All Things 2019 QB Talk

countoff

From what I've heard and from my own perspective and opinions, I think JG and Bo were just about even coming out of Spring. It seems this summer has been more beneficial to Bo. 

I don't care who starts, who takes  more snaps, or who finishes as the starter. I want a competent offense with a leader at QB. One that can pile up yards and score in the RZ. I want the spiteful play caller to return and the offense to pile it on. Whomever leads us there has my support.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It is but it doesn't matter.

I thought one play on the field was the determining factor, not attending a class, in losing a year of eligibility. 

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Definitely could but we don't have enough capable bodies at QB to be able to move him. That said, Gus has said many times he's not changing positions.

Agreed. We need him at QB this season.

After this season, I'd hope we could get a little more creative and find ways to get him on the field. 

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

I thought one play on the field was the determining factor, not attending a class, in losing a year of eligibility. 

Nope. eligibility is based on either one, playing or starting the Fall Semester of classes, whichever happens 1st.

Just now, ellitor said:

Nope. eligibility is based on either one, playing or starting the Fall Semester of classes, whichever happens 1st.

Got it. Thank you. 

On 8/17/2019 at 10:23 PM, alexava said:

Nobody is gonna leave. At least not till December. 

This. Gatewood has already been redshirted. Under NCAA rules, he will lose a year of eligibility if he transfers. There is no time to challenge for immediate eligibility like in the post season. Therefore, there is no advantage for him to leave immediately.

As for Nix, he could transfer immediately and sit out a redshirt year, but I can't see that as an Auburn legacy.

11 minutes ago, meh130 said:

This. Gatewood has already been redshirted. Under NCAA rules, he will lose a year of eligibility if he transfers. There is no time to challenge for immediate eligibility like in the post season. Therefore, there is no advantage for him to leave immediately.

As for Nix, he could transfer immediately and sit out a redshirt year, but I can't see that as an Auburn legacy.

For accuracy purposes on Joey sitch If a player waits til December to leave they have to sit the 2020 season barring getting a petition passed by the NCAA. Many have but it's not a lock. That's essentially risking losing 2 seasons if the player didn't play much in 2019. The better scenario if a kid is looking to transfer is do what the WVU QB did a season or 2 ago. Play 3 or 4 games then transfer. The player is guaranteed to be eligible to play after the 3rd or 4th game of the 2020 season & can petition to play the 1st 3 or 4 also as the QB did.

10 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Wonder how much this will affect the line as most outside of Auburn expected JG to be the starter 

Very little listening to the Vegas guy on 3 Man Front the past few weeks.

2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

giphy.gif

Just the type of post to make me feel like a crack addict waiting on his/her next hit.

I just hope the coaching staff really let the young man do his thing if he is the starter. Let him sling it. Mistakes will be made.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just hope the coaching staff really let the young man do his thing if he is the starter. Let him sling it. Mistakes will be made.

I want to see the aggressive Gus we got in the bowl game. I never thought I would see the day that Gus would call timeouts just so we could hit 50 before halftime in any game haha! If he is coaching like that this season, I think we could put up some funny numbers! He doesn’t have to take jabs in media like spurrier, but it would be awesome to see him keep his foot on the gas even when backups come in. 

11 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Black smoke is for deliberating.

Oh. Whoops. I’m not a follower of religious tradition. I’m a heathen😂

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh. Whoops. I’m not a follower of religious tradition. I’m a heathen😂

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14018-1363201186-13

10 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I want to see the aggressive Gus we got in the bowl game. I never thought I would see the day that Gus would call timeouts just so we could hit 50 before halftime in any game haha! If he is coaching like that this season, I think we could put up some funny numbers! He doesn’t have to take jabs in media like spurrier, but it would be awesome to see him keep his foot on the gas even when backups come in. 

This. I want to see this Gus every game. Like Spurrier said, "my job is to score points. Your job is to stop me." I hope Gus takes this mindset into this season, and he averages about 52 points a game. 

4 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14018-1363201186-13

Dang. I should have known just from that movie. That’s one of my favs. Mi scusi, mi scusi!

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

One that can pile up yards and score in the RZ. I want the spiteful play caller to return and the offense to pile it on. Whomever leads us there has my support.

This!

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, hearing it's Bo.

I saw a few mentions of Bo being the guy from some less than popular twitter accounts. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I saw a few mentions of Bo being the guy from some less than popular twitter accounts. 

Interesting. I don't do Twitter

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Interesting. I don't do Twitter

I didn’t put much stock in it, because nobody with any street cred has said anything yet.

Archived