All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Those are some HUGE things...

I think you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised. That is all I am going to say. 

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised. That is all I am going to say. 

I am thinking so too. I'm just saying that missing Cam, Nick, et. al is a big deal.

Just now, bigbird said:

I am thinking so too. I'm just saying that missing Cam, Nick, et. al is a big deal.

Well yes those guys were special in their own regard, but I am thinking JG is going to have the necessary tools to make this offense with productive. A lot of it is going to fall on him.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well yes those guys were special in their own regard, but I am thinking JG is going to have the necessary tools to make this offense with productive. A lot of it is going to fall on him.

To me, it comes down to C, RG, and Gus. I'm not worried about QB, RB, or WR. 

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To me, it comes down to C, RG, and Gus. I'm not worried about QB, RB, or WR. 

Gus is very important part in this.  Will he be able to evaluate, before the 4th game, which QB is the gamer?  Will he be able to see the chemistry between QB, RB and WR in a timely fashion?

The wild card is Dilly.  He, potentially, could be a very important part of the puzzle.  A reason for optimism. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Those are some HUGE things...

Cam especially. Dude is giant.

I was being tongue in cheek. Imagine how much a 4th-year, all-SEC/Rimington-caliber center with extra nasty could help out this offense and whichever rookie QB we ride with. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I am hoping you are wrong bro, lol. I love me some Baker Mayfield, and I believe the dynamics between Gus and his offensive coordinator will work best with Bo. Now mind you, Baker came into college being somewhat underrated yet special. I think there are things in Bo's game that are either instinctual or already been taught to him at a younger age. Things that we do not need to see being taught by Gus. Those same parallels made Baker great and were things I did not see in Stidham or SW when they arrived here.  Obviously, those same things were not better when they left. 

A little secret... I hope I'm wrong too my brother!

I'm only going by the experience of the last few years but I would LOVE for Gus to feed me a large portion of crow 😁.

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And Nick/Grant. No need to dig up posts but they're there, lol. Compare our skill positions to the 2010, 2013 or 2014 groups and you'll see not only most of what we had then but also a few extra pieces that we didn't. 

Only things we're missing is a Cam or a Nick and a Ryan or a Reese. 

Or a Prosch

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Or a Prosch

True, but we might have versions of every h-back and tight end from those teams. And Prosch was just here the one year. But, boy, was he ever critical to the success of that offense.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

True, but we might have versions of every h-back and tight end from those teams. And Prosch was just here the one year. But, boy, was he ever critical to the success of that offense.

We had Prosch for two years, technically more like one and a half. Maybe that's what you meant. Nevermind 🙄

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Or a Prosch

Jay Jay hopefully fills that need 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Jay Jay hopefully fills that need 

More than likely Spencer Nigh. Jay Jay didn't block to well at Zona St.

Shenker could be the Cox, Prosch back this year.  He brings the receiving threat as well.  He’s the closest thing to a TE Gus has had in a while as well.  I don’t know how Fromm or Deal will do eventually do but I haven’t heard withers name since signing day.  You could see Joey/Bo, whichever RB, Sheneker backfield with Schwartz on the inside and Williams and Hill on the outside.  I wouldn’t want to defend that.  

I'm waiting. I'm hoping. But just waiting.

Maybe an OL will show up. I'm Waitin'

Maybe a QB will break out. I'm Waitin'

Maybe a RB will break out. I'm waitin'

Maybe CGM will find a brain. I'm Waitin'

Maybe, maybe, maybe. At this point, it's all just fantasy. I'm waitin'

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

More than likely Spencer Nigh. Jay Jay didn't block to well at Zona St.

I keep forgetting about Nigh. 

We're unusually deep at H and TE right now. Hopefully we have at least 1 good one of each. 

On 7/30/2019 at 7:21 AM, McLoofus said:

We're unusually deep at H and TE right now. Hopefully we have at least 1 good one of each. 

Shenker really came on with his blocking last year.  I think he will surprise a few. I'm a big fan. 

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Shenker really came on with his blocking last year.  I think he will surprise a few. I'm a fan. 

Agreed. Good hands, too. 

I'll obviously not make any serious or even semi-serious comparisons to Mike Alstott, but I wouldn't be mad if Shenker tried to envision himself as that style of player. At least on the pass-catching and blocking side of things. Can't imagine he'll get many carries at all.

Maybe a more reasonable way to say it is a more Prosch-y Chandler Cox and a more Cox-y Jay Prosch. 

I'm a fan of Shenker as well.  I think and hope he is a combination of TE, HB, FB that we haven't had in a long time. Can't remember our last player with his skill set.. We've had many that were better in one area but not all three. JSS may not have RB talent like some but AU offense doesn't use our guy that way. WR skills however is a plus a la Canella.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Shenker really came on with his blocking last year.  I think he will surprise a few. I'm a fan. 

Showed hands a few times too IIRC.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Plus, the TE's are relatively fresh and unspoiled.  They even still have that new car smell.

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Plus, the TE's are relatively fresh and unspoiled.  They even still have that new car smell.

One could say dusty & unused. Just sayin.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

One could say dusty & unused. Just sayin.

Certainly another direction 😆

30 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

👀

Was going to post that. Bo working too at a camp as expected 

Archived