What Are You Reading?

On 8/22/2019 at 7:18 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Instruct him to read Diary of Anne Frank and Zlata’s Diary(non-fiction re: Sarajevo). 

Great recommends. Love the first, need to check out the second for myself. Night (Elie Wiesel) needs a reread. For him, when he's a wee bit older...but yes. His parents wrote back, are touched, and will keep an ear out for further conversations. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11-22-63. Great read. Love S. King

• 2 weeks later...

The Complete Short Stories of Flannery O’Connor. 

• 1 month later...

Three bios in the waiting:  Laura Bush, Condoleeza Rice, and William/Catherine Booth (Salvation Army)...

On 8/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Wrapping up Tim O’Brien’s In the Lake of the Woods. 

Great read so far with about 20 pages to go. 

i loved his nam book called the things we carried. great book but its been years.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:19 AM, AU64 said:

I read meaningless stuff.. two are underway right now....one book and one on Kindle.....CJ Box and Harlan Coben and on wait list at my library for the next Daniel Silva book.    Just finished Bill Clinton/James Patterson..."The President is Missing"....not too bad if you skip over the political monologs that BC contributed to the story but would not actually pay money to read it.   Most of my reading is in the 'beach read" category I guess.....murder and mayhem. 

I love my libraries.....have cards at three of them. 

harlan is the man! i wish he would write more sports mysteries because i miss myron and his best friend the martial arts kick ass fellow. james lee burke is a treasure. a recovering alkie that is a  deputy that lives in corn dog land. his series with dave robicheax and his besy friend clete. 64 if you love readin run and pick up some of those. he has sttand alone novels but the dave r books should be read in order. man he is a gift.

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i loved his nam book called the things we carried. great book but its been years.

I have it. Haven’t settled down to read it yet. I go through phases where I’ll cruise through a few novels in a couple weeks and then stop for a while. 

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

harlan is the man! i wish he would write more sports mysteries because i miss myron and his best friend the martial arts kick ass fellow. james lee burke is a treasure. a recovering alkie that is a  deputy that lives in corn dog land. his series with dave robicheax and his besy friend clete. 64 if you love readin run and pick up some of those. he has sttand alone novels but the dave r books should be read in order. man he is a gift.

Thanks for the tip.....I am up to date on Harlan though don't think he's written a recent book about Myron.   The Dave R stories are good and I grew up in that part of the world but the language turns me off so have moved on from him. 

Reading Rosenberg's "The Aushwitz Escape".....historical fiction...and a brutal story..... and not sure I will be able to finish it without nightmares.

Archived