All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Soo a couple of beat writers & an insider have changed their picks from Joey to Bo being the starter.

If that's the case, then Bo must be much more accurate than JG.  JG has had a year in the system, and is obviously a big kid back there. Can't wait to hear about the scrimmage today.

BTW, is the scrimmage open to the press? 

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

If that's the case, then Bo must be much more accurate than JG.  JG has had a year in the system, and is obviously a big kid back there. Can't wait to hear about the scrimmage today.

Marcello says it's closed to the press. 

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

You do know who our coach is right? If Gus were here to post a gif reply it would be...

giphy.gif

Just now, ellitor said:
2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Marcello says it's closed to the press. 

Water is wet.

So basically we're going to learn next to nothing about the QB race then.

Reporter: "Coach, was there any separation between the QB's today?"

Gus: "Both guys did some things well."

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You do know who our coach is right? If Gus were here to post a gif reply it would be...

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Water is wet.

Hear, hear. 

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

"We got a lot of good information."

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Soo a couple of beat writers & an insider have changed their picks from Joey to Bo being the starter. Regardless of who gets it all indications are both will play, at least early in the season.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897483c2ae984a3ef0d30

35 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Not necessarily. That's what insiders are for. I know there are some going to the scrimmage.

Also we're still about a week away til Gus makes a formal QB announcement.

Family Feud Stylin this one.

Steve Harvey, "We asked Gus Malzahn 100 times how the QB battle is going.Top 4 answers on the board. Point values are triple"

McLoofus buzzes in...

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"We got a lot of good information."

Steve Harvey, "#1 answer with a whoppin 273!! Damn son! You just won the game by yourself."

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Steve Harvey, "We asked Gus Malzahn 100 times how the QB battle is going.Top 4 answers on the board. Point values are triple"

McLoofus buzzes in...

Steve Harvey, "#1 answer with a whoppin 273!! Damn son! You just won the game by yourself."

giphy.gif

Why do I get the feeling that it will be Bo until the ball is in the redzone and then it will be Joey?

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Why do I get the feeling that it will be Bo until the ball is in the redzone and then it will be Joey?

giphy.gif

I think it will be the opposite as crazy as it sounds. This scares me. 

21 minutes ago, The Freak said:

giphy.gif

I'm totally okay if we go Wildcat inside the 5. 

If we stop throwing the ball once we get inside the 15, I'll be eager to participate in the "Next coach" conversations again. 

Accidentally posted this a wrong thread so moving it here

Guys, it's inevitable we will pull the starter after the O finds a rhythm for one play evaporating all momentum while putting us behind the chains and bringing the drive to a screeching halt. We will do this at least once vs Oregon IMO. It's not even me being pessimistic it's a pattern at this point.

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Guys, it's inevitable we will pull the starter after the O finds a rhythm for one play evaporating all momentum while putting us behind the chains and bringing the drive to a screeching halt. We will do this at least once vs Oregon IMO. It's not even me being pessimistic it's a pattern at this point.

Haha still applies . Just leave 1 QB in. Both QBs are more than able to run the read and make passes. If this isn’t the case, then you clearly have 1 guy more capable than the other. 

At least it seems that we have two capable Qbs for the first time since maybe Nix and Craig so Gus might actually pull the trigger and let the Qb throw it instead of an obvious run.

this is if he pulls the old switcharoo mid drive.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm totally okay if we go Wildcat inside the 5. 

If we stop throwing the ball once we get inside the 15, I'll be eager to participate in the "Next coach" conversations again. 

Oooo, I just thought of another guscenario....

giphy.gif

JG gets the start and handles all the run plays and keepers, and then gus subs in Bo for all the pass plays!

15 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Oooo, I just thought of another guscenario....

giphy.gif

JG gets the start and handles all the run plays and keepers, and then gus subs in Bo for all the pass plays!

"That could never happen!"

-Said every single Auburn fan about every single thing that's happened to Auburn football since the 80s

10 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

So, this ain't your first rodeo either. 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

McLoofus buzzes in...

You seriously under-rate your own sense of humor.

Well done sir!!

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

You know, the Mark My Words thread is open for business too? 

Would Gus use both QB's all season and start the QB who gives him the best chance to win each week?  Starting Joey against teams with poor run defenses and Bo against teams with a poor passing defense

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Would Gus use both QB's all season and start the QB who gives him the best chance to win each week?  Starting Joey against teams with poor run defenses and Bo against teams with a poor passing defense

He’s never been a 2 QB guy but who knows. He was once a 4 QB guy with Clemson and basically stopped any chemistry that could've been had dead in its tracks.  He also slowed down the offense to do all that crap. I’d he's going to play different QBs in the same game, all bets are off. and don’t hold me to his stupidity. 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

8Qf7.gif

Interesting.

Archived