All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

11 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

This is why I feel JG will start and Nix will be on standby. I honestly expect a heavy dose of run and we will live and die by play action. I’m betting we prosper off it and we have a 250+ rushing performance coupled with a 200+ passing performance and we win big. 

Man the reports are so conflicting though. It is so odd that Bo Nix seems to have the media behind him, although I feel as JG should be the starter. Just ready for football season to return and all of these questions laid to rest 

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man the reports are so conflicting though. It is so odd that Bo Nix seems to have the media behind him, although I feel as JG should be the starter. Just ready for football season to return and all of these questions laid to rest 

I guess the good news is that both should be pretty good. I’m not sure how accurate this is but I’ve heard that Gatewood had some issues with one hoping his first few short passes to the wrs but that went away as the scrimmage wore on. 

I’m with you though, I just want the season to started so we can watch everything unfold! Maybe tomorrow’s scrimmage will solidify things a bit more. 

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus' "Operation Disinformation" is working.

Soon we'll all be storming Jordan-Hare like Area 51!

giphy (1).gif

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not so sure of that. With the WR play lacking we may use Gatewood & the Power Run offense more.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not so sure of that. With the WR play lacking we may use Gatewood & the Power Run offense more.

It's almost as if to say that "not going live has hurt JG"....one might say WR drops have hurt Bo Nix for this very reason. Quite the conundrum!

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's almost as if to say that "not going live has hurt JG"....one might say WR drops have hurt Bo Nix for this very reason. Quite the conundrum!

WR drops have hurt both QBs supposedly unfortunately.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

WR drops have hurt both QBs supposedly unfortunately.

Crazy to think how great we have been at recruiting WRs the past few years and yet here we are with them dropping so many passes. Hope they figure it out soon. 

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

So apparently Joey got to showcase the wheels alil bit in this scrimmage.  

Good.  .....I hope you're right.

So.....did Kaleb open some holes? :whistle:

Other than breaking rhythm I don’t think drops are really hurting the analysis of the Qb race.however it is disappointing to hear what we thought was our offensive strength is not doing as well as we expected. Hopefully they shake it off. Still a few days to get to where they need to be.

41 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

So apparently Joey got to showcase the wheels alil bit in this scrimmage.  

He did?

I guess Bo is throwing the ball too hard; kinda like Elway did back in the day.   haha    is Bo putting the ball on target so they are legit opportunities?  

Why are they dropping Joey's passes?   I have no idea.   Just wondering  if someone can add some insight.

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I guess Bo is throwing the ball too hard; kinda like Elway did back in the day.   haha    is Bo putting the ball on target so they are legit opportunities?  

Why are they dropping Joey's passes?   I have no idea.   Just wondering  if someone can add some insight.

Don’t forget most of these guys today are backups and our best starters are being held out. Wouldn’t be too worried just yet, but of course you want the backups to catch it too!

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

Don’t forget most of these guys today are backups and our best starters are being held out. Wouldn’t be too worried just yet, but of course you want the backups to catch it too!

Yes because no team is going to play 3 or 4 WRs the entire season.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:19 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Looks like Bo being named starter may not be unhinged after all. PM may have more insight than some gave him credit for. 

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Looks like Bo being named starter may not be unhinged after all. PM may have more insight than some gave him credit for. 

I will be completely surprised if it isn't Gatewood.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would have been too before reading PTBs comments early this morning. 

Feeling good about my man crush Bo...

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Is that pure guess or relatively informed?

Heavily trending that way. If this were a presidental election this is about the time the opponent gives a concession speech.

41 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You may want to read PTBs posts on the last 2 pages of the scrimmage 2 thread.

Archived