time
FSU may be trending

Surprised we didn't have a thread on LT. Here's an article from Rivals...

Florida running back talks Auburn, official visit plans

Sjdqnniqi4k2rw3jzviy

Pinellas Park (Largo, Fla.) running back Lawrance Toafili isn’t sure when he will take official visits, but he’s fairly certain of where he will take four of them.

“I haven’t set any visits, yet, but I’ll be doing it soon,” Toafili said. “Auburn, Florida State, UF and Michigan, those are the schools that will most likely get setup for officials.”

Toafili already has taken several unofficial visits, including multiple trips to Auburn, Florida State and Florida. His most recent visit to Auburn came in June when he was one of 35 top recruits to attend Big Cat.

“Big Cat was my second visit to Auburn and I really enjoyed it. “It was a different kind of experience, a different kind of visit. It was nice.”

Toafili utilized the visit to strengthen his bond with Cadillac Williams, Auburn’s first-year running backs coach and a 2005 NFL first-round pick. The relationship with Williams is one of the reasons Toafili has Auburn among his favorites.

“Me and Coach Cadillac have a very strong bond,” Toafili said. “He’s actually been in my shoes and was in them not too long ago – he’s been through the process as a player. Sometimes we just talk and he helps me out a lot and relates to a lot of what I’m talking about. He has a lot of experience, so he can teach me.”

Toafili also likes the feel at Auburn.

“I really like what they are cooking up over there,” Toafili said. “They are going to have a nice team and are building. Also, I like how they are all together. I feel like they all take care of each other and make sure everybody is OK. I like that about Auburn. Whenever I can get back up there, I will for sure do it. I really want to go back.”

Toafili plans to set up his official visits in the coming weeks. He doesn’t have a timetable for making a commitment and doesn’t list a leader.

“Right now, those are the four main schools for me (Auburn, Florida State, Florida and Michigan),” Toafili said. “But I wouldn’t say anybody is ahead of anybody.”

Rivals ranks Toafili, who is six-feet tall and weighs 175 pounds, the No. 23 running back in the 2020 class and No. 68 overall recruit in Florida.

I didn't realize he was that light at 175 Pounds. He would need to add at least 15 pounds but at 6' that should not be that hard. 

35 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I didn't realize he was that light at 175 Pounds. He would need to add at least 15 pounds but at 6' that should not be that hard. 

247 profile at the top has 180 & those can be a bit light FWIW.

Ok so I was watching the video and really questioning why he was so highly rated.  No real break away speed.  I mean there were several runs where teammates or defenders were stride for stride with him. 

Then suddenly at the 1:50 mark...  There is the answer!  Kid has drive.  What a run.  

I still don't think he has breakaway speed, but definitely fights for his yards.

53 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

247 profile at the top has 180 & those can be a bit light FWIW.

His HUDL video has him at 6'1 198 so who knows, lol. Speaking of his highlights, I know he might be playing against some smaller dudes but he is no scat back. He's on some Rudy Johnson ish @ 1:46. @ 4:01 looks like Cam's LSU run. @ 4:22 is Ronnie Brown vs Tennessee. 

Obviously I'm having a bit of fun but he really does seem to be the total package. I agree that he's not going to run over SEC LBs being that long and lean, but he runs very strong, seems to be able to get his pads down for a taller guy, has great vision and lateral mobility to go with it, can accelerate out of his cuts... again, could have something to do with the competition... but I'd be excited if we landed him. 

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Ok so I was watching the video and really questioning why he was so highly rated.  No real break away speed.  I mean there were several runs where teammates or defenders were stride for stride with him. 

Then suddenly at the 1:50 mark...  There is the answer!  Kid has drive.  What a run.  

I still don't think he has breakaway speed, but definitely fights for his yards.

Just some guy talking here, but I don't know that Gus has ever really prioritized breakaway speed for his primary RB. Maybe he should, but even when his offense has operated at peak capacity the home runs almost never come from RB1. His best rushing offenses seem to get chunk yardage between the tackles to set up big perimeter runs from the complimentary guys. Of course, a few of those guys who might have provided that 5th gear didn't exactly work out here for one reason or another... Might change with current personnel, though. 

Image result for worm gif

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just some guy talking here, but I don't know that Gus has ever really prioritized breakaway speed for his primary RB. Maybe he should, but even when his offense has operated at peak capacity the home runs almost never come from RB1. His best rushing offenses seem to get chunk yardage between the tackles to set up big perimeter runs from the complimentary guys. Of course, a few of those guys who might have provided that 5th gear didn't exactly work out here for one reason or another... Might change with current personnel, though. 

Yeah I know but that is just taking Gus's recruiting into it.  This guy is a 4* RB with 18 offers.  There are lots of people thinking he is good.  That is where I coming from.

Love your subtle hint there and I 100% agree....

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Yeah I know but that is just taking Gus's recruiting into it.  This guy is a 4* RB with 18 offers.  There are lots of people thinking he is good.  That is where I coming from.

Love your subtle hint there and I 100% agree....

Meant to high five you on that run at 1:50. Beastly. 

Well, we know we aren't shy about telling Florida running backs they aren't fast enough to play for Auburn, so the staff must think he's plenty fast.😀

I like this talent.  Considering last years haul (again some people may be sleeping on MAR),   And our current RB commit two classes out,  this guy would fit in nicely imo.   

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Geez. Taofili reminds me of Ronnie Brown. 

We get that. I see him as a more upright, leaner runner than Ronnie. But to each his own.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

What about him?

Good looking kid. Nice smile, just like his dad. No idea why we're talking about him in this thread, though.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@ellitor is this a first come type move?

I wonder if Florida State might get this kid! I think he and his family were there last week. Haven’t heard much chatter about Auburn lately.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

J Lee covered this on the Run Down today saying that look out for this guy to commit to FSU. It is all a part of the pieces of the puzzle that lead Tank to AU!!!

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

He's announcing for FSU because our staff told him we have Tank per JLee on the Rundown podcast yesterday.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* RB Lawrance Toafili (FSU)

Archived