All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

31 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Anybody else wander if Gus is giving Joey every opportunity to win the starting job, but he just isn't serviceable in passing?  It would seem with the massive advantage of size in Joey's favor, the running ability and 1 year of experience it would be a no brainer for him to start unless the gap in passing ability between Bo and Joey is that large.

I have no inside information, just kind of what I'm thinking.  I do think we see both play against Oregon though. 

'

I am confused here.  First off, we haven't seen him throw in a real game yet, so how do you know this?  Second, many said same thing about NM yet now people talk about him as one of the greats of AU because he got us to the championship game.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

I am confused here.  First off, we haven't seen him throw in a real game yet, so how do you know this?  Second, many said same thing about NM yet now people talk about him as one of the greats of AU because he got us to the championship game.

I don't know, thats why the sentence ended in a question mark.  Just thinking out loud, all speculation on my part..

43 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I don't know, thats why the sentence ended in a question mark.  Just thinking out loud, all speculation on my part..

I think most of this is speculation except for the tidbits we get from insiders. We need the season to start already!

48 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

247 depth projection chart has Bo as QB1

QB1,QB2 I don’t think it really matters as all the tea leaves point to both of these guys playing early . 

I just don't think anyone REALLY knows, including the coaches, until they are live game one. Practices and scrimmages should help prepare both of them, but when the lights are on against Oregon, we are going to see what they are made of... as long as the OL can block. That is the biggest key. 

52 minutes ago, DAG said:

QB1,QB2 I don’t think it really matters as all the tea leaves point to both of these guys playing early . 

Yeah I’m watching Finebaum and he just said he’s hearing that the QB race has been decided in Auburn and both QBs will play vs Oregon. My guess is that Nix will start the game and JG will be used in the red zone/short yardage situations 

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Yeah I’m watching Finebaum and he just said he’s hearing that the QB race has been decided in Auburn and both QBs will play vs Oregon. My guess is that Nix will start the game and JG will be used in the red zone/short yardage situations 

Maybe . Hopefully that isn’t the case though because if so, then the race has definitely been called. And if this is the case, I think Cord better be ready for back up duty. Can’t see JG staying if that is the case.

22 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He probably "heard" the speculation of another sports writer.  Notice how he did not say which QB?  If he gave a name and it is wrong, it would be obvious he does not have any real connections at AU.  He always uses terms like "I am hearing" and "People are saying"; what he really means is "I think this will stir the pot". 

On 8/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

The Gatewood v. Nix debate is getting heated on campus.

23 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Young lady in the blue could probably take both of'em...DADGUM!!!

Wish they would stop fighting over me. Dang it gets embarrassing at times

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

They're the ones that should be embarrassed fighting over a 50 million year old man...

37 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

By “over you” are you saying that u are the guy on the ground who took the nut shot from the brown mustard cheap shot queen?

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

By “over you” are you saying that u are the guy on the ground who took the nut shot from the brown mustard cheap shot queen?

Golf and nut shooting should never be mentioned together in the same sentence, as far as I'm concerned. 

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

No I was inside the bar when this happen

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Golf and nut shooting should never be mentioned together in the same sentence, as far as I'm concerned. 

Only if bird had any then shoot'em off

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

If they’re numb does it even matter if they get shot🤔? Asking for a friend....

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They hurt

Your response reminds me of the weather guy from family Guy..... And now here is Ollie Williams with the weather:

its-gonna-rain-quick-meme-com-and-now-ollie-williams-19810145.png

12 hours ago, bigbird said:
17 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Interested to hear about the injuries 

They hurt

18 hours ago, DAG said:

Maybe . Hopefully that isn’t the case though because if so, then the race has definitely been called. And if this is the case, I think Cord better be ready for back up duty. Can’t see JG staying if that is the case.

This is why I feel JG will start and Nix will be on standby. I honestly expect a heavy dose of run and we will live and die by play action. I’m betting we prosper off it and we have a 250+ rushing performance coupled with a 200+ passing performance and we win big. 

Archived